Reviews for What's Real
pesky.lil.critter chapter 2 . 7/6/2012
I'm just waiting for Dean to figure it out and go ballistic on Cas...

Anyway, real sweet. And if this wasn't my phone, the review would be longer.
Ginnylove9990 chapter 2 . 7/6/2012
Great story. And the why you wrote it I believe that Dean does see Sam as a little boy when he is hurt or sick. Awesome job.
Von chapter 2 . 5/13/2012
Hah! I love that. Dean experiences very specific hallucinations throughout his life with very specific triggers. Talk about a psychosomatic reaction to the lifestyle. :D

I also loved how Castiel *wanted* to help and was frustrated by Dean's refusal of his help. That's so rare.
tvj12 chapter 2 . 4/26/2012
I enjoyed this fic. Especially how at the end of chapter one Sam prefers 'his' Dean to the one from Minnesota. This is one of my favorite tags addressing Sam's withdrawal that came at the end of MBV. -tvj12
2gsdip chapter 2 . 4/5/2011
If You Haven't noticed yet your stories are slowly crowding my favorties List...*wiggles finger at screen* Same on You. ;)
spinningroundandround chapter 2 . 12/10/2010
I really loved this, it made me smile.

-K
Cathartes chapter 2 . 7/21/2010
I love the idea that when Dean calls Sam "Sammy," he might be literally seeing the little Sammy he used to take care of . . . although in real life, Sam would probably not want to be seen that way except in his weakest moments. This might be a source of conflict, but I like how you used it here. Makes me tear up to think of the season finale; "I'm right here, Sammy . . ."
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 2 . 7/17/2010
this is wonderful!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 2 . 7/1/2010
Wow! Dean is really confusing

well, that was pretty cool

See you around

Rosetta
TraSan chapter 2 . 6/23/2010
This was absolutely delightful.

Much enjoyed.
Hunnique chapter 2 . 6/19/2010
That's really great, Lady Clair, and it is so true! When you take care of your sick child, he is your CHILD, whatever his size and age.

THanks for this!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 2 . 6/18/2010
LOVE IT!
Meggin Lane chapter 2 . 6/12/2010
You did this beautifully. The way you allowed us, the reader to "ride around" in the guise of Cas's perception and see through Dean's eyes was a great concept.

I understand completely the phenomena of seeing the child there. I have a nephew that I am very close with, he's twenty five now and married, and I told him once, "Tommy, I know you are all grown up but here's the thing, no matter how old you get I will always see your four year old face hovering slightly before your present adult looks. It's like how I will always see you, as that little boy, so if you catch me giving you one of those doting Aunt looks, the one with the silly grin-just know that I'm have a retro you moment and go with it- you'll understand someday when you have kids." (LOL)

So I gotta tell you that you 'nailed' it- that retro Sam feeling- that Dean had while caring for his ailing brother. I loved how you described the pride and affection and infinite patience that Dean was filled with at every step of the way during Sam's recuperation.

And I loved how you described how Sam fell in to accepting those ministrations from his big brother as it was second nature, because it was the dynamic that worked best and showed how much trust and devotion both brothers felt toward each other.

I kept thinking that it would make for an awesome episode to have that wonderful young actor that plays younger Sam (Sorry-I'm bad with names) Have a series of scenes where Dean is caring for Sam you see him interacting with the younger Sammy, then the scene cuts to adult Sam in the same circumstance. Back and forth until the viewer realizes that this is how Dean really sees Sam when ever he's hurt and needs caring for.

Your story really illustrated that so well. I bow to your gift of getting into the boys heads and letting their characters be revealed so clearly.
LuminX chapter 2 . 6/12/2010
What can I say? That was beautiful. You know those boys so well, it seems, and I really like how you bring out the parent-child relationship as well as the brotherly relationship between them.

Describing Dean's motherly feelings towards his brother is so achingly sweet. Sam never knew having a mother, and while his father had some good points, I think we can assume that he never filled the motherly role for either of his boys. Dean was that for Sam. And that's not any small thing. It's an integral part of both of their lives.

I didn't really mean to ramble on about it, but your amazing fic got me thinking about it again, so... :) :)

Anyway, great job.
mousefiction chapter 2 . 6/12/2010
That was really sweet, and it gave me the warm fuzzies.

:) Great job!

Also, I think you are one of the best authors I have read on this site to depict Castiel. He seems (to me) a really challenging character to write, and I think you have him down true to his character. I wish I had that kind of talent.

I'm adding this story to my favorite's list!
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »