Reviews for Before and After
Gay Mormon chapter 10 . 3/4

... I just want rei to have a goal that's better than dying, man. Fuck.

Good fic
Gay Mormon chapter 5 . 3/3
Kensuke was golden in this chapter. Love that bastard.
KendrixTermina chapter 10 . 7/15/2017
Well this reminds me of Serial Experiments Lain.
KendrixTermina chapter 9 . 7/15/2017
KendrixTermina chapter 6 . 7/15/2017
This was WAY too over the top even if she's supposed to be grieving.
KendrixTermina chapter 5 . 7/14/2017
I like how you not just elucidated on the shot of them conversing at the station but expanded it much further
KendrixTermina chapter 2 . 7/14/2017
John Spangler chapter 1 . 12/30/2016
Hello, I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed this story. It's really magnificent, and it made me appreciate Rei even more. Thanks for writing it, and good luck with the sequel.
dsty292 chapter 10 . 2/19/2016
I hadn't realized at first that this was a companion to "The Coming of the First Ones". While it appears this was written first, it was breathtaking to read them in the opposite order (even if the ending of First Ones is sort of in flux at the moment). Thank you for writing!
Seeking Professional Help chapter 4 . 9/9/2014
I liked the Gendo and Rei scene, probably would've been more dramatic if Ritsuko didn't show up at the last minute. Would've been interesting to see how a writer of your talent, tackle such a scene. I've seen other writers versions, they almost always do it with a 'Rapey' vibe, which to me seems kind of cliche. I think the only reason Anno left out a scene like that, is because he's a Gendo fanboy and such a scene is even more damning then Shinji's Eoe masturbation scene.

This is an excellent story and you're an excellent writer, definitely one of the best.
March Unto Torment chapter 10 . 10/17/2013

I really, really wish I understood what happened here.

On one hand, this fic was beautiful, inspiring. It's everything a fic from Rei's perspective should be and more.

And yet... not. I really, genuinely did want to see Shinji and Rei get together in the end, and they... well, I don't THINK they did. I'm not sure. The end of this fic was confusing to say the least.

Personally, I find myself of the opinion that someday, Rei III gave life to Rei II and allowed her to be with Shinji in the new world.

Does it make sense? Not really. Is it simply self-justification? Probably, although such introspection... well, humans are ever doomed to be unable to see themselves from the outside, let's say, and leave it at that.

But thank you for writing this. Genuinely, thank you.

- March Unto Torment
Gemini011 chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
I remember reading this before, and finding it an intriguing exploration of Rei's character and internal thought processes. I suspect that I didn't review before because I finished reading it on my phone rather than on a proper computer; it's a lot harder to write a proper review on the mobile site.

At any rate, I've enjoyed reading this first chapter again and will probably go ahead and finish the rest. Hopefully this time I'll remember to leave a review at the end.
Topomouse chapter 10 . 4/12/2012
Very interesting story. I have always liked Rei as a character and it's very good to see how others have interpratated her feelings.
Donderkind chapter 10 . 1/8/2012

That was an extraordinary piece of writing. It's probably the best writing of Rei that I've read on this site. Believable and with her growth happening at just the right pace.

This is now one of my favourite stories ever. I wish that I had the words to describe the whole thing. I think that the previous reviewer got it about spot on!

Brilliant stuff! Thanks for writing!
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
This was fucking amazing.