Reviews for In the Shadow of Ursa Major
noname1001 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
This reminds me greatley of legends of the fall, is it based on that? Jasper seems like Tristan with the bear claw and the younger native girl(Alice) destined to be his love.
NZTwilighter chapter 30 . 9/28/2010
This was awful... I mean, a fantastic, well-written chapter but awful for my heart! I did cry, won't lie. I still don't know what I want the outcome to be. Maybe I won't be entirely without sadness no matter who ends up with whom.

I think the ending with the least heart fail for me will be that Carlisle - while trying to fit back into life and returning from his 'transient life' - goes through some self-discovery thing and realises he is no longer the Carlisle pre-deployment and now has different dreams, hopes, ideals, etc and has outgrown everything he might have in a life with Bella... I dunno, this is just so, so sad! I've never watched Legend of the Fall and now I know I never will. Before I read this update I watched the first part of The Brave One, bawled my eyes and fled the living room, telling my husband I couldn't watch anymore!
kdpc chapter 30 . 9/27/2010
Won't lie and say I was disappointed that Bella went and sat next to Carlisle and held his hand. No concern for Edward. My heart breaks for Edward. Bella's going to drop him for a man who doesn't remember her. She has put him through hell over the years and this will finally do him in. Life can be so unfair.
ronjon chapter 30 . 9/27/2010
Beautifully done! Poor Carlisle! After struggling so hard to find out who he is and reconnect with Bella only to find her married to his brother. But since he doesn't really remember anything himself it would be a big mistake to think they could just pick up where they left off. Of course, legally, she is still married to him. Her marriage to Edward would be annulled since Carlisle would have to be missing 7 years to be declared dead. But I guess that has no bearing since he was believed to be dead by the Canadian Government in the first place. He will figure it out. He just had all his hopes tied up in the "Bella Basket", like finding her would make all his memories come back to him. Since they haven't, he has some serious readjustments to make. Looking forward to next Monday.
XxonlyhumanxX chapter 29 . 9/26/2010
OMG! Please continue!
Guest chapter 29 . 9/26/2010
You know, I have been waiting, not too patiently I might add, for my favorites to update. One of them, of course, is "An Unexpected Lady". So, in my frustration, I decided to look at your profile for other stories. How pleased I was to find "In the Shadow of Ursa Major". I have been reading it during available minutes for the last 3 days. I never saw "Legends of the Fall". Is this story parallel to it? I keep picturing Brad Pitt as Jasper for some reason. I remember the previews of the movie and purposely didn't go to see it because I knew there was going to be some serious emotional pain in it. Now here I am, Carlisle at the door, alive. Absolutely no one is going to be happy, right?
MsFierceKitten chapter 29 . 9/23/2010
Great chapter! I feel so bad for Edward and Bella, with their fight for a baby. I am really rooting for Edward and Bella and hope that Carlisle's return doesnt make their marriage fall apart. Cant wait to see what happens!

Cheers :)
Caitie126 chapter 29 . 9/20/2010
Oh my! Great story, I've been catching up with all day! Man, Bella sure is hot for all the Cullen brothers, but seriously a great story!
bugsmama07 chapter 29 . 9/20/2010
wow. jasper finally got his head out of his butt and got his act together and i'm so excited that him and alice are travelling the world together! makes me jealous they could just take off and go where the wind carries them. :(

and its so sad that edward and bella keep having miscarriages. my husband and i worry that the problems with our first daughter will cause too much stress on my body to carry more children. :( so i can sympathize with them about not getting pregnant or not being able to carry the baby. :(

as far as edward running for office, let's hope it doens't turn out like the movie cause bella is just too important to kill her off. thanks a bunch, lol.

and holy crap! carlisle shows up at the door? i am so ready for next weeks update already! come on come on! lol. i can see WWIII breaking out at the Cullen ranch. i can't imagine the things that are gonna happen in the next chapter!

this story has taken me on such a joyride of emotions and feelings and i just love reading it! FABULOUS JOB! LOVE IT!
NZTwilighter chapter 28 . 9/18/2010
Oh my gosh my heart is thumping in anticipation!

I think either way I'll be sad. Bella is one lucky bitch, about to be in the most awful predicament.

Either way, I am so, so happy for Carlisle - he deserves to know who he is, it's been way too long.
NZTwilighter chapter 27 . 9/18/2010
This was nice but sad... bittersweet. I have no idea what I want to happen when Carlisle is eventually reunited with Bella and the rest of his family - I'm on the fence, it changes with every chapter, every journal entry, and every one symbol of Edward's love for Bella.
pilgrims Lips chapter 28 . 9/13/2010
Omg I cant wait me building a time machine cant come fast enough. Yikes I wonder how isabella is going to take the news
bugsmama07 chapter 28 . 9/13/2010
sorry i haven't reviewed. i've been on vacation and just now got caught up. lol.

so they got married. wow. it seemed like it took them forever to get married and have sex. i guess edward knows what he was missing out on now. lol.

carlisle swan now knows his name is cullen and where he lives, all based on a chance encounter with a patient that knows him. that is just fate, if you ask me. i'm glad that he knows who he is and where he's from. he can have some sembelance of his family back. as for his wife, i'm not so sure how that's going to work out. i mean, she just got married to his brother, she finally let go any hope she had of him returning to her and now he's headed home to montana. i'm excited to see the reunion but i'm nervous too. i sincerely hope that carlisle sees his dad first because i'm not sure how ed, bell, and car would all play out if they run into each other first with no warning.

i love where this is headed and i'll be waiting for next monday!
Spaz86 chapter 28 . 9/13/2010
Yay! He figured it out! But oh no Bella and Edward have been married two years, that is going to be a conflicting reunion... Update soon!
Bella Baby24 chapter 28 . 9/13/2010
My heart is already breaking for Carlisle, Bella, and Edward. What an impossible situation. I'm glad this story doesn't exactly follow Legends of the Fall because that would really just be depressing ;) Thank you for writing!
103 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »