Reviews for A Piece of Cake Redux
nothingnothingtralala chapter 4 . 11/17/2013
Ohhh he gave her cake! THAT IS ADORABLE! And so hilarious! Ahh!
nothingnothingtralala chapter 3 . 11/17/2013
I know I should be reviewing the (amazing) kiss but all I can think of is how much I love you for using the word 'twerp'. Properly made me smile!
nothingnothingtralala chapter 2 . 11/17/2013
"It was like the birth of Christ, but creepy and annoying" - giggle!
Love the idea of goblins just being a part of her life. And also, of them being anything but camera shy - brilliant!
Guest chapter 4 . 11/9/2013
Cute and cheeky! I like it. :)
Honoria Granger chapter 4 . 4/17/2013
Nice. Wish there were more, though.
Honoria Granger chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
"Hon", not "hun." Unless you're talking about Attila.
Silvanesti chapter 4 . 10/23/2011
A really good story. I like it when a writer doesn't rush into things and let a story develop slowly. True, it has a very open ending and I am hoping that you've written a follow up. But all in all a good plot, nice language and good descriptions of characters and settings.
cu-kid chapter 4 . 7/22/2011
The ending wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it was still wonderfully delightful. It feels like a snapshot of their first encounter after Labyrinth, and the open ending only leaves the possibility for more (which, of course, I would love to read if you ever decide to re-visit this idea!).

I loved the cake as the forbidden apple-and I loved that Sarah ate it and enjoyed it, lol. "It was delicious in an arrogant way," is probably the best description in this whole story because it totally sums up Jareth.

Another fantastic read!
cu-kid chapter 3 . 7/22/2011
Agh! Really? You left this chapter THERE? :)

Holy smokes that was great! I'm not even really sure I can remember what I like because I think my brain may have melted. Oh-I liked the flash of anger from Jareth when Sarah says he's disgusting; that bit of description was really nice, the heat of the emotion melting his cold facade-lovely. In fact, the descriptions of him, in general, in this chapter are wonderful; more real than the air, sin bleeding from him (those were spectacular!). And I like the teasing build up to the actual kiss, and the idea that he was holding out on her.

Freakin' awesome cliffy, too. Lucky for me there's another one :)
cu-kid chapter 2 . 7/22/2011
Gosh...just...GOSH! The beginning of this chapter is so wonderfully lush with description! Not in a way that is distracting, but in a way that makes it all feel so very REAL. Some of the passages I had to stop and re-read, just for the sheer pleasure of them.

Ha! The sign blowing away so it just said "Underground" was brilliant. And, oh dear! Sarah is within the tunnels again? And an impending meeting with the, perhaps slightly rakish, Goblin King? Fantastic :)
cu-kid chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Okay, so I don't want you to think that I'm in any way trying to be mean or rude when I say this, but when I read in your A/N that you're "not a writer" I kind of chuckled to myself. Of course you're a writer! You're a fantastic writer! Sheesh, I only wish my first few attempts at writing anything were as good as yours. Even in just this first chapter, there are so many things that make the story come to life; the oppressive heat, the glaring sun (that made me laugh, btw, the "game point for Mother Nature" bit), the sugar grains disappearing under Katie's checkered rag. It's these little bits that many writers don't include when they first start out, but they should! It only adds more texture to the story.

So, enough rambling. This first chapter is great and I'm excited to read the rest!
FromMyBackyard chapter 4 . 7/7/2011
And the happy squee fangirl dance continues...

This is all you need my dear, no more and no less. It's perfect with plenty of room for melancholy, warm fuzzies, and what ifs.

I absolutely melt with the fact that not only did he offer her a kiss, but also cake.

If you so happen to continue, I would love to see her without the nastiness and filled with curiosity to know more and see more and experience more with him. Not as a couple-type relationship but as a curious tourist and benevolent tour-guide partnership to see the Underground. If I could capture your version of Jareth, I might attempt something myself.
FromMyBackyard chapter 3 . 7/7/2011
"I believe you're my present. It's my birthday."

SO. FULL OF. WIN!

Pardon me while I do my happy squee fangirl dance...

Love the goblin fist pump and the foretelling sign right out of the movies. _grin_
FromMyBackyard chapter 2 . 7/7/2011
What a way to enter, right into the tunnels. I have every intention of stealing that, you know.
FromMyBackyard chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Hahaha... Always gotta watch out for them pervy peaches. They'll get ya every time.

I love so the desert. Except when the dust storms leave layers of themselves all over the place. That's a pain in the cushie tushie to clean up. It gets into EVERYTHING.