Reviews for Gestalt
I love this! I totally love this! The relationship between Garrus and Shepard is just great. Completely different from the others. I'm only sad that Jacob and Samara were killed I thought everyone would've lived after, but it's you story and it still turned out great.
Alexandria McLane chapter 8 . 6/5/2013
I am going to quote you to you...

"She laughed, short and almost hysterical, and then looked to one side, the laugh fading into a sob. Then the sob multiplied and she covered her face with her hands. Her throat tensed as she fought against her tears, her shoulders heaving with her stifled weeping. Garrus swore and stepped toward her, his arms enfolding her and dragging her into his chest.

"It's alright," he whispered into her hair. "You don't have to be Commander Shepard right now."

In that quiet space, in that stolen moment, Garrus Vakarian was the only person in the universe who would ever see Elrika Shepard break."

Those words right there...that is what makes you a writer...no an author! You have a gift, NEVER stop writing.
julie5 chapter 8 . 5/31/2013
you really have a strong grasp of story structure and you use it to pack the most emotional power into each chapter I love it!
julie5 chapter 7 . 5/31/2013
That was beautifully written. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with the fandom.
julie5 chapter 6 . 5/31/2013
wow. Very powerful. That was truly stunning to read.
JadziaVu chapter 10 . 5/29/2013
Beautiful! Your writting flows so sweetly, and the imagry is vivid and highly enjoyable. Splendid work!
White.Demon.Feathers chapter 10 . 5/7/2013
Wow! Just wow!

You paint beautiful worlds with your words. The imagery of this story is simply amazing! You have a fantastic talent, continue to nurture it.

Thank you for creating and sharing this story.
White.Demon.Feathers chapter 6 . 5/6/2013
I have to say, this story is absolutely fantastic! I haven't finished it yet; I was waited to reach the end before I reviewed, but I couldn't wait. You must know how awesome you are, right? 'Cause you are freakin' awesome!
ivanesca chapter 11 . 1/8/2013
I loved this.
sosoconsistent chapter 10 . 10/2/2012
A very satisfying finish! I didn't necessarily need the reconciliation with Miranda (she is still a bitch, even if she isn't a Cerberus bitch), but it doesn't detract from the story. I had lots of giggles with Garrus being so flustered by her NAKEDness.

"He saw lines on her body from his possession of her, from his claws, from his grip, from his fangs, but they were already fading, her accelerated healing treating them like any wound. As Garrus pushed himself to sit, sheets pooling around his waist, he resolved to simply make more." If I hadn't read other stories discussing the violent nature of Turian mating, I would have thought this was a bit over-the-top. It would have been nice to get a better sense of Shepard's own enjoyment of the violence; I would have felt more agreeable to his territoriality.

I felt the ending was a bit abrupt, but it's going knowing you have done a follow-up piece. It's indicative that their life together is only just beginning.

Thank you for this. It was a wonderful and engaging read. Looking forward to going through Ad Infinitum!
sosoconsistent chapter 9 . 10/2/2012
Thane's support role is well done. I like his stance on seeing something beautiful between Shep and Garrus, and his understanding of Garrus needing to go to her. Some of the reaper sequence felt like it was just a reiteration of the tedious battle in the game, but I think you still did a great job adding some urgency and emotional impact to the battle. Wonderful sequences after everyone was back on the Normandy, the elation of the crew and the overwhelming relief of the team members.
sosoconsistent chapter 8 . 10/2/2012
Fascinating interpretation of the goings on at the Cerberus facility. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, even though I knew they would make it out okay. I also loved the physicality between Garrus and Shep, and the confidence he had in pulling her out of her self-pity. Finally, I was so glad to see Shepard have a breakdown. She feels much more human in those moments.
sosoconsistent chapter 7 . 10/2/2012
Love the way you jump back and forth from the collector base to the past. It makes for a very moving and engaging read. You draw some fluid connections between each of the segments, and it makes the order feel right. There are cliffhangers, but I know you aren't neglecting them, that if I have patience, where you're going next is going to enhance my understanding of what is to follow. Every sequence feels like it fits. Very well done!
sosoconsistent chapter 6 . 10/2/2012
Good struggle here between the hate Garrus feels for Sidonis (and himself) and the adoration he has for Shepard. Very moving. I was rooting for Shep the whole time while she was trying to convince him that he didn't need to blame himself for what happened.
sosoconsistent chapter 5 . 10/2/2012
The zombie bits are pure fun. Gotta keep it light out in the field!

I really enjoyed Shepard bitching about how everyone keeps bringing their problems to her, but sometimes it felt more akin to Jack's character. If that's what you're going for, then well done!