Reviews for Hunter Of The Shadows book 2: Hunter Rising
Sallyannerenee chapter 24 . 1/7
Wow. Awesome book. Very strong ending. Sam is so fierce when he's angry. Love it. I'm so glad you decided to do a third one. I'm quite in love with Tobias, Dean, and Sam as the werewolves you have written. Especially Sam, who is/was/and always will be my favorite in any form, including Soulless. (You can blame Jared's acting and beautiful face for that.)
Sallyannerenee chapter 20 . 1/7
Nooooo, Jake is always impaling Sam with something! Time for him to die!
Sallyannerenee chapter 18 . 1/7
I had to stop and say, no matter what has been said to you by soulless cretins in the past, I love the little "now" parts at the beginning of each chapter. The way you write them gives us a more intimate look at the interaction between Dean, Sam, and Tobias than Dean gives us when telling the story. Both parts have their place, and their own charm.
Sallyannerenee chapter 17 . 1/5
The cuddling in the "now" part at the beginning was too precious. Happy sigh.
Sallyannerenee chapter 15 . 1/5
Nice glimpse into pack life in the wild. I hope we meet those werewolves again.
Sallyannerenee chapter 12 . 1/4
Hi. Had to stop reading for a second and tell you, I am loving this second book! The father/brother/son between Sam and Dean is adorable. I just love the bond. I have trouble stopping long enough to review as much as you deserve, the story is just SO well written!
bad wolf chapter 24 . 3/20/2015
I'm in love with your stories sooooo much and now I'm going to search for the third one!
klu chapter 24 . 6/4/2014
Oh, I loved this story just as much as the last one. Meeting Lucas, Cornelius and the rest of the large pack was quite a treat and I loved seeing more of the werebears, my Andy makes such a cuddly addition, even when he's in 'protection made' (as I've already gushed my appreciation for him I'll not say more about him).

Again, you managed to make me laugh and cry, stress and relax, gasp and whine as a read this. Your imagery is marvelous. I still found Dean's video journal entries and retelling the events to be wonderfully done, and I am usually not overly moved for all characters when something is told from a single character's POV. But I found my tears, joy, anger, pride and love equally emoted for all characters and not just Dean (or his responses to the others).

The family dynamic you've established in the LaSalle Pack is still so wonderfully balanced and heartwarming at every turn. I also greatly admire the way they are so protective of the den of bears 'next door' and think that it's wonderful how that protectiveness extends to other packs, and other allies as well. I am confident they would not want Pastor Jim, Bobby or any of Lenore's nest who've shown them help to be caught up on this mess with John. While I don't necessarily agree with their concept that everyone else is safer if they are simply no where around, (look at what happened to Jim) I do respect them for trying to take on John with just the three of them.

I have to say that I'd inadvertently seen the summary for part 3, so I do feel a little cheated about the big reveal here at the end of this story, but I am still very excited about the next book, and it's no ones fault but my own that I wasn't paying attention and ruined the surprise for myself.

Thanks for writing.
klu chapter 18 . 6/4/2014
I had my own giggles (won't call it a 'fit' but it was very close to earning that designation) picturing Dean waking up on a 'recliner' comprised of live werebear... One with the personality and caring nature of the darling Andy asking if he's OK and Dean just gruffly saying the situation is making him uncomfortable... Rude. (But, funny) Tobius should be ashamed at his son's manners.

This thing with Jake, the silver sword, Azazel, his blood, the hell gates and the demon's whole convoluted explanation of it all... it just seems way too... well, ridiculous, yes? What bothers me the most is that fact that amongst it all, no one ever did raise the question (especially and pointedly to Bobby) 'We're debating if the almost certain adverse effects are worth the risk - but how do we even know there would be ANY helpful benefit at ALL? Demons lie all the time and it seems that the concept that demonic blood would have an 'antihistamine' property in werewolves is kind of a stretch..." They already have something that works like that - Tobius has used it After Sam's been poisoned with silver; is there any way of using it beforehand? I think those would have been good questions/topics for a convo before Sam drugged everyone and took off.
klu chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
I just recently re-watched the Max Miller and Andy/Ansem episodes. I still love Andy's character - so sweet and providing Sam with hope that just because his 'gift' came from an evil place, it didn't mean he would be evil. When Sam said to Andy "I don't get it, You can get anything - yet you live in a van, man..." And lovable Andy simply looked baffled, saying "Yeah, but... I have everything I need." tilting his head, almost like it was a question back to Sam.
I like how here you didn't go into that much detail about those episodes, but Sam's portrayal of Andy was more like how Dean saw Andy at the end of that episode: "He's a hero, Sam. He saved Tracy, he saved me."

This story already shows all the promise of the last one, so I'm just going to go ahead and press the 'favorite' button now. Thanks for writing.
BruisedBloodyBroken chapter 24 . 5/27/2014
so .. book 3 it is.
girl, I'd wish I could write like you do ...
i'm looking out for it.
LeeMarieJack chapter 17 . 9/24/2013
Home with the were bears is warm and friendly. Poor Sam, so much rests on him and he is still so young. Difficult to judge the right path at that time I life. Sometimes the learning process can be so painful.
LeeMarieJack chapter 16 . 9/24/2013
I liked this chapter although the trek through the mountain pass was painful. I know I'm late and slow but there is only so much of me to go around these days.
LeeMarieJack chapter 15 . 8/31/2013
The visit with the home pack established for me the meaning of some of the societal structures of this universe. Nice to see the acceptance by the pack and the mirror images of Sam and Dean in the young pups.
LeeMarieJack chapter 14 . 8/31/2013
I liked the feeling of Dean and Sam being connected to something larger than just their little pack. The mere existence of the non-lunar pack in the forest exposes them to the demands of a larger society and allows them to measure themselves against a more varied tapestry of personalities.