Reviews for Not Alone
Brievel chapter 1 . 9/20
Poor Cody. At least he's getting a second chance.
laloga chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Believe it or not, I've been meaning to read this for some time! (Thanks to BunBun Fett)

What a beautifully written story! Poignant and bitterly sad on many levels, but just lovely.

Loved the mention of how important the "little things" were to clones; slight gestures, words and touches mean all the differences to identical men.

This was amazing: "The war had made even the strongest of his brother's desire vices of one sort or another, anything to cope with the harsh reality that was their existence." The end of the Republic heralded such dark times - not just for the Jedi and citizenry - but for the loyal soldiers of the GAR as well. You did a perfect job capturing Cody's state of mind - indeed, the state of mind of many of the clones - in this time period.

I'm glad that someone found him, someone who cared enough about this "flesh droid" to see him for the beautiful soul he is.

Wonderful piece! Thank you for sharing this! :D
BunBun Fett chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
WOW. I really can't say anything more to do this justice. Just...WOW. I would really, really love to see this developed beyond just a one-shot...but as it is, it's powerful and utterly poignant. veteran myself...very realistic.

Treenahasthaal chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
I find your writing style often beautiful and yet tragic. Poor Cody; for one man to carry that much pain has to be overwhelming. It is to be hoped that there is now light within his darkness.
Queen chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Oh! *squees!* I'm not sure what else to say other than that it's adorable. Poor Cody. He's really in a terrible situation post ROTS, he really does need that hug.
Thessili chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Once again you've managed to show the blossoming of a relationship from little more than gestures.

I think I'm used to clones now, but you always managed to make me feel for these abused people;

"Even the slightest gesture of affection, a sincere smile, a kind word, the brushing of fingers held a great weight when one knew only a life of violence and sacrifice."

I'd not read your other story where he'd committed suicide, but it was still beautiful how he was saved from that sad act by the rebels message.

Poor boy, so emotionally young to be thrust into that situation, no wonder he opens up to the first person who shows him affection.

And what a lovely way to end - so full of hope! :)