Reviews for In the Twilight of My Life
Guest chapter 21 . 1/21/2013
I could never be with a widower. I would always remember that I'm second best. That if his wife was alive he would never be with me. He would be with her. That I'm with him only because she died.
S1203 chapter 21 . 10/27/2012
Once again, so beautifull...
BELAVERA chapter 2 . 9/29/2012
This chapter sounds just like what they both need. Poor Bella, she has a daughter who "overcares" for her mother, having no respect for her mother. For Carlie, her mom is well enough to watch the kids, but not well enough to help plan the funeral. Carlie certainly does not equate love with repect. She has driven her mother's soul into a fog, and THEN they all take her stuff under the guise of "wanting something to remember Dad with!" My sister tried to do the same thing when my father died. Her three siblings had to push it through her head that everything still belonged to my mom (as per the Will). She was tough to convince that she couldn't "take her share!" It looks like Bella was not as lucky.

Finally-Edward finds some peace and affection! Please don't let Carlie ruin it! Grown children often have the gall to think of their elders as five year olds who "need guidence" in their lives. Even when we love them, we tend to think of them as too slow witted, feeble in body meaning feeble-minded, and because one of the parents is gone, then Grandma is supposed to sit and knit clothes for the grand-children (if she doesn't just die first). As you can see, I am passionate about how elders are treated! I am very glad Edward & Bella have met...
MaJiQ chapter 21 . 8/8/2012
One word:

Beautiful
Guest chapter 9 . 8/4/2012
Beautiful!
Charlie0925 chapter 21 . 7/30/2012
Beautifully written, I adored this fic!
mrs.lilibet cullen chapter 21 . 7/23/2012
Really weird to read but i loved it none the less it was a great story thank you
mscope chapter 21 . 7/11/2012
The tears fall now that I have completed ItToML. I should start by telling you this has to be one of the most beautiful stories of love I have ever read.

Two years ago my sister and I began alternating going home to Michigan to help our father care for our mother in their home her final year. If I learned nothing else during that time I learned that love truly is timeless.

I weep for the purity and beauty of Edward and Bella's love and thank you so much for sharing your story with us.
Just4ALE chapter 21 . 6/12/2012
Ah, they were tweeting about this fic yesterday. I'm so glad they did. What a sweet story... Thank you.
ordinary vamp chapter 21 . 6/11/2012
This was a beautiful story. It had everything a love story should have, regardless of the age of the characters. I'm so in love with ITToML; it was romantic and sweet and nice and just... :''') Edward was amazing for Bella, and he for him. I love that their relationship built and grew with the tribulations of their age. I thought it was amazing neither one of them saw their age as a sort of roadblock to the relationship they deserved.

SUCH a beautiful fic. I'm in love with it.
honeyimhom chapter 11 . 6/1/2012
This is the best story I have ever read.
Sempre Giovane chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Stunningly beautiful story. Thank you for sharing.
sapphire0427 chapter 21 . 3/8/2012
Oh. It's over. :( You seem to need very little advice in the technical realm, so I'm just going to gush, okay?

First, what an ending! Sweet and sorrowful and just absolutely perfect. A septuagenarian honeymoon is better than one that never happens at all, I suppose. And as much as I enjoy a good hard lemon, it is, of course, best that this particular B&E had their privacy.

Oldward is so perfect, just the right mix of charm and insecurity and unabashed adoration. He's beautiful. My favorite O moments: the first time in the cafeteria when he calls her "my Bella"; in chapter 9 when she undresses and he begs her to look at him so he can tell her she's beautiful; his adorable and heartbreaking insecurity and hopefulness when he says he's not sure if Bella sees him "as a woman sees a man."

Wrinkella is lovely, too, and to your credit, she feels like an old woman, not a young woman with some token outward signs of age. She is nervous and shy and deeply bereaved. Her frustration and hope and longing all feel real. She really communicates the feeling of emerging from a long internal exile. My favorite moments with her are the two times she cries for Jacob (once by the tree, once at his grave), with Edward by her side both times.

I love how you used Embry during the engagement and wedding. You handled that situation in a lovely but seemingly realistic way. I felt the full complexity of the situation, without your having to spell a bunch of things out or beat it into the ground, as some authors do.

It is a lovely, lovely story. Like many great fanfics, it could stand alone as an original work and be just as striking... but I would certainly miss those lively green eyes. :)
sapphire0427 chapter 17 . 3/7/2012
Meep!
sapphire0427 chapter 14 . 3/7/2012
I don't often wish to meet fanfic authors, but you're the exception. I'd love to sit down and have a beer with you, just to see where this unlikely story was born. (I hope that doesn't sound stalker-ish. Not a stalker, I swear. Just a stay-at-home mommy who kind of has it bad for Oldward.)
2,606 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »