Reviews for A Piece of Cake Redux
suzieqbear chapter 2 . 6/25/2010
beautiful entrance to the labyrinth
Jessica Scott chapter 4 . 6/15/2010
This story was fantastic! Great descriptions, awesome characterization! I can't wait to read more of your work! Exclamation points!
freak-4-God chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Psht. We do not get used to the weather. We hate the weather in Oklahoma. What part is she at?
EmeraldRomance chapter 4 . 6/3/2010
That was such a clever, throughly well-written ficlet! Loved the visuals you created when describing the ruin in Jericho, and the cute little quirky things like the Underground Shelter, the piece of cake reference, and having it be Jareth's birthday. I would definitely like to see it continue...
EmeraldRomance chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Hey there! Haven't chatted with you in awhile:) While I know thing of the part of 66 you wrote about, I am familiar with the part in Virginia, and it's not hard to imagine a scenario like this. You've done a good job setting up the initial characterization. I love Katie...will we see more of her?

Will read more when I get home from school.
camcalli chapter 4 . 6/1/2010
It was very well done for a short piece. I love the irony. A piece of cake, indeed. Although, I'm not too sure about chocolate and peach together. Hmmm. I do hope you do the sequels. It was a very interesting take on their aftermath.
Little Lady chapter 4 . 5/31/2010
Simply lovely...You did brilliant. And very well written. Very original as well.
artseblis chapter 4 . 5/30/2010
A beautiful one-shot. We want more though. But open-ended as it is the story allows us to be more a part of it as we can't help but imagine what else could happen.
BreathOfNocte chapter 4 . 5/30/2010
Woop woop!

:D Excellent story, love, all around. Most definitely not a let down in any sense of the term. High five!

(We should come up with a secret handshake or something. Like 'elbow bump-pinky link-thumb wiggle-thumb wiggle-high five-low five-back five'. Or something.)
tomoe-gozen52 chapter 4 . 5/30/2010
It's not such a bad thing, to leave people wanting more - in theatre, we were told it brings people back. I enjoyed this story, particularly the juxtaposition of the dry, cracked location and its desolation compared with the lush and unpredictable Underground. I could literally hear Jareth's amusement as he signed the note "your slave." It would be interesting indeed to see how things might progress as Sarah continues to drive across the country, learning about life and Jareth and herself.
DarkDreamer1982 chapter 4 . 5/30/2010
The way you have this planned out, I have to agree with you that it was a good place to end it. I can't wait for the epiloge adn for the sequal! Keep up the awesome work and good luck on your thesis!
LadyGrey69 chapter 4 . 5/30/2010
I loved it! Not every story has to end with Sarah becoming the Goblin Queen, lol. The cake... I loved it. Although peach frosting? Very Jareth, but I'd scrape it off, hehe! Anyway, I look forward to the epilogue, of course, but I really enjoyed this just as it is... a lovely little foray into the big U for Sarah, a kiss for Jareth for her release, and then a gift from Jareth at the end... awesome. I look forward to more from you... am putting you on author alert!

aa
messengercat chapter 4 . 5/30/2010
I'll admit it was kind of surprised to see it marked as complete when I clicked on it, but at the same time I think it works this way, so, well done, the ending made me smile, and I look forward to the epilogue and sequal. (Also, good luck on the thesis.)

Jareth's note made me giggle, and, that cake sounds so good right now, lucky Sarah. XD
McKayla chapter 3 . 5/10/2010
I really love your writing style. Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate it . I'm only on chap. 3 as of now, but I look forward to reading more.
Serenity458 chapter 3 . 5/5/2010