Reviews for Clipped Strands of Fate
reve2weaver chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
I loved this short story. There was a lot going on, but the exposition didn't get tiring, nor did I guess where the story was going. I truly felt Edward's connection to Bella even though it was told through her POV. I believed in his love for her, which made the ending that much more poignant. Great Stuff.
biblepam chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
you are so correct in re: Don't believe everything you hear.. a good bit of what you see as well. so many things can be misrepresented. It's amazing how people will interpret things a certain way to make them fit into their way of thinking for their own motives... It's astounding how much evil in the world is represented as something good.. Pam B.
chriserlyn chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
May I please say, shit? I am asking respectfully.

Shit, not because I'm mad at you but because shit, that was hard to read.

Shit, because Edward was beaten and all of them except Jasper and Bella survived.

Shit, because Edward never saw his daughter.

Shit, because this story is going to keep me up tonight and I'll be crying.

Saying shit was good for my sobbing self.

Thank you for writing.

chriserlyn
tmt4life chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Wow this was very difficult for me to finish. All I wanted to do was cry. You did an awesome job writing this and eventhough Edward and Bella didn't end up together I still liked it. ( eventhough normally I'm all about happy endings) it was still an amazing o/s

I can't wait to see what else you will write!
Linzzer220 chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
wow, absolute fantastic one shot! I was going back in EBT's rec's from her A/N at the bottom and recc'ed this awhile ago, but I wanted to give it a shot. I've only seen part of a PBS special on Jonestown and its just devastating to learn about. Ironically I'm also reading a book called The Lonely Polygamist. Tho I'm Catholic and kno that not all Mormons are crazy polygamists, its scary to think that they're out there. My heart dropped when Alice was to be married to Jasper's father nevermind getting pregnant with two of his siblings..that's just so wrong. And don't get me started on Edward and Bella b/c i totally cried hardcore at the end :(
Teeeessa chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
I cried. I cried like a huge sap! That's so sad! Why would he do something like that! This was an amazing one-shot, realy unlike any I have ever read before. Thank you!

Tessa.
LoryB chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Wow this was indeed dark and angsty. I wasn't born when that massacre occurred in Guyana but I knew a lot about it thanks to my mom. I think she was worried that growing up I might join some kind of cult. I want to congratulate you even if you didn't won because this was such a well done O/S. It had love, fear, angst, hate, hope and all other emotions not easy to handle in a O/S but here the changes are soft and smooth building up to make us feel everything.
LiRock chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
I just finished reading Clipped Strands of Fate and I was very moved by it. A very different story for Edward and Bella. I've always been fascinated by the whole polygamy issue and was thrilled to find this.

Have you ever considered making this into a longer story? I know I for one would love to read it. But maybe with a happier ending?(please?) There are so many facets of this world that would be facinating to read about. And you could even bring closure to the situation with Carlisle.(not that I would deign to tell you what to write);).

I do believe that you have a gift for writing and hope that you continue to do so. We all out there in fictionland appreciate it.

Thanks
familydontendwithblood chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
I read this earlier this morning, and it haunted me all day, so I knew I should come review. I don't even really have words, but this made my heart hurt immensely. So sad, but a little beautiful. I hope that's not crazy to say.
What the HELL chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
OMG! I'm reading through the contest entries and this one is a trip! HOW can you be an E&B fan when you NEVER give them a HEA! Are you freaking kidding me! You cannot like Edward and Bella when you constantly kill them off. Even AG lets them get their happy ending after making them go through tons of crap. This was a mess. I can't believe you did that! NO!
gossip-bangkok chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
*gasp* Brandi, I think you just broke my heart! :P

Well written my dear!

I wish you the very best for the contest! :)

Thank you as always!
Unchanged Affections chapter 2 . 4/17/2010
surreal structure chapter 2 . 4/17/2010
I wish I had the words to tell you how beautiful this is. So sad that things like these happen around us.
lambcullen chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
A very sensitive subject but it was dealt with so very very well!

thank you.

xx
Lily Adrienne chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
that was so heartbreaking, bittersweet & beautiful - a rollercoaster of emotions. i love how you focused on their relationship more than the mass murder.

"i'm yours eternally" (*my heart is gripping*)
82 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »