Reviews for Like a Lady
takeaction/488/894/846/
Please sign this petition. Malaysia is banning and we need your help.
Every vote counts. Thank you! _
PandaPuppet chapter 10 . 10/15
I love this story so much. The way you write is elegant, and yet easily hilarious - since it matches Rima's inner voice so well. The tension is very real right now. Time is pressing, and pressing... And so is the war. Mentions of Hiroshima make me nervous everytime.

I'm so glad that we got to learn more about Rima. I love Rima, especially the way you write her, and wow she's got such an interesting past! The way things wrapped up when she explained it all blew my mind. It explains so many earlier mysterious. I feel like Nagihiko and her have reached another level in their friendship. When she was making the comment about how her being mixed race allowed his mother to let her room with him, my mouth literally opened in shock. It wasn't all that surprising, really, but the way Rima revealed it and the way it all came together was really amazing.

When Rima made that comment about mistresses I nearly started screaming. I love her so much. I sincerely hope for a happy ending aaaaahhh... I know if that's going to happen though, there's a lot that needs to be done.

I've also noticed that slowly, they're starting to see each other in a way that is more mindful of their gender and the possibilities. I feel like it's going to be a little difficult for these two to not appear closer when they go back to school.

Thank you so much for updating. I know you're probably busy, and have a life of your own, and I'm sure all the readers really appreciate your dedication to this story.
NOOOOO chapter 10 . 9/20
EVERY TIME I CHECK YOUR PROFILE FOR UPDATES IT'S PUSHED BACK ADHFLKJNDSANO:WKLS NOOOOOO
Choco chapter 10 . 9/2
I checked in to catch up/reread this and I'm so happy you're scheduled to post another chapter in a few days 3

I'm really enjoying how the two of them are becoming more aware of each other as the opposite sex and like, did I mention this before? but I love how the words you/Rima uses to describe Nagihiko change depending on what gender role he matches more closely to ("broad hands" from one of the previous chapters in particular sticks with me).

Also I'm sooo hyped that we learned about Rima's family situation as not just an heiress but a bastard child and that it's slid into context with the very setup of the story. It puts so much more depth into her character (not saying that she didn't have depth before-but now I can appreciate parts of her personality/beliefs more!).
I'm like, seriously appreciative of how just this one detail sets up a ton of obstacles in the future-it gives credit to the fortune teller's predictions (and thus gives credit to Nagi dying overseas in his twenties? I call bullshit, it's probably his life as Nadeshiko that dies... it's gotta be that... not like he'll be drafted into the army right... there's a war heating up, shiiiiit) and also firmly places both of their mothers in the "do not approve" category if they get around to discussing marriage.

Putting their relationship progression aside though, the whole business about miai also wakes them up to their duties as people who will no longer be children and introduces the possibility of a tone shift? Suddenly Rima is more aware of her role in the family businesses, and what seemed like irrelevant overseas trends have now lifted off the fronts of newspapers to smack her in the face with the prospect of moving away. It'll probably fade into the background when she goes back to school but maybe it won't, I dunno what I'm talking about lol

I'm really looking forward to future chapters (more marriage politics? people maturing? impacts of war, business trends, etc.?)

Asides:
I can't believe Emi was Kusukusu all along, even though it isn't the hardest thing to guess lol
A first I thought Nagihiko was casually asking for Rima's bride-price like "demand your price (and I'll pay it)," but then he brought up how Nobuki had correctly stated that she had one. Which makes a lot more sense lol
In the scene where the two of them talked about debt, I got confused when Rima asked how to repay her debt to Nagihiko because the previous dialogues were all about Nagihiko's debt to Rima, and only her thoughts detailed his gestures of kindness to her. If that makes sense. nbd cuz I understood it in the end, but since you mentioned having left some warts in it...

pls excuse me while I spend a good part of this weekend rereading from the very beginning heheh
hueri chapter 10 . 8/11
THANK youuu! My favorite line among the throng of other flashy Rima thoughts is; 'like a monkey trying to pretend it knew how to eat.' (Could Nagihiko have interpreted that wrong /wink wink. Bride price, huh? I still have this little hope that there would be romance between our little friends.)
lacomtessa chapter 10 . 8/7
Could it be... feelings? It's hard to express how much I love this story; the subtlety is delicious. But I really don't want Nagihiko to die!
I thought Rima was in her early teens so I'm glad that was cleared up in this chapter. The threat of marriage feels much more pressing knowing her age.
yessss it made me so happy when i saw that you updated... i'm living for these nadeshiko moments
I loved it Please right more soon!
skdlsfslfj chapter 9 . 7/31
This is me staring laser eyed at the 'Late July' projected update and wondering when you will update! I'm checking your tumblr regularly for updateslmdknsljvndk I'm just so willing to grow up with this fanfiction? IT MAY TAKE YOU 100 YEARS AND SHUGO CHARA MAY BE TUCKED AWAY INTO THE DEPTHS OF ANIME CULTURE BUT I'LL ALWAYS WAIT FOR AN UPDATE AHAHAH

Stay strong :)
Flash chapter 9 . 4/29
Wow, this story is just too awesome! I love how you use the background/one episode characters and how subtle most things are. I'll definitely be on the lookout for when you update!
KawaiiGirl1215 chapter 1 . 4/16
Let me just say that this is the best Rimahiko story I've ever read in my life. Truth is, I read it first on AO3 but I don't have an account, so I couldn't comment. It was so pretty on there, how the background was tan and then font was so pretty. I love this fic so much! In fact, it inspired me to write my own Rimahiko fic. And since last time you updated was in January, 4 months later is coming up in May! I know you said you wouldn't forget about this story, and I really hope you don't. I'll be waiting for the updates, even if it takes YEARS!
Thanks so much for writing this, honestly. I can't believe you still have time to write fanfics... you're what, 22? (I'm guessing from your Rima Can't Spell story). Anywho, I hope you have a nice life and a nice day!
-KawaiiGirl1215
Yannami chapter 8 . 3/6
(For chapter 9)

Hi, Kimi! It's been long! So...sooooooo long. And I just wanted to say that I am EXTREMELY happy you updated! It's a wonderful chapter – just as expected. And you never fail to make the thirteen year-old in me jump, making me feel all giddy inside – just as expected.

My god, Rima really does have the boys wrapped around her tiny little finger, doesn't she? She's even got Nagihiko (even if he doesn't want to admit it), with her snarky little jokes and clever little brain. I miss reading about Rimahiko. I also miss typing "Rimahiko." Huhuhu thank you
blessed chapter 9 . 2/20
so blessed. so moved. so grateful. cant believe this is my life. never going to take it for granted. always going to give back. thank you
Amber chapter 9 . 1/30
That was great! I really did like it, but just so you don't get mad at me if I come to your house later to frighten you, DO NOT kill Nagihiko before he's twenty. Wait, I just realized while typing this that the fortune teller had been talking to Nadeshiko not Nagihiko, so that might mean that nagihiko will finally stop having to pretend he's a girl before he's twenty, which is quite sad 'cause that's a long time away. By the way how old are they? I know it's mentioned somewhere but I forgot and I'm too lazy to look for it. And one simple request, could you please show some more interactions between the other characters? It can be small scenes at the end or beggining of a chapter, or you could include somewhere inside the chapter, I don't know, and that's only if you can, I wouldn't want to bother you. But remember we all still want to keep the interactions between Rima and Nagi
Wenchi chapter 9 . 1/30
OMG YES NEW CHAPTER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHASFDSGHFDAGHFASKGHFKASJH
Ok I will now proceed to read the chapter, and expect another review after I do. 3