Reviews for Internal Injuries
Raven's Dusk chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Aww... That was sweet... Well, the ending was ;) And so hurt/comfort-y.
Fruityloo chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
This was almost physically painful to read. And that's a good thing, I promise. Not only was thinking about Jack's ordeal, but I also felt it through the Doctor's point of view, which made more painful to think about.
... Anyway.
What I /really/ wanted to mention, aside from the actual story, is how well you got everyone's speech patterns. It really sounded like it was them talking.
Rosawyn chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Oh my gosh, this was beautiful and sweet and stuff at the end. I don't like watching Jack be hurt either, to be perfectly honest, so I sorta want to crawl onto that bed with them all at the end, but I guess there's only room for three. XD

I love Jack's line, "'My best colour is...naked...Well, usually.'" It's so Jack and so fitting. _
deadanddeleted chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
this was written fantastically, especially how Jack carries on kidding even when he's been tortured, very in character. Well done!
Anewlin chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
You did a really good job with this. The way you portrayed the three of them was just perfect. Everyone sounded exactly as they should. I just wish it was longer... Maybe you'd consider going further with it someday?
Indigo1100 chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
This story is EXCELLENT. All of it, from the way you set up the beginning, to the line in italics about the whole compound, to the Doctor noticing the tools, to the 'facade', to Rose not reacting the way the Doctor thought, to her wanting to hold Jack's hand before the Doctor pointed out the broken fingers, and to the end. Really, really brilliant. Thanks!

Oh, and because I can be a bit dense: what was the plan that this was all part of?

Thanks again!
ShadedRogue chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
I loved this. I thought it was beautiful and brilliant, and I especially loved the last line about Jack not being the only one who went through torture. These three together just makes the series for me, I love them.
Otter Child chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Nice job. Very tastefully done, but it sure got the point across. I also really enjoy your internal dialouge that allows the reader to see past the usual Time Lord flippancy. Thanks!
Ne'ith5 chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
"I won't disturb him?" Rose asks hesitantly. "Won't hurt him?"

"Nah. The worst is taken care of. He'll be all the better for having you nearby."

With this assurance, Rose hops up onto the bed and stretches out beside Jack. She drapes one arm over him.

The Doctor positions himself on the other side. The truth is, Jack is so far under from the pain-killers, he won't know his partners are there until he wakes - and that will be many hours from now. That's not the point. It isn't meant to comfort him.

Maybe Jack is the only one of them with bruises on his body, but he's not the only one who suffered through torture today.

So, so true. When a loved one suffers you do as well, and sometime the one needing the most comfort isn't the one that was hurt but the one that have to wait. Great story! Though I'd also like to see what Jack thought about it.