Reviews for In the Shadow of Ursa Major
tired617 chapter 32 . 6/12
So looking forward to more
Goldielover chapter 31 . 8/1/2015
Bella's marriage to Edward is now invalid in the laws of the time, and she would be considered an adulterer. Even if Carlisle granted her a divorce, she would have had to bear the stigma of it, as this was before the days of "no fault" divorce, and the catalyst for any divorce would be the bigamous marriage to Edward. Her relationship with Edward, even if she re-married him, would always be considered scandalous, and there would be certain segments of society that would never accept her. Edward's chances of successfully running for Congress would be virtually nil, as he would be tainted by the same scandal. Times have certainly changed since then.

A nasty situation for everyone concerned, but especially for poor Carlisle, the wounded war hero who returned home to find his wife married to his brother.
Goldielover chapter 32 . 8/1/2015
This is another one I would have loved to have seen finished.

I feel so sorry for poor Carlisle here, and really hope a happy ending was planned for him. Hopefully Bella came to her senses. I know she was in a tough situation being married to both, but Carlisle was first.

It would be nice if someone adopted this someday.
smook chapter 32 . 9/23/2011
Hello Ms. JosieSwan - how's your story doing?
AniyaCullen chapter 32 . 6/7/2011
This story is amazing and well written. I thought that was the end. Are you updating anytime soon because I really want to read more. I feel sorry for carlisle but I truly hope bella do not break edwards heart. Normally I only read edward bella fics but this one is so good. Ugh I just want edward and bella to stay together but you keep making them have miscarriages makes me think something is going to allow carlisle and bella to be back together especially with her and him still being technically married
AniyaCullen chapter 21 . 6/7/2011
Okay now she gone do all three brothers. Ugh. This is a good story though
DizzyMissLizzie chapter 32 . 5/5/2011
Wow...I have been swept away by this story...are you still updating? *thud*
oO.Jazzz.Oo chapter 32 . 1/9/2011
I just don't want to believe that Bella is going to leave Carlisle like that.

Didn't Carlisle leave Heidi immediately, too, when he went back to Canada?

I know you can't really compare the relationship between Edward and Bella and Carlisle and Heidi, but nevertheless...?

Bella is so dumb. Carlisle is the man she loved, loves and is always going to love, why can't she see that?

Her feelings for Edward just developed out of despair, in my opinion.

I hope she's going to change her mind really, really fast. Maybe Jasper is going to accomplish something

in their desperate love triangle too, I just have to believe that there is going to happen something.

Please, PLEASE, I'm begging you, don't keep me waiting for too long.

Jazzz
oO.Jazzz.Oo chapter 14 . 1/9/2011
Hi,

I just stopped by to tell you my opinion before I read the next chapters.

First...Im from Germany. Yeah, It really felt weird when I read your hard words about the Germans, but I then realized that the war ended so many years ago and we left this tension behind us a long time ago. (At least I hope so?) I want to make clear that I am absolutely not proud of what my ancestors did, even if I wasn't even born then.

I was kinda shocked when I read all this terrible things the Cullen-boys had to endure, even if it's just a fictional story. I can't help but feel guilty.

Your plot and your characters are very reliable. I shared their pain and just adore Jasper the tomboy and Carlisles deep and intelligent nature.

I love the way you made everyone believe Carlisle was dead. First, I believed it was Hodge who died, but you really shattered my hopes in the next chapters.

It was so unbelievable sad when Bella lost her child and Jasper got...well, slightly insane.

I cant wait to read how Jasper deals with Bella and Edward in the next chapter. I really hope Carlisle is going to come back to Montana and Bella isn't going to end up with Edward.

Really good work, already added it to my favourites ;)

Jazzz
AJCeda chapter 9 . 10/22/2010
I just started reading this, and I can't seem to stop. Your imagery and character development are awe inspiring. This chapter was very striking, and very sad. Though I have a long way to go, I am really looking forward to the rest of this story. Bravo, my friend. Well written.
NZTwilighter chapter 32 . 10/15/2010
I'm finding it tough to read, I can only imagine how hard it is to write. I didn't read this chapter as well as I should have, I've decided I'm too much of a wimp and choose to wait for like, 3 or 4 more updates and then run with it! Sorry, it's just devastating me at the moment!

However I did also wonder if there might be more of Bella doubting her choice when she realises, (despite my contemplations a few reviews ago) that he has changed as deep as just beneath the surface but at the very core is still, Carlisle, same values, same character...?

Very tough on all the characters, indeed, even Charlie, etc
ronjon chapter 32 . 10/12/2010
Yeah! I can see how this chapter was difficult to write. I don't know how you are going to make this right. Maybe there isn't a way. Will be watching.
MsFierceKitten chapter 32 . 10/11/2010
Rough chapter to read but Bella telling Carlisle was something that had to be done. Edward is such a great man, holding her and loving her through it all..I am really pulling for him in this. Great chapter as always...

Cheers :)
wow-O-wow chapter 31 . 10/4/2010
Bella is making sense, staying with Edward. Even if Carlisle's memories come back, she's still in love with Edward now. I hope Carlisle does decide to move forward without her. This fic has not been entirely pleasant, with chapter after chapter of Edward being heartbroken and honorable. Yanking his happiness away now would be horrendous.
MsFierceKitten chapter 31 . 10/4/2010
Another brilliant chapter! Thank you..

I am happy that Bella realizes that what she has with Edward is not something to easily throw away. I really hope that they stick together through this and that Carlisle can find peace and move on.

Cheers :)