Reviews for Thoughts at Midnight
JackSpicer2311 chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
poor Doctor! *snuggles him somewhat protectively*
Guest chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
That was the best "Midnight" related fic I have read, I loved how you wrote it as if you were in The Doctor's head. I also liked that he lost words (makes sense, but you made it very chilling, nice work!) thanks for a wonderful read!
tenthrose chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
poor Doctor! *snuggles him somewhat protectively*
somebodyknightmerlinalready chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Wow. This is probably the best midnight themed story I've read so far! Great job!
the Twice-ler chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
This. Is. BRILLIANT.

I absolutely love the Doctor's reactions. You stuck to what happens in the episode and yet you gave us some incredible insight into the Doctor's thoughts. I love how you really gave some thought to what happens to him and realized that he was more than likely incoherent in his thoughts. It makes perfect sense and it's so delightfully angsty and horrifying.

The bit at the end that you inserted, pretty much the only thing that really wasn't in the episode, with "the obligatory 'woooh' motion" - that's both funny and sad at the same time and it always makes me smile. Love it.

"Make me… I'm losing it… I'm losing my mind as I sit here… Give it back, please. Please give it back."

"But Rose doesn't. Rose is gone, gone forever, and the next instant I have no idea who this Rose person is."

"My WORDS. For a moment, I'm furious. Absolutely, uncompromisingly livid. Then I abruptly forget what both of the phrases mean, and my white-hot rage fades into the kind of fuzzy, confused alarm that an ant probably feels when a leaf falls in its path."

"I didn't see it, but she pulled Sky over to the door, and... How do I keep getting perfect strangers to kill themselves to protect me? Really brilliant, isn't it? What a spectacular talent I have."

"Anyway, I'm fine. I'm always fine. Fantastic. Brilliant. Have a jelly baby. Woooooh."

The poor thing. I love him. Thank you for being so brilliant and writing this.

Like, alas-we-never-do (col name by the way), the only problem I have is with the misspelling of "molto bene." Other than that, this fic is wonderful and really adds a whole new level of complexity to the already-brilliant episode. Bravo, madam, bravo.
feyathene chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
I really, really like this. This is probably the best "Doctor's take on Midnight" I've ever come across.

. . . and yes, I'm kinda going on a Midnight kick at the mo', so I've read quite a few.

It actually goes through what it might be like for him to be literally losing his voice. Most others still have him perfectly coherent while under the 'goblin's' thrall. I especially liked his reactions to the creature stealing his expressions, his anger seems very in character.

All in all an excellent piece. Well done.
BlueNeutrino chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
I watched this episode again last night and had the urge to read some fanfiction about it afterwards, and I've got to say this is one of the best Midnight-based fics I've come across. Very intense and superbly written.
Commander Ael chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
alasweneverdo chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
In one word: wow.

And now I'll elaborate, I suppose.

I was watching this episode again tonight, and even though I knew what would happen it just tore me up inside. The Doctor always lives in the end, but there's that one moment where you think he might not, when they're pulling him through the aisle and his shoe catches on the seat but you don't dare to hope they'll let him go. It's frightening, and the way you wrote this keeps it just as terrifying and emotional.

I love his insistence that they're smarter than this, that they know better, wanting to think humans are the brilliant things he says we are, when sometimes we're really just... stupid apes. So now he's shaken and he's in denial about everything, and you've just captured it perfectly.

To be honest, I wish I didn't have any criticism for this fic, because it's just gorgeous, but I can't overlook the misspelling of "molto bene." Otherwise, I hope you know that this is just really well-written and I am extremely impressed. You even slipped Rose in there without making her the focus or detracting from the plot! I love it. I absolutely love it. Five stars.
Vilinye chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Wow. That one was incrediably, increadibly scary. And sad at the same time. Especially the ending
CherylSongbow chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Ouch. That was a freaky episode, and you just...yikes. I got a creepy feeling just reading this. Well done.
Sanguine Ink chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Maybe it has been done before, but you blew them all out of the water. Seriously, this is fantastic.
Kathryn Hart chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
THAT WAS AMAZING! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! I am at a loss for words at how well you wrote this. It felt like I was right in the Doctor's mind the entire time. LOVE that tribute to Rose, that was special. Great job! *adds to favs* :D
paper.creations chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Absolutely chilling. I'd forgotten just how creepy that episode was until now.

Thanks for the one-shot, I loved it :)

-Maggie
tigerlily124 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Nicely done! I actually liked this episode - I thought that it was well done. Thanks for the good story!