Reviews for Viaticum
InfinityMars chapter 1 . 11/21/2014
This moved me in profound ways. Les Mis is one of my favorite books and Enjolras is such a compelling force of nature. Bravo!
Clueless-Major chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
This was really beautiful, and I feel that it really fits with the time period that Les Mis was set in. while I don't think Enjolras was a devout Catholic, I thought he did have faith in God or at the least was well versed in the Bible ( most scholars at the time had to be). Thank you for sharing this, I sometimes forget that Enjolras is just a man. It's so easy to seem as this "god-like" Apollo or marble man, but this one-shot really humanizes him, without compromising his convictions. Great one-shot!
Aphrodite-Venus-u.k chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
Wonderful story! I think you wrote his character very well. I also liked how this came around full circle. Great work!
Harmony'sLoveHP chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
Wonderful story. I enjoyed every bit of it, although I think you should do the father's take of General Lamarque's funeral. It would be interesting to see what you would come up with. :) Nevertheless, loved the story :)
shieldmaiden19 chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
Wow. This was quite the interesting viewpoint. It was very well written and it captured Enjolras really well. I enjoyed this a lot :)
SunWillRise2340 chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
This is beautiful. I love the way you've captured Enjolras' character, and how he hadn't been to confession for twelve years, but came back the day before the barricade. I love the conversation with the priest, and's beautiful. Great work, very well written! :)
Marzipan chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
This moved me. Enjolras is such a passionate character. I hated to see him die. Especially in the movie. I died.x) the book described him do well. I always imagined him how you wrote him in the confessional.
TheFrenchDollar chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
everydreamforthefuture chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Beautiful; just absolutely beautiful!
Eponine Enjolras chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
I love it! Enjolras seemed more human as I read on. I nearly cried when I read the last sentence. It breaks my heart. I cannot imagine the reaction of the priest when he sees the young revolutionary who confessed to him last night waving a red flag on La Marque's burial car. Heartbreaking it is /3
SilverRose1313 chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
I love the way you portrayed Enjolras. Truly a great story.
Bal8rokstar chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
This was absolutely beautiful.
tealeaf on the wind chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
This actually made me cry. Such a beautiful and poignant ending. :) I love reading lighter Amis stories, and usually steer away from the more depressing, near or on the barricade stories. But rather than depress, this story lifts the spirit, while still being exquisitely sad. Amazing job!
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
This was beautiful! I tried writing something like this once, consigned it to the failures bin, and then totally forgot about the idea until now. You did it so much more justice. By making Enjolras more human, you just managed to also make him all the more beautiful. I can see this happening so clearly. And the fact that he isn't apologizing for what he is doing, merely asking forgiveness is so perfectly in character. That last few lines just broke my heart. Overall a brilliant story! You should be very proud.
Rosenkavalier chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
"After all, he had to be up early the next day, it was General Lamarque's funeral mass, and he had to be there to help give out communion."

Ooh... I teared up at that. This priest is awesome, almost as awesome as Myriel. "My boy—those are six out of the seven deadly sins! I don't suppose you intend to confess to all of them!"

Beautifully written. Even Enjolras has sins, just goes to show he's human. A lot of people see him as a god, but he strikes me as being a robot. In all seriousness, this is a unique interpretation of Enjolras. I myself don't particularly like him all too much. I love your portrayal; even Enjolras has his doubts, and you showed that well.