Reviews for Sam's Tale
Janet chapter 1 . 4/30/2002
Another chapter! Yay! This is the MOST wonderful tale.
Jera1 chapter 27 . 4/28/2002
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Another chapter. Excuse me while I jump up and down! I check every day to see if there are more posts! I can't wait till the next chapter. Good with dates, huh? Hmm...do I have an idea of where this is going? We shall see. He he. Anyway, excellence as usual and I can't wait till chapter 28 makes it's apperance!
RachelStonebreaker chapter 27 . 4/27/2002
Rosie! Wonderfully done. I loved the bit about “I always said growing things have more sense than some people,” I'm still laughing.

Good visuals in this latest chapter. More so with the combination of the words than with any one or two words in particular; "Frodo blew softly on the page" and "he took a roll of thin twine from his pocket and bit off some short lengths" to name two. I like the descriptiveness of the actions, not too wordy (like mine, LOL!) yet clear.

One thing, though, I've never got gum eraser to take up ink from vellum. I've always had to use a pen knive, scratch it away and then fluff the hard spot with a dab of water on a chamois. Am I being a dolt and not doing it right?

MORE MORE MORE! Me wantssssssss mooooooore, pretty hobbitses lass?
Miss Hobbit chapter 6 . 4/27/2002
Ahh, you updated! Let me just say how much I love Frodo and Sam. I do, I doooo! My two hobbitses. The chapter was lovely as always. :)
Miss Hobbit chapter 27 . 4/15/2002
... where's chapter 27? o.o;
kymm chapter 27 . 4/15/2002
I somehow managed to miss when you updated this three times! Oh well, I suppose that stories just sort of get buried here. I still love this story and I enjoy how you portray the love between Sam and Rosie. Very sweet! ) I also love how you portray how much Sam loves Frodo. So many fics have Frodo lusting over Sam. I just don't think that's how their relationship is. A truly great story!

Namárië,

Katrine
janie chapter 27 . 4/15/2002
ummmm...isn't there supposed to be a chapter here? otherwise...it's a really well-done story
Nilramiel chapter 1 . 4/15/2002
Sorry all about the chapter 27 thing - chapter 27 is not finished yet, but the site will not let me delete the part that is there (the headers and such). I shall try to get it finished asap so I can "replace" with the whole chapter.

By the way, I have two new stories up if you are interested. Check my author page.
MelodySongSinger chapter 27 . 4/15/2002
I started reading this on a whim, I've always wanted to know how other authors see Sam, in most stories he's just passed over in the background unless it's in a slash story. I was only going to read the first chapter but once I had I couldn't stop, this is such a lovely story, I think Prof Tolkien would have been proud if he read this. You have really captured Sam and Rosie and their love...ok nuff' gushing, like I said it is really lovely, one of those stories that makes you go "awwww" at the end of a chapter, please keep writing you are really very good at it.

Only one thing, where is chapter 27? got the title and intro but no story.

Mel :)
Katie Hayes chapter 27 . 4/15/2002
I love it. So many people have taken up the torch to fill in the gaps of the Lord of the Rings tale, and have done a great job doing it. You like a few others have turned the story into a richer, rounder tale. These all needed to be told, I count you as one with the gift of Tolkien.
quicksilver chapter 26 . 4/14/2002
Just read all 26 chapters...Wonderful ! Please carry on soon. I so enjoyed it. QUICKSILVER.
kitzarina chapter 26 . 4/6/2002
Your Kitzi is an evil little hobbitlass...she's sneaking onto the internet while typing up an english paper. }:D These chapters are fantabulous! I can't wait until I can get back online and BETA for you some more, but you seem to be doing splendidly without me! 2 hours until my prom date shows up-woohoo! I'll send ya lots and lots of pix, aighty? Much love and God bless Sooramiel _ ~KiTzArInA~
Catherine chapter 26 . 4/5/2002
Rosie: Just read your latest chapters (24 - 26). I just love these characters! You have brought them so true to life in this story. Your writing style is very, very good. I know it seems I am gushing, but if I did not think highly of your story then I would not say much of anything ;-)
Monterra chapter 25 . 4/5/2002
Horny little hobbits! }:)

Great chapters, please post more soon. :)
Gwenyfar chapter 26 . 4/5/2002