Reviews for Clipped Strands of Fate
ArdnaidOcirg chapter 2 . 4/9/2010
Aw... I'm so sad that this story didn't make it. :( It really deserves to be there! But I'm glad that you're happy. :D
Livie79 chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Well here I am again, you have a serious talent for this genre of writing. And by that I mean your writing has the ability to make me utterly sick with sadness, so much so that I have to go read large amounts of pure fluff to try and recover and least a little bit. Seriously, very well written even if the content itself was just devastating. I'm still waiting on my HEA for All the Things We Never Said Missy! ;-) Great job, just completely heartbreaking.
grabadietcoke chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Sent here from High Anxiety and man, your story just grabs at the heart. I don't know why I wasn't expecting the mass suicide. The Jim Jones mass suicide is probably the first major news story I remember paying attention to as a kid and thinking of the huge loss. This had a really personal spin on that.

Very very very well written.
LovelySunshine chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Wow. I cant even begin to tell you how much i loved it. You story made me a balling mess just to let you know! But i loved it. i wish it wasnt a one-shot but ohh well :)
CherBella chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Hey there! :) I skimmed through this from your twitter link when you originally posted it but I wanted to come back and really read through it and leave a review.

I just wanted to say this was such a unique and amazing story. I realize it's based on real-life cults and events that have happened, and it might be weird to say that it's good but it is. :)

There was so much tragedy - Alice being forced at such a young age to marry Jasper's father and to get pregnant. She and Jasper's devastation.

And yet there was beauty in Edward and Bella's relationship. I LOVED their secret wedding ceremony, and their stolen moments together. I knew something bad would happen when he left with the elders, and while it was devastating that everyone died, it was even more heartbreaking to visualize him as Bella found him, tied up, beaten and forcibly poisoned.

And the end, at the graves...so sad.

Great story! I'm PM'ing you too. :)
IndecisiveMe chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Wow. I don't know what to say. Edward and Bella's relationship was beautiful. The ending was heartbreaking - tears rolling down my cheeks heartbreaking.
adhita chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Oh, what a sad but beautiful story! Bella and Jasper are forever incomplete because of the misguided power of one person.

In a way I'm glad that this is a one-shot, because it's a very angsty story and would have been completely heartbroken if I read for many, many chapters about this beautiful characters you created for most of them to end up dead.

Excellent story!
Georgia-George chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
You made me cry, but I guess it also doesn't help that I'm listening to Iron & Wine. That was extremely well written, especially for a one shot. It was odd, but in such a good way. Definitely one of that saddest stories I've read thus far, second only to "Friend Boy" by teenytinytwilight. OH, and you should probably go over and thank EdwardsBloodType, seeing as she recc'd your story in "High Anxiety" saying this was, "one of the best one shots she's ever read", and I don't regret taking her advice. :)
Jordyn2011 chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
This story made me cry, because it was so beautifully written and full of heartbreak. I just...thank you for writing it. It was fantastic.
Twilightdiehard chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Its very rare that a fic actually makes me cry, but this was so beautiful and well written. I loved it!
jt1972 chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
I have to honestly say how hard this story was for me. You write a mean story... and by "mean" I "mean" great!

I am not sure I have ever cried as hard as I had over this particular sad story. I have read my fair share of stories over my lifetime (I'm 37) and this one definitely was painful... but it's kudos to you in the end which IMO is a good thing... to be able to exude this type of emotions from your readers, IMO (again) is a huge accomplishment and you deserve a nice pat on the back.

I wasn't imagining Edward would end up like this in the end, I almost assumed he would be forced to stay behind and Bella would be stuck on the outside looking in... Jonestown was an incredibly sickening part of the history of humanity... and this story brings to light what a cult really can do to people and convince them to do and in the end take away such amazing people, which were just looking for a purpose, kinship, someplace to fit in within society... I pray that something like Jonestown never happens again... yet we see small sparks all around the world happening and it truly sickens me how someone can be so power hungry that they fear losing it so much they are willing to kill their disciples in the process to seek said power.

Again, good, however for obvious reason extremely sad... story! I will have to take a peek for other stories you have written!

I am off to wash my face and think some happier thoughts...
my2galspal chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
I knew this was from the Black Balloon contest so I was expecting a sad ending, but I prayed that I would be wrong the whole time. As heart-wrenching as your story is it is wonderfully well written and has an excellent story line.

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I enjoyed it very much and wish you the best of luck in the contest.
scrosby66 chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Wow, this story is amazing! Thanks so much for writing it for us!
canuck40245 chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
That was fantastic, and intense. Holy shit was that intense.
harleys chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Lovely writing... this story was so so so sad!
86 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »