Reviews for Of Tears and Mist
MILLI chapter 7 . 9/14/2012
Paul4ever chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
love it!
Windershins chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Fantastic. Your English is superb- I can see no indications that it's not your native tongue.

Incidentally, the dog's name was Hachiko, his master was a professor, and they did build a statue to him where he died, in a train station in Japan. They made a movie about it fairly recently.
MoonlitSerenity chapter 26 . 7/30/2010
Aww, thank you Snezhinka, you're so sweet. I truly enjoyed this chapter, the depth, the conversations, and of course the dedication. I hope you are well and also hope Moscow stil isn't as hot as a frying pan. Haha

The update was much appreciated. I hope more people turn an eye to your amazing skill.

Come on people, she's writing a NOVEL!

Thanks again,

MoonlitSerenity chapter 25 . 6/29/2010
Helloooooo Snezhinka.

I'm taking the time out of my busy day to drop on my knees and thank GOD that you updated! For a second, I thought you had finished with this story, and so I was left skimming your chapters, waiting for a new one to pop up. And of course, the latest "View from the Treetop" was comical, developed, intimate, and even held a bittersweet tone to it at the end. I loved it, read it over twice, and I now hope you gain the thousands of reviews this story deserves. If not, you know I'll always be in your corner...

Here's to you,

MoonlitSerenity chapter 20 . 5/28/2010
Broke my heart with this chapter. Broke it into the tiniest of fragments. This chapter was so developed, so melancholy. I admire your work even more every time I read it. Being a musician, I love how you incoperate melodic themes into your work, such as a violin or metrenome. Music, as I believe, unlocks some emotions that not even the greatest of writers can put onto paper.

And yet, somehow, you manage to.

Update soon.

nomorehere chapter 5 . 5/17/2010
I sat here for fifteen minutes, I'd say, trying to think of how to describe how much I loved this chapter. And I think no matter how long I sit here I'll still be speechless.
nomorehere chapter 4 . 5/17/2010
Very, very nice . . . I do believe Sweeney would have spared him, as you suggested, if he'd known who the old man was. A bit sad and an ending I was not expecting.
nomorehere chapter 3 . 5/17/2010
AH! LOVED THIS! Johanna's writing was very believable, I found myself wanting to read more of this diary, and your take on how much she knew about her parents. I also laughed at her March entries. :)
nomorehere chapter 2 . 5/17/2010
A wonderful chapter. I always wondered what Toby's thoughts were after that event and what became of him. I especially liked how Sweeney was 'eaten up by his grief'. Very, very nicely written.
nomorehere chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
I was thinking of when I open a book and sometimes it just hooks me right from the beginning. This has done that. The way you describe the beggar woman was beautiful and touching. I was thinking of how her portrayal is so often about her mad (sometimes comically sexual) side, and I always wanted to see something like what I saw in the musical . . . something that touched me the way it did when she went up to the barber shop and threw herself on the locked box Johanna was in, imagining it a cradle . . . you did that. :)
MoonlitSerenity chapter 16 . 5/11/2010
I'm just going to say it because I love your work and to blabber on about how amazing you are would be jumbled repetition. One of my fave chapters, so far, (chapters being plural, har-di-har-har) and I look foward to your next update. This one, though, really hit me where I live, especially with the vivid connection between Barker's letters and the soldier's thoughts. The end, with the soldier dead and the letters in hand, yet another brilliant conclusion. It leaves a bitter-sweet air around the reader.

Keep it up

-Moonlit Serenity
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 15 . 5/9/2010
Another wonderful chapter. I just returned from a mini-holiday in a village that seems to have quite some locations like the one you describe in this chapter (swans included).

The shepherd boy really reminded me of Toby, but I'm not sure whether I'm "supposed" to think of him in this chapter or not :P

One little thing: I noticed you noticed "ok" in this chapter and as far as I know, that word wasn't used yet back then.
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 16 . 5/9/2010
This is a truly wonderful chapter. Again, I love the way you combine the actual movie/play story and something history related that's actual quite similar to it.

The time of updating is very appropriate too.
BeBopALula chapter 14 . 5/1/2010
This is so awesome. Not only is it a Hans Christian Andersen Little Mermaid crossover, but it has Anthony and Johanna in it. Plus, it's just gorgeous. I love the theme of love not being selfish. People who attribute bad motives to Anthony seem to miss that so often.