Reviews for The Wandering Years: Alaska
Kyone chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
How cool! I think you did a very good job with all the translations!
FeistyDreams chapter 1 . 2/9/2002
OoO...history lesson mixed in with good story ::slips Susan's story into her World Civ. teacher's lesson plans, whistling innocently::Maybe that class'll be more fun now! ::World Civ. teacher stares at the paper thinking 'What the hell' and points at Cryssie::"You!" Ee...maybe not...::sweatdrops::...oh well...It was worth a try...but then...I guess since this doesn't have much to do with Middle Ages Europe the difference is easy to see, ne?...::sighs::Oh well...I'll just read this and impress my teachers next year by the way: I love it! I want more!...erm...right...ok...before I make a bigger fool of myself, bye-bye
Mara-Amber chapter 1 . 2/5/2002
Sorry, I MUST comment on this story. It is wonderful.

This belongs not to the story, never mind:

When I was younger I read a book written by a teacher who was sent to a small village in Alaska. She arrived about 1880 in this village and was looking down on the people there. but with the time she fall in love with the way of life, the people. She tried to help them to get back their land, you can imagine what happened. I loved this book.

It wonderful to read a fic about this time in Alaska with Sano in it, written with your heart. Please continue. It is a great idea (I think).
M.Kasshoku chapter 1 . 2/4/2002
You have written a sweet beginning to this wonderful idea. Daniel's character has so much depth, he is a great father figure for Sano. Daniel also reminds me of the few wise old men in my life who have a wealth of knowledge from their hardships in life, and find happiness in sharing those experiences with the younger generations. This story is very special. I thank you so much for writing it, and sharing it. Please continue it!
J. Liha chapter 1 . 2/4/2002
*grins* Oi Susan-san! It's about time you posted this story! It's got a nice start, my Sano-sama is so sweet! Anyway, I like how you portray Sanosuke in this fic! And I'm dying for the next chapter!
aka Arashi chapter 1 . 2/4/2002
Oh wow Susan. Now that's what I'm talking about! I love how you've taken Sano and put him in a situation and a place that you can be passionate about. I'll be eagerly awaiting your next chapter. I never even thought about Sano in Alaska! Poor guy is going to get cold! :) So is Sano speaking English? It's kind of tricky to play around with the language issue isn't it? Well you're doing great, keep it up!
Gypsy-chan chapter 1 . 2/4/2002
Hey Susan this was great! Using Sano for this story is perfect. No one really knows what he did during his wandering years. I'm glad that you are putting things in there about Alaska. I really don't know much about Alaska. This is not going to be a nice fic about Sano's adventures but also a learning lesson for me. Can't wait to read the next chapter. :) P.S. I really like your writing style.
Zosocrowe chapter 1 . 2/4/2002
Oh wow! I totally loved this! How very creative and original. I never thought about Sano going to Alaska! I can't wait to see where this is going! Very well written! Hurry with the next chapter...hee hee!