Reviews for If wishes were fishes
MichaellaD chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
How about: If wishes were horses/then beggars would ride/upon white chargers/with dames at their sides.
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Cute!
Brown Eyes Parker chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
I liked this story. It had a simplistic sweetness about it. Good work.
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Can we just have this story as an episode and forget the last one all together? Can we? Because I love this like crazy. Especially since you had Jane propose to hypnotize Hightower. It's really the only plausible solution to her FAIL of epic proportions.

And I really love that you had Lisbon ask why he should care AND to bring up that she had considered transferring. All wonderful ways to entice Jane to admit his feelings. Hello? Mentalist writers? You need to take some notes here!

And the whole conversation about what she truly wants was just brilliant. I'd pay good money for the two of them to have that conversation in an episode.

Brilliant, m'dear!
LSR-7 chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Loved this story. I'm glad to see a happy story come from this month's prompt, the other stories thus far have been angsty. Also glad to see them talk about the new boss, I wonder if they will in this week's episode? Anyway, parts of this story made me smile and chuckle. Good work and now I want an ice cream cone.
boutondor chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I really liked this. The dialogue was great. You really nailed Jane's voice. Bravo!
phoenixmagic1 chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I like this story, it has humor, banter and I could see this conversation taking place! Great job :)
forthecoast chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
This week's episode felt more like filler/setup material to me. I definitely like this better ;)

I absolutely could see this entire scenario playing out, and now I'm disappointed that I won't ever get to see it on my TV screen. You have a real gift for these two.
anthropologist chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
I could definitely imagine Jane leading Lisbon on stakeout for no reason other than to talk to her. That line really made me smile, nice call there. I really enjoyed this story, wonderful dialogue and you've really captured their relationship very well. I felt like I was watching a particularly good episode of the Mentalist.

I'm especially glad you wrote this because I was also a little unsatisfied with last night's episode, there was almost no Jane/Lisbon interaction and Hightower's character surprised me. Now I feel content again after reading this. :) Thanks for writing!
Arcadya chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
I found this last episode intriguing.

But it definitely had a weird vibe to it.

Hightower was definitely a fan of the game playing, but Lisbon can rock that boat eternally when she chooses to, and that's basically Jane's comfort arena... so I was disappointed too that there was no 'talk' to speak of.

I liked the conversation. I completely saw them in that car having that conversation, it was epically awesome. Little bit in love you and your writing right now :)

I'm also knid of hoping that the Hightower arrangement blows up in her face, or that Jane does express his affection (properly) for Lisbon soon-ish on the show. At least so that her job isn't in question.

Loved how you dealt with The Cho Situation.
Aquila1 chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
That was a fun little piece. I always enjoy it when Lisbon turns things around on Jane. Nicely done.
Frogster chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
Aww, I liked that. I do think they need to have a talk, but I'm not really sure what happened for the last five minutes of the episode because the phone rang and it was for me. Stupid people interrupting my Mentalist.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Hightower has a hidden agenda? She was reminding me of Vance from NCIS last night. Because if anyone's job was going to be axed, you'd think it would be Jane's, since he's caused all the problems in the first place. (Even though I agree he's irreplaceable-but then Lisbon is too.) If anything happens, both their jobs should be on the line, not just Lisbon's. And Hightower looks really young, too.

Write more soon!
Chiisana Minako chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
This was very enjoyable. I love how their conversation was both silly and mm.. should I said "comitted"? at different points.

I had never heard the "if wishes were fishes" saying, so that was very amusing, as the thought of Jane-gennie and the Aladdin references xD!

Not that we had confirmation of it, but Lisbon's mind trick.. golden. It's not that often that she gets to surprise him :)

This cheered me up, I wasn't having the best of days. (Now I want to eat icecream xD)

I think one of my fave parts was:

"I hate raisins," Jane explained.

Lisbon rolled her eyes, "My heart bleeds."

I would have quoted it but I read it on my psp xD.

Again, I wish to read more stuff like this from you
Heroes.Heroines chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
well, actually jane could hypnotize the head of the CBI because he said he hypnotized minelli to stop smoking in season one... i love the ending, its hilarious! good job, i love this whole story!
yaba chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
OMG I LOVED THIS! The banter was spot on and I always love when Lisbon one ups Jane even if it's such a small thing. I think she deserves to assert her own scheming every once in a while and maybe even stand up for herself. I was wholly put off by her lack of even the slightest defiance in HT's face, it annoyed me. I'm glad you showed that Lisbon has the possibility to do otherwise.

I also really liked the lightness here and how you used the prompt. Seriously, wonderful writing, I'm glad I got a double dose of you this week ;)

Yana