Reviews for The House That Jack Built
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 11 . 8/8/2011
Ah it's good to see a new chapter from you :) I was beginning to wonder what had happened to this story.

I've done some more reading on SH since the last chapter, and correct me if I'm wrong (or if I've simply forgotten) but was that not Pyramid Head chasing Olivia in the opening to this chapter? When I read the opening and thought it was PH, my first thoughts were:

3. AH&% & *%*AHHHH&*%*%

Anyways... HOW THE HECK DID THAT BUG GET IN HER SHOULDER! That was creepy and nasty and... *cringes* man SH is becoming more and more unpleasant by the second.

So the nurses listen to Walter eh? That's a very interestin dynamic that you've developed there, since they recognise him as a person of authority with their profession (:/) they listen to him (luckily for Olivia.)

I find it interesting that Olivia could hear Peter when she felt the tearing in her shoulder, I presume that was also the moment that the universes shifted (good thing too.)

Thanks for another thrilling chapter and please update soon so the Fringe crew can get out of Silent Hill!

Uroboros75 chapter 11 . 8/8/2011
My, my, what an innovative twist. ;)

I wonder what other tricks you have up your sleeve concerning the rules of SH as it applies to the Fringe team.

Will we meeting SH bosses near the endgame? Perhaps a meeting with God is in Order...(hooray for lame puns! 8D)

I'm pumped for the continuation of this tale.
pendras cornielius chapter 11 . 8/8/2011
even in dire situations, Walter is still pervy :P
AWarriorsWounds chapter 11 . 8/8/2011
I'm too lazy to log in. Thank you so much for updating! Oh my God, Walter operating on Olivia? With nurses? I expected something to go horribly wrong with that combination. I offer my sincerest gratitude for this chapter. :D
LoyalistEternal chapter 11 . 8/8/2011

How could you possibly meld these two worlds together so seamlessly? "Walter and the Nurses" needs to be its own series. A round of applause for you!
Uroboros75 chapter 10 . 8/6/2011
To have two have my favourite fictions melded into a singular experience is totally awesome. 8D

This is an interesting tale. The pace is nicely drawn out, reflecting the gradual descent into Silent Hill-dom that characterizes the journey of SH protagonists.

My only "complaint" is not so much a complaint, but something that I think would send your story to the next level. I see you're using Homecoming monsters, which is nice, but as I'm sure you are aware, the monsters of SH are manifestations of one's fear and secrets and memories.

With this in mind, it would be very cool if we started having monsters that represented elements of Olivia/Peter/Walter's psyche (like a monster based on Olivia's memories of her stepdad, for example).

Just a little suggestion, which you are free to take or dismiss at your discretion. I am enjoying this crossover, and will be sure to follow it as it unfolds.

Nice work, Faust. ;)
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 10 . 6/27/2011
Excellent, another chapter and more suspenseful hijinks ;D

I really liked the suspense of the bridge scene, creepy townmysterious creaturesbridge NEVER A GOOD SIGN. :P When you mentionned the old truck I thought oh no, now that is definitely not a good sign, and turns out it wasn't.

The hospital scene was particularly creepy, especially those nurses... *shudders* it's like th Joker dressed up in that nurse's outfit in 'The Dark Knight' only ten times worse.

I really like how you're slowly fleshing out the story behind 'Silent Hill' as I'm not very familiar with it and I'm very curious as to how a violent fire resulted in these freakish creatures roaming the town.

But now Olivia is all alone eh? That is definitely not good, it's too bad they don't carry flamethrowers in Silent Hill, as I'm sure that would come in handy.

Nice job and update soon, we need to get our Fringe team back together.

sorry, i meant 9 to 11
just a reader chapter 10 . 6/27/2011
Just read the whole thing and... They was awesome! I'm really getting the silent hill feel and i'm loving Walter's bits. Can't wait for the next chapter!

BTW, have i missed a chapter? it skips from 9 to 11
just a reader chapter 10 . 6/27/2011

BTW, have i missed a chapter? it skips from 9 to 10.
pendras cornielius chapter 10 . 6/26/2011
i keep forgetting about this story until it randomly pops into my inbox then i squee and come read it XD
LoyalistEternal chapter 10 . 6/26/2011
Omgoodness, the nurses!

If there was ever a true SH crossover, this is it. All other fics shall kneel before this one!

Walter's dialogue is beyond impressive-it truly sounds as though he's talking, and not just what a fanficcer thinks he would say. Olivia is, as always, in control of nothing and yet still so composed.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 9 . 6/26/2011
Ok, so I just read this entire thing earlier today, and I have to leave a review, you can't leave us hanging there! D: They have to find Peter and get out of that town!

I love this story, it's delightfully ominous (the movements on the lake, the fog, the streets disappearing etc.) and the creatures themselves are beyond creepy (I'm not incrediably familiar with Silent Hill, but still those creatures are fricken creepy)

I LOVED your metaphor of the sheet test in this last chapter, that's very realistic and a great metaphor for how Walter is interpreting this (Loved how Walter thought it was a dream after a while, that was cool)

Anyways, please, please continue this; Olivia and Walter have to find Peter and get out of Silent Hill!

pendras cornielius chapter 9 . 4/2/2011
AH :3
AWarriorsWounds chapter 3 . 2/19/2011
Keep writing; you're super good at it! :) I love this fanfiction!

This is so going on my favorites. Fringe horror rocks. xD