Reviews for Son
planet p chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
It wouldn't be easy for Sydney to suddenly find out that he had a child who he'd had nothing to do with his whole life, just as it wouldn't be easy for Nicholas to find out that the man he'd thought was his father, wasn't really, and that this other man was, who had never been in his life. Still, that doesn't make George any less his father, I think; he was still the one who was around.

Does Nicholas think that it mustn't be easy for Sydney, either. Maybe Sydney would have liked to have known him as a child and seen him grow up and would have liked to be a father to him, but he never had that chance.

I don't think it's anyone's fault, really, because sometimes things just happen, and even if Michelle was pushed into it, she wasn't pushed into lying to her child later on, but maybe she thought it was the best, and maybe she didn't so much lie than she did withold some knowledge.

As angry as Nicholas is, wouldn't Sydney also be angry that Michelle had never contacted him to let him know she was okay after she left so suddenly, and maybe, at little, Michelle would be upset that Sydney never tried to find her. I don't know; there are a lot of reasons for a lot of people to be hurt, so even though Nicholas is hurt, and not to downplay that he was a right to feel hurt, he must also realise he's not the only one.

Of course, he would realise this later on, one would imagine, but being suddenly confronted with this person, maybe he thinks Sydney is trying too hard to insinuate himself into their lives now that George has died, and he is also angry about that, and obviously, Sydney had called him 'son,' which he would see as taking too much of a liberty, even though, in the biological sense, it is true.

Would Sydney do that, though, perhaps he would be hesitant; or maybe he'd just want to see Nicholas's reaction, I guess, because if he asked, maybe Nicholas would be even more upset. Still, if he wasn't looking to advertise to everyone this connection, he might just go on calling him by his name, rather than son, because he's still working for the Centre, isn't he, and they're always taking note of everything, it seems, especially if it's something they can use to secure someone's 'loyalty' by devious means.

An interesting take on this, even if it was short.
Jessica chapter 1 . 6/17/2010