Reviews for Yokonamy One
jeni.studios chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
So really loved this premise. I am sad you didn't continue, but I pulled the same thing on my story. This story is really well thought out and well written. Good job, you!
Karmic Acumen chapter 11 . 4/2/2014
It's a shame you moved on and left this story behind. It had a lot of promise. The way you steamrolled through the negotiations and had Xander baffle them all with his generosity was hilarious, if somewhat odd since Xander could have negotiated a preliminary, verbal deal or something. Then again, it's not like he actually lacks anything.
Morlow chapter 11 . 12/29/2013
Yes, I finally found this story again. I was looking for it, for a long, long time. And while I am sad, that this story hasn't been updated, it was still nice to read again. As long as it is.
Thanks for the great read.
Tee chapter 11 . 11/17/2013
One of the reasons I like this story is it deals with thought out consequences—actions are not taken in a vacuum. Esp. earlier in the story when Xander was talking about the consequences of just giving his tech to Earth to end world hunger.
So when Zander became responsible for millions of Jaffa, I was wondering how he’d provide for them, and change their whole worldview without “giving” them the medicines “with his power” long term –thus hurting his whole “you can be independent” drive. After all he’s trying to go from a medieval mindset to a post renaissance one.
When the Tau’ri proposed an alliance it seemed to fit. One side had technology, and the other had resources like teachers, industrial know how at a reproducible level, philosophy, new crops & livestock, and of course the entertainment. Think what a movie like 300 could do –a warrior society where the leader fights and dies with his men instead of above them “. . . He’s facing free men here not slaves . . . .” or “ . . . and the man who thought himself a god felt a very human chill of fear. . .”
Instead of giving his tech away—shouldn’t he trade for it? Of course that gives many opportunities for Earth observers –cough spies cough—to get boots on the ground.
In truth I’m driven by the hope of seeing realistic conflict between the radical free jaffa pushing for change, NID spies who want to grab tech, and poor Zandar who’s trying to gently nudge the conservatives along -so take what I say with a salt lick instead of just a grain ;)
randallxcon chapter 11 . 11/4/2013
Big fan. Read the whole story strait through. Very little to complain about. If there was one thing to nit pick it would be the slow progress but it definately makes for a richer story all together.
Illuviar chapter 11 . 8/22/2013
Great story!
EvilReaderMaximum chapter 11 . 4/17/2013
please continue this story its really good
Guest chapter 11 . 2/8/2013
oh god i loved this whoooh. i want more more oh god i want more wow. god 3 years? oh man please please pretty please update great story :)
Netchka3 chapter 11 . 1/1/2013
More please! More please! Just read this again and can't wait for more to come.
Castor and Pollux chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
Please continue this story
Mortimer Grimm chapter 11 . 6/17/2012
From what I've read up to this point in the story, I'd like very much to read more - therefore I encourage you to write as many chapters as possible, so that I may achieve the pleasure of reading them.
Zenoen-the-mac-user chapter 11 . 4/9/2012
Amazing story sorry you haven't been adding chapters i really like your writing style

i hope you decide to keep writing in the future thanks.
DHB-Spike chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
This story has a lot of potential, very few SG-1 fics, give a reasonable method and approach to building a an army to actually fight the goa'uld. Having Xander "play" a Balder/Thor type is pretty solid. I also find it slightly ironic since Aexander the Great was proclaimed a god by the oracle at Deplphi...Alexander is kinda playing the reincarnation of the entamology of his own name.
falseproffitt chapter 11 . 11/7/2011
WOW GREAT STORY WISH YOU WOULD CONTINUE
mishap chapter 11 . 10/13/2011
I have to say I utterly love this story and find it to be distressingly under reviewed. I think it is one of the better written stories and surprisingly easy and pleasant to read considering that many who write hard sci-fi on seem to obsess over the science and neglect the story or make so many complications that you need a map to track character interaction.

Please keep up the fantastic work and I hope to see more soon...I am willing to beg?