Reviews for These Ashen Men
lost0and0found chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
That's some powerful writing. Every single word suited them. The emotions are so correct and so them! Thank you for sharing this! Thumbs up:)
Susanna chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
It's people like you that break my heart with what they write, and can make you feel the hearbreak the characters that you're writing about feel: yeah everyone knows the story of Freddie and Effy and Cook, and how Freddie was murdered because he loved Effy, and she never really chose, but you make it something different, and not better than the original because that never really ended, but you add to it in a way that other fics I've read don't, and some of the things you wrote will probably give me nightmares too. But thats okay, because I had them anyway, as the lead up to Freddie's death is kind of what happened to me. Reading fics helps me identify with what I'm feeling, which is difficult for me and I know its stupid, I sound stupid, but I want to thank you for writing this, you're an excellent writer and I think that you should go into screen writing or something, because its wasted talent.
MaeMay chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
"Anywhere. Everywhere that Freddie never got to go. The moon. Let's go to the moon."

"It'll be cold."

"We'll take blankets and body heat."

Effy smiled, then looked back across the pond, and the ripples that came rolling towards her. "The bottom of the ocean."

"Atlantis?"

"Yeah. And then a castle in the sky."

Beautiful. So realistic that I could honestly see this written in as an epi if Skins didn't like to torture us with viewer interpreted endings.

Just lovely.
Giovanna.F chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
The best fan fic i have ever read! It made me cry so much, i hope your planning on bein an author!

Sequel? PLEASE!
Frankie.Poynter chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
You are truly an amazin writer! Please please continue this!
Lolavie chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
This was so beautiful I could cry. You're a truly gifted writer.
LauraZabini chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
Beautiful story! Simply beautiful ... it made me cry. Though it was a perfect moment to stop, I have to tell you to write more! About their journey, maybe how they fall in love. But if you do, then don't make the mistake of letting Effy forget about Freddie so fast. I'm convinced that it'd be a great sequel or a few more, great chapters. Great work, keep it up!
xCocaineCharliex chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Ok so as you already know someone has stolen your story and reposted it!

I commented on it, because I thought it was theirs, but now I know the truth I couldn't be more disgusted! If anyone stole my storys, man I would be pissed off, so please accept that comment as yours, as you are obviously the person who truley deserved to hear what I said!

This story is sad, beautiful and so detailed! Even the little things like the gum under the bench etc, made it so perfect!

Your obviously a very talented person, who I'm jealous off, and although the status is 'completed', I urge you to write about their travels...that would be good ] x
forbrighterdays chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Oh god! That was absolutely gorgeous. All of it was just... guh, no words.

I loved this exchange:

"So, what, are you engaged to him now?"

"I guess."

I don't even know, there was just something about it, the fact that it was so simply put, that made me cry. Oh Effy 3 Just not fair. :(
maxiana-x chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
This was absolutely brilliant. It was so in-character and so believably Skins. You hit all the right notes. I laughed and I cried. I wish this had been the way they ended it. Amazing.
Narchi chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
wow this just made my day. AMAZING. You totally captured the characters perfectly. Thanks for taking the time to write it
Lechu chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
So touching! *
shannon chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
damn girl. this was so good! i've been trying to write a fanfic dealing with post finale stuff but its so flipping hard to get into that incredibly depressing headspace of effy for long but you nailed it.
swishhh chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
That was honestly awesome. I haven't bothered to review anything in a while, because I'm a bad person, but I figured I had to review this, because...yeah...'honestly awesome' and all that. Very IC, which I found pleasantly surprising and lur-HURVELY writing style, btw. Really poignant, but not OVERLY so, which can just get annoying as hell. It even made me laugh a bit: "there's a boy on our couch who isn't wearing any clothes". Nice resolution to the nasty cliffhanger.
lexopedia chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
This was cute. I liked it. Reminded me a bit of New Moon with Freddie saying 'Lie' to Effy about Foster, but still cute.