Reviews for Obsession
Guest chapter 8 . 10/10/2013
Wow! Please continue!
Alanic chapter 7 . 11/17/2011
Lots of action. I am looking forward to the next update.
invisigoth3 chapter 7 . 8/27/2011
So many questions and NO answers! I thnk, I need another chapter.
Muse10 chapter 7 . 6/17/2011
This is an excellent story! You have a wonderful writing style. Though I wonder why the villians are keeping any of their captives alive at all; I can see them selling the most recent ones, but Arwen and Legolas are so recognizable that the intelligent thing to do would be to kill them.
Emomanga chapter 7 . 6/13/2011
Love this, can't wait for the next update. :)
Lindir's Ghost chapter 7 . 6/12/2011
Wow ... I love this story! Really, I do! I watched Fellowship of the Ring last night, and felt myself in need of some fan fiction. I'm a sucker for Legolas and Aragorn stories, and seeing yours on the first page naturally intrigued me. From the first chapter, I was hooked, and read the entire thing just now. Oh, the suspense!

Anyway, reviewing...

I really like your use of language. You've managed to make it archaic without making it too stiff and dry, which is refreshing. Your descriptive prose are very well done, giving the reader a clear sense of you vision. Character interaction is well done and convincing; your original characters are coming on nicely, and your 'borrowed' ones are well portrayed ... Their voices are accurate and sympathetic to their original mannerisms. Very well done!

Your plot has a suitable level of intrigue in it to keep the reader hooked (hence I read all seven chapters in one sitting), and I can't wait to find out what is going to happen. You put a SWORD through Legolas' shoulder! What on earth did he do to deserve that? And poor, poor Arwen ... what will become of her? I knew it was Elladan and Elrohir ... got to love those two!

I only have a couple of negatives, and they are only really trivial: there are couple of spelling mixups, as in when you talk of the horses, you occasionally write 'main' instead of

'mane'. I think every author is guilty of that, to be honest.

When you have an elipsis, it should be '...' rather than '..'. Sorry, I'm really picky with that kind of thing.

The only other criticism I have - and again, it's minor - is that some of your sentences don't quite sense. They sometimes seem, I don't know, a little unfinished. With the overall quity of the rest of the writing though, I have to say it doesn't bother me all that much!

Anyway, that's enough from me. Thank you for giving me such a gratifying way to spend a bit of my day off, and I really, really look forward to reading more of this story! I think I'm a little adicted, actually!

All the best,

Ghost
Metoochocolate chapter 7 . 6/12/2011
I'm glad youve finally answer one part of the riddle but these chapters leave so many more questions. The main one being, WHO, WHAT? Who is it, what is happening? At first I thought it was just some mans sick desire for Awren... Now I wonder how will they find leolas? Please say delorah tells them, my guess is she was tortured and I would like to see her as a good guy
The Otherworlder chapter 6 . 6/7/2011
Lol, somehow I knew from the very first chapter that the letter is from a man addressed to Aragorn, hahaha. I was a little distracted somewhere in the middle, but ha I am right! Lol. This is slightly creepy but in a very delicious way. Aragorn reacted to Eowyn's attentions in a very composed and honourable way, but his reactions to this, I imagine, would be... kind of hilarious. (Yes, I do derive strange pleasure watching heroes suffer, especially if they suffer terrible yet twisted misfortunes such as this, haha.) Can't wait for more and hope to see you update soon!
Greg T chapter 6 . 6/4/2011
I'd log in if I had an account, but..

I remember reading this back when it was new, and was a bit disappointed when you decided to stop writing it. But, I see now that you've changed your mind in that regard, and am quite thankful.

I'm excited to read more. I don't find much Arwen angst these days and this is hitting the target just right.
Metoochocolate chapter 6 . 6/4/2011
Great suspense, pleeeeaaaaase don't tak too long to update? I really really want to read more
StarLight9 chapter 6 . 6/4/2011
Oh yes, I certainly enjoyed it and am eagerly waiting for more! Great chapter! You have a done a wonderful job describing Arwen's torment, her prison and her new companion. Everything is so detailed and easily comes to live. I'm wondering what happened to the other captives, who were taken away. Maybe they were returned home since the guards fulfilled their part of the duty, and Gretta was left because her husband didn't comply.

I'm also a big fan of the Mellon Chronicles, so the relationship between Aragorn and Legolas in your story is just the way I like it. I like it how Legolas remains strong and composed in the face of the danger, and is ready to judge the situation with a clear mind and be a pillar of support for his friend. And I sense the bad guy has a plan for him too, so I'm looking forward to see what his role in all this will be.

You've done a wonderful job adding to Aragorn's characterization through his words and small gestures, for example, when he chooses to pick the dead boy himself instead of leaving the unpleasant task to on of his men. The moment when Calahn protests and Legolas stops him is very strong too - it shows how well Legolas knows his friend and that this is something that he needs to do and there is no point in trying to dissuade him.

Update soon!
StarLight9 chapter 5 . 6/1/2011
I'm so glad you are back and updating regularly! This gets more interesting with every chapter. Poor Arwen, to be kidnapped in her condition, and it now seems that Legolas is in danger as well.

I love your style and your villain is believable. I can certainly understand an obsession with Aragorn, hehehe! Update soon!
Wtiger5 chapter 5 . 5/29/2011
Yikes. Aragorn is going to know what hit him. Course neither is this guy when the rain comes down.
alli chapter 5 . 5/27/2011
ohmygosh...do dark...i love it!
Alanic chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Very curious to see where you are going with this please continue.