Reviews for Something I Can Never Have
frlarsson chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Loved your story,

best wishes, Linda
deenerneener chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Another good effort! The Sookie references in the flashback at the beginning cracked me up ("do we have to be vampires again Bella," indeed!).

You did a great job capturing the torture of jealousy, seeing a girl/boyfriend kissing someone else. The mind can't help but replay the scene over and over, each instance as painful as the original (if not more so). Later, it was very realistic for Edward to assume that Bella was at the party with Jacob; that is such a common, automatic reaction. It's so easy to jump to that conclusion, and often so hard to be willing to listen to any explanation.

I like how you make Edward believe he's a monster here for engaging in rough intimacy, even though it's clearly in line with Bella's wishes. His view of his monstrosity is so in keeping with his canon mindset. Conversely, I like that Bella views Edward as an addiction/drug to her, too.

In the end, I was happily surprised that they wound up back together. I hadn't really expected that.

Thanks for writing this! It's inspiring that you're stepping out and sharing your writing!

Take care (and hope to see you at a show at some point this year).

Diann
Twilight44 chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Hard to imagine the kissing being to great with his lips like that! Seeing him so broken through the story is hard. Hopefully he hasn't done to much damage to himself! I would read more of this if you took it a few more chapters!
Blind Maharet chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
I love NIN and i think that the story and the music are going to go great together, I can't wait to try it when i get home. Good sex, good angst and clever verbiage. How could one go wrong? Loved it!
kisvakondok chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
Very sweet story, I hope you will have good luck in the contest. To be perfectly honest, you really showed the raw emotions that are cursing through them and bind and tie them irrevocably to each others. I wish I could do it so profoundly in my stories!

I loved Edward's monster that he wanted to preserve Bella from, but I agree with your point totally; if you really love someone with that level of insanity you learn to take the good with the bad, in fact you learn to take it even if it's more bad and less good. I guess the E&B love is not the kind you wish on your friends and family, it's just to consuming and passionate, it burns you up, not a healthy relationship by any means, but that is the good thing about it.
SmokeyMelina chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
Loved it, Very well-written )