Reviews for Silence Is Crimson
Renna33 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
forgive me for being a bit dense here...but did Matt die?
GrandpasGuitars chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Well damn. That was wow. I kind of wanted to turn away, but I couldn't. It was so damn powerful, and I'm glad I read it all the way through. Wow.
takers dark lover chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
OMFG! This was a very very dark tail, but you did a wonderful job writing it.

And I must admit you are right Chris would never do this to his Matty. Never. Chris loves his Matty!

You did a great job!
x-cagegrrl-x chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
okay i read this an hour ago and I've only just stopped crying. that was so amazing! it so makes me wanna give them both a cuddle cuz i feel sorry for them both! x
themoviesh0w chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
I really like how you did the abuser/victim dynamics here. In a BDSM relationship, people probably tend to think in the 'This guy's the Master, this guy's the sub' black & white mentality, but here you've really skewed all the lines. Chris is supposed to be the one in control, but he's completely lost it. Matt is supposed to be the one able to stop it all on command, yet he refuses to. Like slashburd said (it shows that your story's interesting when even the REVIEWS are that painstakingly insightful), the safe word-despite being what the story revolves around-is only the straw-man of their relationship. You never mentioning what the word is EXQUISITELY brings attention to its non-importance, despite both of them hinging so much on that word (Chris hearing it, Matt not saying it).

That "Never." that's as true for them as it is for the audience I thought was really ballsy-it's tempting for an author, with ultimate omnipotence and control of their story, to not withhold such information and divulge all secrets.

Even though Chris demands that Matt say the word, who's to say that he'd stop once he actually heard it? Like a drug addict who says: "Tomorrow's the day..."-Chris may have needed Matt not to say that word, because once he heard the word and he still can't stop, he'd have to face the facts that he's become a truly abusive monster.

But, damn, that story was sad. The dialogue was very well-done, despite their being so little of it. And Matt's side of the story won't ever be told ("Never.")... Genius. You impress me more and more with each story you write-I'm dumbfounded with how, each time, you're able to perfectly capture a different emotion or theme. I look forward to what you'll do next.
redsandman99 chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Holy crap! Wow I'm just...I'm speechless right now.
BugzAroc chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Umm...I have no clue what to say other than that broke my heart!

"Thank you, have a nice day, and don't forget the receipt of blood that will never be scrubbed away."

Man, yep still speechless. Wonderful work!
Animal Luvr 4 Life chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Wow...that was interesting. Matt was trying to be strong here, and it's a shame he's a bloody mess at the moment.
slashburd chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
In all honest I don't know where to start with this, so if it's rambly, I apologise now.

Firstly its a genuinely epic piece of writing. If ever there were a twisted work of art then this is it. I'll be honest, I found it genuinely difficult to read. I read it last night and I shouldn't have. I've just read it again and somehow I feel that I shouldn't have, such was the imagery and the sheer pain that is in this piece right from the get go to the bitter and desperate end.

BDSM isn't always sunlight and roses, in truth, it rarely is any anyone who's ever travelled the path will tell you that there are so many dangers, so many chances to get hurt. In honesty situations like the one you've painted are extreme and thankfully rare but they do happen. I think you handled the subject with a great understanding and gave a lot of the background as to how people can become power hungry. Its fair to say most of them start off that way and desire the degree of control Chris has acquired inadvertently but all too often people are too far gone to see it in themselves.

I also think its incredibly interesting how Chris got so desperately hung up on the safeword. For people who aren't into the intricacies of BDSM it looks like its the key. Its the get out of jail free card for not knowing just how much a human can take. And that's the difference. With Matt's pained cries at every vile blow Chris should've known when enough was enough. When someone is at your mercy then your responsibility is as much to their physical being as it is to the soul that craves servitude and/or pain. Matt either wanted to prove a point or was too afraid to say that word, to disappoint his Master. Either way it resulted in the saddest end of all and your writing of it breaks my heart.

Your way of writing Chris' final bitter assault is achingly painful to read. My skin crawled, my hairs stood on end and the part of me that walks that road screamed hard in my head for Chris to stop, to know to stop; I wanted to be able to run in and save Matt from himself and ultimately from Chris. For the second time of reading I'm sat here with more than one or two tears running down my face, in awe of the writing that brings such a scenario to life and become a grotesquely beautiful nightmare. Indeed it was an immense job by an immense writer. Your stories never fail to touch me and affect me even if this one did for all the right 'wrong' reasons.

You are awesomeness 3
Dark Kaneanite chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
*choked up beyond belief* Jeri...oh Jeri. I know I've already said everything over YM. But again, as brutal and dark as this is, it's beautiful in it's own way.

For Chris to get so caught up, it's easy to do. People don't realize that, but just like everything else you need to know your limitations.

*hugs Matticho* Poor, boys. I can't help but wonder what kept Matt from uttering those words, what was it in his mind that made him take it all. The only thing I can think of is that his love of Chris, the love he had for his master.

I love you Jeri, you know this. And I love that you and Christian put this up, not everything is sunlight and roses. *bows to Jeri the superior writer* 3
Esha Napoleon chapter 1 . 3/29/2010