Reviews for The Ordinance of Ra
Flame-Metal-Heart chapter 3 . 8/22/2010
Nice job. Keep it up:D
Gweniveve Skyes chapter 3 . 8/21/2010
Holy son of Ra! (even though he didn't technically have any...) You used my suggestion! and you made it fit in there very, very well, I might say, though I noticed that you did give Set the royal boot. According to the series, Set was the following Pharaoh...but hey, who cares?

Set: I do!

Shut up. But anyways, I love the idea of the Ordinance of Ra, it was a very good idea. did I mention how I like the idea of Osiris being evil? I think I did, maybe. You depict Sekhmet so well in this story as well (ironically your version of Sekhmet and my version of Sekhmet are very different, yet they both fit perfectly into the goddesses's ethos). The line about the Spartan was cute too...which then makes me wonder: were the Egyptian gods and the Greek gods one and the same? Okay let's not get into that one right now, especially in the middle of a review. I really enjoyed this chapter so far, and I hope you get the next churned out quickly.

Gwen

PS: Did you purposely place Maahes on Joey's side, or was this completely random? I'm asking becaue in Egyptian mythology, he was the son of Sekhmet.
Flame-Metal-Heart chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
I like this story alot. Please continue:D
Trigun-Vash chapter 2 . 4/29/2010
hehehhehe! increidle! *ssorry about my speeling* totL COOL! Cant wait to read the next one!

XD
Gweniveve Skyes chapter 2 . 4/28/2010
I think this story is off to a very good start, it's nice to see Joey the focus of a story for once, other than puppyshipping (no offense if you like that pairing). The incorporation of the Egyptian gods is well done -you even included Neith(very few people know about her) in there! And made Osiris a bad guy! One slight discrepancy though, and it has nothing to do with the plot, the plot's just fine :). It is Joey's alter-ego's name, Jabari.
In Egyptian culture, there are little to no names that start with the letter 'J' or even possess the letter 'j' in them (at least from what I have seen in my ten years of study). The name Jabari sounds almost Arabian; however, that is just my opinion.
Many pharaoh's had the names of their gods incorporated into their names to further cement their connection to the gods. So a name like Sa-Heru would be an example of this (Heru is another name for Horus). Even Atem's, it has the name Atem, which is a corruption of Atum, which was another name for the sun god Ra. If you want to change it, that's fine, but if you don't, that's okay too, this is just a reference for the future.
But overall, I really like this story and will definitely be keeping an eye on it in the future. I seem to have a knack of finding good and unusual (in a good and different way) fics. Keep working at it!

Gwen
Trigun-Vash chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
heheheh! wow! very awosme indeed! cool! i cant wait for the next chapter!

XD