Reviews for The Avalanche Has Already Started
Gerald the Puppet chapter 30 . 5/13/2013
Okay, I'm stopping reading because a review is long overdue. Damn, this story is incredible - I was up too late last night reading, and work got decidedly less of my attention today than it deserved.

Where to start.. I'm sorry you got so much hate over the rooftop scene. (Still haven't read the other reviews, just going off your A/Ns.) Those tossers clearly don't know good writing. You DID include plenty of foreshadowing, about everything, and it's a shame they missed it. (Poor reading comprehension? I blame the schools...) Your writing is quite good, your plotting and pacing are superb, and I'm not sure why you keep lying to us (yourself?) with those disclaimers protesting otherwise.

There's so much to love in this story,I don't think you need a laundry list. I've already commented on how well you work in even the tiniest pieces of canon, yeah? Because it's incredibly well done. Oh,I love how you're handling the Keffy, and especially Naomi 's reactions here. Because, well,I think it's a plausible ship but certainly a bit of a stretch, and you do have them admit that here. Naomi is agog, and rightfully so, but her calling Katie "lezzer"?

Finally,I love what you have Naomi (and Emily!) doing with music. I don't know all those songs, but I think I want to... Do you have the full list written down anywhere? and, like Emily,I will never hear "Dog Days"the same way again... Great scene.
Gerald the Puppet chapter 18 . 5/12/2013
Wow, brilliant chapter. Seriously, you'd think she'd know her twins apart by now! (I'd swear she even claimed she did...) Much of that was painful to read, but it was nice to see them, individually, working through how they felt. Naomi had to remind herself, and Emily had to realize what she'd done...

Loved the headbutt, loved the Blues Brothers reference.
Gerald the Puppet chapter 16 . 5/12/2013
Loved the dinner scene, with the "oils" (of course)... and the salad!

You made an early mention of them having sex in every room in the house, and I wondered if that was a shout out to the Skins novel... was glad to see that confirmed by the subsequent references to Venice.

This chapter was great (I think your Katie is getting better), until the end... I was hoping for a laugh over the misunderstanding, not this!
Gerald the Puppet chapter 15 . 5/12/2013
Just to check (and maybe I should be reading the other reviews here), is "the 'A' word" 'angst'?

So, I didn't see the source of Naomi's jealousy (thinking Emily shared a bed with Effy) coming, though that was foreshadowed well enough... but I feel like there's a bigger reveal in store, too, as I've sensed other foreshadowing (like the Keffy from way back, fine job there)...
Gerald the Puppet chapter 8 . 5/11/2013
Wow, this is amazing, simply perfect. Seriously, I'm too wrapped up in the story to remember to stop and review.

You apologized a few chapters back for writing long chapters and for fleshing out what the characters are thinking and feeling, and you apologized here for using the lake. I don't understand either - both of those seem exactly right to me!

I loved the Hamlet in this chapter, and I'm glad the girls are talking to each other. I love that, as Effy said, Naomi finally came out and acknowledged how she feels about Emily. I like her perceptiveness, and I like that they're both working at this. And I enjoy their banter.
Gerald the Puppet chapter 4 . 5/10/2013
These girls are too cute for their own good! (My good. Something like that.) Of course Naomi remembers the Lily Allen - and has it as Emily's ringtone! - but I love that Emily remembers their FIRST first kiss.

Poor KFF. I half expected this chapter to end with Katie moving in with them...
xMotherfuckerJones chapter 36 . 5/3/2013
So I read this entire story in 3 days.
You are by far one of my favourite authors here.
You write with such realism and its amazing.
A few negative comments tho; only want to be a good reviewer. You kind of dragged the story on and on, as much as I love how long you make the chapters. You just kind of dragged the story a bit. a teensy bit.
But I disgress, I loved the story no matter what.
Who knew you shipped Keffy? haha.
You actually made me absolutely love that pairing.
Anyway, I read the Close Protection story and I was expecting car chases and more explosions in this, not a simple jealousy story. haha. But, I'm not disappointed.
RosesAndSkulls chapter 36 . 4/6/2013
Fiiinally finished this. Though it really didn't take me that long.
I was so mindblown from 'Dragons' I of course had to read this as well and you didn't disappoint at all.
Loved the story, loved your writing and loved the ending. Thanks for writing!
Ahhhmagahd chapter 35 . 1/15/2013
Ahhhhhmagahd it's such a perfect ending...aahhhhhhhhmagaaaaahd 3
Mynameisnancy - deceased chapter 27 . 10/11/2012
This story is making me giddy! I veer from despair to hope, hopeless goofy happiness and fuzzy stuff to dark pessimism. I don't know what or who your own dragons are, but they are certainly closely related to mine...
Mynameisnancy - deceased chapter 3 . 10/10/2012
Frankly, I think your smut is spot on, so don't be too modest. I crossed my legs several times, especially when you described the 'come hither' finger... Oh God, do I like that little detail! Loving rereading this superior prose...
Mynameisnancy - deceased chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
So much fun reading this...
gumyumgirl chapter 19 . 10/6/2012
Jesus this story is so frustrating!
WhenAnxietyKicksIn chapter 15 . 3/8/2012
Just to let everyone know, I'm a well known dragon slayer in my head. Pretty efficient too from what my other personalities have stated. Would be willingly help slaughter some bugger of a dragon for Naomily and perhaps even for Katie and Effy (how do you say their team? Keffy? lol no idea) for free. Then again, where's the fun in that?
WhenAnxietyKicksIn chapter 12 . 3/8/2012
I kind of see it coming nevertheless I was very excited...then you it to us... Hehe Was utterly entertain. Would have preferred they talk about the kiss more and sort it out but that's for another chapter I guess seeing Fred's body came up. Meh. Never liked him. Cook is better, imho.