Reviews for Comparisons, Illusions and Delusions
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
Excellent account of Lisbon. Thanks for writing it.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
"Believe it or not, this ending is actually happier than the original one"

NOOOOOOO GOD WHAT WERE YOU PLANNING TO DO TO HER HOW COULD YOU CONTEMPLATE GIVING WONDERFUL TERESA A BAD ENDING?!

irresponsible, yes, but not too much so, and definitely not intentionally or knowingly putting Lisbon under duress.
ultra dragon chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
This is just plain depressing.

And sadly does seem to be full of truth. I do wonder why the show doesn't address this problems in the team dynamic (hell season 4 and it's still full of problems).

The story is really good even if melancholic as hell.

Keep up the good work.
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
This one was so sad. Poor Lisbon :(
Avide chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Great job on this story. It's an interesting point of view for Lisbon to have-it made me look at a couple of moments on the show a little differently. The tension and angst are undoubtedly well-written.
blondieland chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
This is such an amazing characther study. I really loved it, beacuse it's always showed more Jane's misery, but Lisbon is just as broken as he is, if not more. And I loved the way you described it all, very original and poetic somehow.

Keep up the amazing job, can't wait to read more :)

-blondieland.
Arcadya chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
This was amazing, I can't actually believe that this ending is 'better' (happier?) than the previous drafty one you must have written.

The insights were awesome and I really liked the moving though Lisbon's past to the present.

I totally get where she's coming from on her messed up team. That ep with Cho sliding back to gang banging was totally 'gah'. Is that a good enough descriptor for how I felt watching it?

And then the whole thing with Rigsby and VP. They didn't even try to help her out any, they were just 'blah... you deal with it'.

Poor Lisbon. Are you going to write a sort of... resolution any? Maybe the team's thoughts on how she's dealing? If they even notice?

I'll be looking out for it, since I've decided you're taking requests now ;)
Triksie chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Wow. Speechless. :)
yaba chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
wow...you are one of the most fearless writers I have ever had the pleasure of reading. The way you leave nothing to the imagination, systematically analyzing and describing everything about Lisbon's character and her perception of those around her is awe inspiring.

I think what touched me most are her views on her team mates and while other writers would perfer to show how her team is on her side, you took the opposite approach and showed the faults in their characters, something I applaud you for. I think the way you developed her relationship with Bosco, especially the part where he tells her to make sure the job doesn't eat her alive was extremely original and exactly something I would picture Bosco doing now that I think about it. It really blew me away. I think the tie to comparisons was also very well thought out and of course Lisbon's thoughts on herself and how she wants to be wrong when it comes to Jane was just wonderful.

The ending was subtle but hopeful and you took the prompt and created something lovely around it. You really are one of the best writers I have ever read on any fanfic board and I hope all you have are more ideas and that writer's block does not grip you ever again :)

Yana
Frogster chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Good job! Love all of Lisbon's backstory. You did a great job. I don't know how you can make up those cases and have them be plausible and intricate, but I'm sure glad someone does.

Liked Jane's comparing her to a coconut. I would have thrown one at his head. :D

Write more soon!
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Love the comparisons throughout this. And I can see how this one got so long, going through flashbacks of the beginnings is never a short rout. But it's always interesting.

Love love love the initial meeting with Jane and the initial thoughts she has about her team. Your thesis from beginning to end flowed perfectly through this - who Lisbon wants to be, who she tries to be and who she ends up being.

And you managed to make Jane everything we've been talking about, but marginally less hated. Oy, that's depressing. But true. Okay, I'll be optimistic about Jane's motives, because I love your dealing with him throughout this. Spot on with his voice too, btw.

And can I tell you that you made me miss Bosco with a horrible gut-wrenching ache? Seriously. Makes me want to go back and watch HRRH.

And thank you for pulling no punches with the idiocy of Rigsby and Van Pelt and the un-awesome of Cho. It may not be the popular route, but by God, it's the truth. Oo, you've made me want to tinker with a Mentalist oneshot now! Arg!

Lisbon is most definitely a husk, one that'll crack into pieces very soon, I'm afraid. Let's paint her shell with lacquer and hope that she finds her fire again.

So much love for this. Really really.
dogeatdog chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
wow, that was so depressing. But it's so realistically and thoughtfully written I actually truly believe it. And this is the HAPPIER ending?

Beautifully done
chocolateymenta chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
You. Are. Awesome.

I mean it. This is one of the most wonderful TM fics I've ever read. I think I've just fallen in love with the show and its characters all over again!

Also, I love how you pictured Lisbon - her thoughts, her past... so worth reading, really.

Keep writing! :) I can assure you this made my day.
meAlie chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Wow, I don't want to know what the original ending looked like. This one left me pretty depressed :( Especially since you made Cho becoming disloyal, pretty convincing argumentation, but still, until now I always saw him as standing behin Lisbon... and Lisbons dissapointment in him made me quite sad, Jane didn't get away to badly... I can see a happy end for them while eating those raspberries and having a fluffy conversation in her office, could you make that happen?

*grin* sorry, didn't plan to beg...

Lie

(thanks also for the kind review to my fanfic, I actually got the alert and read it, in the middle of reading your story :) )
Iloveplotbunnies chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
*gasp* Can I just say how amazing this is? I absolutely loved it, and it pulled at my heart-especially the end-lines: "After all, what more could she possibly have to lose?" Absolutely brilliant! :)