Reviews for Clipped Strands of Fate
Burntcore chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Holy shit... I'm here at work reading this and trying not to cry! How sad... but at least with the baby, Bella has something of Edward with her always.
ArdnaidOcirg chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Oh God, that was so heart breaking. :( I really love the storyline, though. And the angst. ;D
coldplaywhore chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Wow. Just Wow.

I still don't think you knew I was joking when I said it would be horrible if you wrote a story based on Jonestown, but here we are and you've posted it.

I must admit, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought there would be more buildup to the mass suicide / killing and that it would be really difficult to read. However, the fact that you focused more on the relationship between Bella & Edward, as well as the community they were part of was really good.

I still didn't cry though. I must be a soul less bitch. Then again, I did suggest this idea, so I must be soul less :) I love you anyways!
i wish something different chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
WOW just WOW, it was beautiful, i find it so hard that this still happens in today world.
Psycho Slayer ttm chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
u based this story on what happened in Jonestown, right? that man was one sick and pathetic mofo that couldnt stand to die alone so he took all his followers, willing and unwilling, with him. i know there was no chance of a happy ending, especially when i read that there were cups littering the ground, but i still couldnt help but hope for a miracle, a happy ending. But it was well written, i was crying from the time they found alice til the end. Good job
Twilight44 chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
That was so good! Theirs was such a sweet gentle love! So honest and just...ungh! I knew that these stories do not have a HEA but it was so nicely written that I couln't stop myself from rooting forthem anyway!

Maddening reasons sick old men will construct as a means to control and conquer weaker people - and when in the name of religion it is a travesty! Carlisle didn't believe it enought to kill himself did he?

I was horrified at what happened to Alice! E did try to save B and I love him for it. I thought he may be already married by the time they re-united but the vision you portrayed of E tied up in that church - beaten... I couldn't stop crying!

I had nightmares about an animal bound and trussed up and realized that it was left over angst from this story manifesting in my mind to try and help me with my need to free Edward. In my dream - we freed the animal.

It really affected me! So good. Hope you win!
NZTwilighter chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
That was beautiful. You probably won't hear it called that much though, right?

I think it's because you've shown me a love that's defied obstacles with potential to break those bonds but I just love their determination: his, that he kept till the end, and hers, that she will continue to hold onto far beyond his death. It's hard to explain, but for example my brother in law died in 20 and my niece to this day carries out her life in his honour, keeping every promise she made to him. Unconditional and eternal love.

I sound like a wanker, I know.

ANYWAY, I love this shit. And I knew I would as soon as I got the alert. I always have a soft spot for Charlie, and so I was pleased to see he'd had an epiphany and his encouragement/support would have helped reinforce her and Edward's resolve to run.

Sometimes I really like to read of an 'asshole' Carlisle, but gees he is a power hungry, sick motherfucker. Mass suicide - my only sad part was thinking of Charlie and Renee, Alice, as they were doing whatever it was to end their lives (poison?). And of course Edward and what would have been going through his head - I imagine his last moments would have been bittersweet, his only relief knowing that Bella was free.

I am definitely going to read a bit more about this. This is crazy shit, I would say only in America... but we have a crazy dude her called Brian tamaki who ordained himself Bishop of his semi-derivative-protestant / semi-pulled-from-his-asshole religion. He's a greasy-haired rich bastard who tried everything from forming a political party to trying to create his own commune, a 'self-sufficient city' on the outskirts of Auckland until our government, local council and public cock-blocked him with the big middle finger, thank any-fucking-God other than Bishop Brian Tamaki's job.

I've turned your review into something completely about myself, sorry about that!
82 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6