Reviews for In the Twilight of My Life
sapphire0427 chapter 7 . 3/7/2012
"How I always imagined my Jacob had been there, calling my Edward to me, not wanting me to be alone in the gathering darkness of the twilight of my life."

Are you KIDDING ME with this stuff? Or trying to kill me with sweetness and sadness and hope and hopelessness?
sapphire0427 chapter 6 . 3/7/2012
I don't want to read the next chapter.

Instead, I want to put my kids down for naps, then sit here in front of my laptop and cry my freaking eyes out.

Like, I feel it coming on, you know? When you can feel the sob building in the back of your throat? I wish I were cooler, cool enough to be exaggerating. I'm not.
sapphire0427 chapter 4 . 3/7/2012
SERIOUSLY? You're writing an Oldward/Wrinkella story, (where my two favorite characters in contemporary literature are aged and failing and way past being the vital, exciting, ridiculously sexy people that I've fallen in love with), and you are actually PULLING IT OFF? Kudos, tlig. Kudos.

Also, I haven't read what the other readers have (said yet, so I don't spoil my own perceptions of the story, but I wonder if anyone has mentioned how brave you are. This is a part of our lives that, as a society, we hide from, minimize, and generally do what we can to ignore. And here you are, all ballsy, writing a love story here. Amazing. I wrote the same thing to Quothme in a review of "Awake in the Infinite Cold," which, if you haven't read it, deals with mental disability. Fantastic story.)

I'm really enjoying this.
sapphire0427 chapter 3 . 3/6/2012
I am completely freaked out. Completely.

Not by the fact that Edward is wrinkly or that Bella is dependent and wheelchair-bound. Not by the fact that this story takes place in an assisted living facility instead of a meadow or a Seattle dorm room or a huge ass mansion in Chicago.

I'm freaked out by the fact that Bella has lived her life, and it wasn't with Edward. I mean, Bella lived, had a child, passed years and years and years, and Edward was out there the whole time! *heart breaks*

But, again, I trust you. And so I'm going to keep reading. :)
sapphire0427 chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
So... I have very little use for Jacob Black. I appreciate him keeping Bella alive until Edward comes to his senses, but beyond that, I have a hard time keeping my patience with him. Needless to say, of the hundreds of Twifics I have read, Bella/Jacob has never been interesting or entertaining (or even palatable) to me.

That said, I've spent several days working through a handful of your stories (Fear of Flying, Virtual Intimacy, Five Nights, and String Theory, which was devastatingly beautiful and also eerily similar to my own love story). You clearly know the power of words and have the wherewithal to wield that power by telling stories that are sweet and tense and funny and ohsosexy... So even though I run from anything that presents Jacob as an acceptable match for Bella, and even though my mind was in panic mode through the whole first chapter, I'm going to read on, because I trust you. 3
Edward'sDJ chapter 20 . 3/3/2012
Lovely. In retrospect, Edward's affections grew significantly after he tased Bella's lasagne; the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!
Edward'sDJ chapter 17 . 3/3/2012
?Presumably Jacob is the only man Bella has ever slept with.
Edward'sDJ chapter 14 . 3/3/2012
Good thing that we get old so gradually that we don't notice it.
Edward'sDJ chapter 12 . 3/3/2012
My aunt has opted to become house-bound because she won't give up smoking, and so they won't do a hip replcement.
Edward'sDJ chapter 11 . 3/3/2012
Lack of support from Carlie would be a great barrier.
Edward'sDJ chapter 10 . 3/3/2012
The hobble of shame!
Edward'sDJ chapter 8 . 3/3/2012
Edward's tentative hope is heartwarming.
Edward'sDJ chapter 5 . 3/2/2012
Wonderful to find love twice in a lifetime.
Edward'sDJ chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
I'm afraid we're in for a sad ride.
LIZZIED1951 chapter 21 . 2/14/2012
WONDERFUL! I came late to this story and didn't get to review each chapter. This was truly an amazing story and gives hope to any of all of us who might be faced with this same situation someday.

Question: Did you decide not to do the sequel? I know you are extremely busy but just wondering.

I really loved the outtake from EPOV, bless his heart, he was so lonely.
2,604 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »