Reviews for HJG: The Smartest Witch of Her Age?
Millie072 chapter 1 . 7/24
Hopefully you wrote a sequel, examining whether Hermione continued to go her own way. Although in a genuine interview, she would be given a chance to answer or explain some of the situations simply to prove she had the ability to adapt. What's written down is not always right in context. Of course Hermione never learned that lesson.
black.pingy chapter 1 . 7/13
Loved it, would love a chapter about Harry's and Ron's reaction!
ba777sty chapter 1 . 6/22
The original character is a hypocritical bastard!
Where were these "highly skilled problem solvers" when young children battled Basilisk, Dementors, Death Eaters and the Dark Lord right on the grounds of "the safest school"? Where were they when the teenagers searched for and destroyed the Horcruxes? Why didn't it occur to any of the "qualified adults" that the Granger family needed protection? I don’t believe that Hermione didn’t try to first ask for protection for her family from "highly qualified adults." Obliviate is more like an act of despair.
High standards, my ass! I would rather believe that under the guise of the unspeakable is a pure-blooded Nazi who hates Granger for her part in destroying his dear Dark Lord.
This fanfic reminds me of the saying: "Noah's Ark was built by amateur, and the Titanic was built by professionals." Only the one who does nothing is not mistaken. And somehow I doubt that the unspeakable in the Potterians do anything useful (judging by the plot)). However, it is easy to blame a child for not being effective enough to solve problems that adults have failed to cope with. ((
vcs123 chapter 1 . 6/19
lol
draconixspirit13 chapter 1 . 6/5
She got BURNED!
zena23467 chapter 1 . 4/25
this is epic! hermione deserves this and many more. that bloody git decided she would nag harry into everything nd when it fails, blame it on him! BITCH
KaijuSentai chapter 1 . 3/19
I gotta call BS on one regard: Hermione wouldn't have stayed silent during the entire litany of her faults. At some point, she would have lost control and shouted at Worth to give her a moment to explain herself.
Don Flo chapter 1 . 2/24
God this feels good to read.
Cyril Kain chapter 1 . 2/20
So stealing the Time Turner test. I got a few Smart!Harry stories, and a few Devious!Harry stories, where that has potential
Marinara the Sauce chapter 1 . 1/30
Oh my gosh... well, you didn't mince your words. I always found Hermione kind of annoying and didn't understand why everyone hero-worshipped her, but I tried to get over it and like her too. I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one who 1) can see Hermione's flaws and 2) found Hermione not using the Time Turner more kind of disappointing. Interesting read!
PiBrain chapter 1 . 1/26
Honestly, I see what the author was trying to do, but it's one of the poorest attempts at it I've seen. Hermione has a lot of bad qualities, and yet they still twisted accomplishments into critiques when they didn't need to. Also, the idea of putting it into a job interview scenario was poorly thought out, nobody would waste time with a one-sided interview, they'd just send a letter saying that they hadn't made the cut.

I was really excited when I read the description hoping it would raise some new points, but this fanfic was a massive and utterly uninspired disappointment.
Publiclee Speaking chapter 1 . 1/14
A very interesting take on Hermione, one that steps away from the love Rowling lavished on her, and looks at her in a less than optimal light. Not objective, no, but not nearly as bad as it could easily have been. The question of how they know all this could be explained just with 'Unspeakable', but it's also likely that the others they interviewed about her also filled things out.

It's interesting to note that most of the negative reviews are full of sound and fury, but signify only their whining displeasure, bereft of facts. 'An employer would never act that way!' they cry, as if this was an interview for a filing clerk position. 'This story is horrible!' they declare, without every saying why. 'I'm going to make up my own ideas that aren't rooted in canon on why the things you came up with (like bluebells denoting elemental affinity, or the existence of a product meaning there isn't a spell that does the same thing (despite canonical examples like Gillyweed and the Bubblehead Charm)) ignores the canon just to be mean, missing the point of the short story is to highlight her lack of creativity (which is outright explicitly stated at the end) with my counter-arguments, because I like the character you're not being nice to!' Etc.

In short, Hermione's original character was good, but, as the books progressed, she got increasingly. . . not exactly dumber, but more limited. It became obvious that Rowling wasn't going 'how would these characters act', she was going 'here's what I want to happen', and making the characters fit, even if it made them act in ways that created VERY unfortanate implications (Ron only being with Harry for his fame and quitting when things got tough, Dumbledore being an idiot with a Savior complex, and this story shows Hermione's major failings). If you look at it without nostalgia goggles, the degradation of Hermione and Ron's characters is clear as time progressed, while Harry, well, he didn't have that much of a character to begin with, culminating in the complete sh*t-show that was books 6 & 7, where basic planning went out the window for the sake of drama.

Ultimately, my review: Good little one-shot!
Latarra chapter 1 . 1/5
An interesting take on things.
TheMostPeculiarSerb1995 chapter 1 . 12/25/2020
This is excellent! I see that you have a couple of bitches bitching about how you dislike a "strong female character". Their bitching is quite unfounded, in my very humble opinion.
Authorforeverything chapter 1 . 12/18/2020
This is so bloody great and so true