Reviews for Summer's Day
ClarkyDee chapter 15 . 6/6
Hey Summer!

I love what you're doing with this story! The information/advice is clear and practicable, which is refreshing for a writing help story :) also I enjoy your style of humor and the scenarios that frame the lists. The way you keep characters in character with exceptions that are played for laughs makes the story surrounding the writing advice enjoyable to read.

If I could make a suggestion about something to cover in a future chapter it would be sentence/paragraph structure. Often times I find fics that are solid in every regard except they aren't particularly well...told? Not sure if that's the right word for it. But the way in which every sentence is the same length, in the same format, and style can make a story seem very mechanical and functional while lacking in flavor. It's important, in my opinion anyways, to pace the reader by writing sentences and paragraphs with varied lengths and styles so the story comes across as more dynamic and interesting. If that makes sense.

Anyways, I can't wait to see this story continue! You're doing the fandom a great service.

Regards,
Clark
Abi the Authoress chapter 15 . 4/16
Wow this story is so helpful. I didn't realize how much I can improve. This is wonderful.
NatNicole chapter 12 . 10/5/2014
Is it okay to put my writing process? Which is:
1. Suddenly get a story idea while walking, be it outside or from one room to another.
2. Quickly write the idea down.
3. Forget the idea.
4. Remeber it while eating, then go quickly add to it.
5. Dream or daydream the first ten to twenty chapters.
6. Write down what little you remember the next morning.
7. Put what you've written into the 'Ideas' folder.
8. Repeat starting from 1.

Hehe...

This chapter's pretty entertaining, and the description bit's helpful (even though I kinda figured it out when I was 10).
Guest chapter 11 . 10/5/2014
Type your review for this chapter here...
NatNicole chapter 8 . 10/5/2014
THANK YOU! The first fic I'd ever written publically made me cringe at the cliches in it. Now though,I'm better and I bet this fic will help. This chapter especially is helpful, and I LOVED Mai's input. (WHY do people say she's emotionless and Zuko's an emo? That makes NO sense!)

Question: I'm writing a crossover fic called 'The War of Elements' and a canon character (Digimon's Ryo Akiyama) is gonna be OOC in it. I've put a warning about that. Is it acceptable to make a canon character OOC if it's necessary for the plot?
Ciloron chapter 15 . 8/18/2014
I really like how you write a story meant to give advice to those who need it, while still filling it with humor. The lists you add in every chapter are really helpful, even though I knew most of the things you explained in them, one tends to forget certain aspects of writing and it's nice to read this through to refresh your view on your own story.

You asked for suggestions in your last author note, so here comes my suggestion. You could try to do a chapter on playing with chronology. (Creating a story based on flashbacks, a chronological story and its opposite, etc.) Or a chapter on different kind of plots. (Linear plot line, managing multiple plot lines, etc.) A chapter on multiple plot lines would be very helpful for people who write longer stories, what I like to do, opposite to the more common one chapter stories.

Anyway, keep this up and running, it's really helpful and fun to read.

Cheers,

Ciloron
KittyKatly chapter 15 . 7/13/2014
I really loved this story! I've read all the chapters and I'm planning on using it on my future stories! Good job!
Hyriu85 chapter 15 . 7/1/2014
Soooo I read this whole thing in one sitting. I have to say, it was fantastic (hence why I read it in one sitting). I applied all the tests to my story and characters and it was a very nice tool to use. I am very excited for the upcoming chapters, mainly the crossover chapter as my story is a crossover. The comedy is very nice and I could hear all the characters voices in my head and for the most part I thought they were all in character (except for Zuko in the museum, but that was explained). Great work and please take your time with the last chapters, but not too long ;)
RossLynch4ever chapter 15 . 5/4/2014
I can't wait till the rest of the story! This has really helped me with writing fanfictions! Sokka forgetting to record it is sooo like him! You are doing a great job with everything! Can't wait till chapter 16!
RossLynch4ever chapter 9 . 5/1/2014
lol haha
I'm DJ Lala!
Great job!
RossLynch4ever chapter 8 . 5/1/2014
so funny lol... what is with these characters memorizing links
SAVE SOKKA!
bendergurl123 chapter 15 . 2/3/2014
will the new edited version be a new story or still be in this one?
Melody Sparrow chapter 15 . 12/21/2013
Hahaha! Sokka forgetting to film the speech is such a classic. Hilarious! XD
It's going to be a a lot of work improving this story, like any other. I hope you are going to have a lot of fun, though! C:
Looking forward to the new, edited version! ;D
Irako of the Desert chapter 15 . 12/8/2013
I can't wait to see the updated version. I would suggest bringing in more sarcastic Sokka hijacking author's notes, and maybe making allusions to Legend of Korra with all its strengths and weaknesses as a story. It would be cool to see the LoK characters make an appearance in a chapter about crossovers as co-hosts with the A:tLA characters.

I also wouldn't worry too much about the plot. You were doing pretty well with these sitcom-like chapters where you had a simple premise for everyone being together, and then focusing on actually conveying information.
Justice Tokidoki chapter 15 . 12/5/2013
What a very humorous announcement. Long time no see, no? It's refreshing to see this type of humor after so long, it works so well because it does fit into the context of this story. Really now.

It's going to be interesting seeing this story redone, always nice to revisit previous lessons and whatnot, cause nobody is perfect. Great work!

Justice T. (a.k.a. Justice333 if you can remember that far back)