Reviews for Heed the Siren's Call
Inkwell of Stars chapter 17 . 4/13
Oh gods this pairing I've never considered it but it's perfect and your story's beautiful. I think you made me fall in love with Shanks.

Thanks for the wonderful story!
LoveGlutton chapter 3 . 1/7
Frail yet beautiful
Ysaye chapter 17 . 12/12/2014
Sweet! I totally loved his departure, return and new departure, all from Makinos view. Would really Love to Know if Makis baby in the manga also is actually Shanks' kid...

Thanks for your wonderful Story!

Lg, Ysaye
CordiallyYours chapter 17 . 12/12/2014
I am now a fan of your writing. Yes, the story is a romantic one, but its bittersweet, and (remembering that chapter - the baby had to be Shank's, right?) realistic, true to the character's personalities. In any case, i admire your writing skills (hoping I will be anywhere near-) and you gained a new fan!
Lady Syndra chapter 17 . 11/30/2014
Aw man, I hope you have a sequel. It's so sad
13kuroineko chapter 10 . 9/20/2014
At the AN: Oh you have no idea how much it stabbed me before long, like, really really long, from the moment I read your MihawkBoa fic for the first time. So yeah, I'm officially an undead now.
A Beauty that's a Beast chapter 17 . 9/21/2014
I just stumbled across this story and loved it so much! I've loved this pairing from the start and I really do hope they end up together. Absolutely love that you decided to name the baby Ace, it's too cute! I really hope you decide to write more about this pair because I love them so much!
13kuroineko chapter 8 . 9/19/2014
Finally reaching half and my otome heart could explode any moment, like, I don't know I'll stay alive or not against the moebetes overdose at the end of this, GOD you're good! But well, only in a time like this I could actually stock one or two inspiring fluffy scenes for my own story plot, lol. Thank you, dear! :'DD
13kuroineko chapter 6 . 9/19/2014
Yeah, this is it. The sweetness of your male character's portrait had already got me moebetes so many times by now, yet I still felt no regret. Oh yes, this is what I'm waiting for. Please let my otome heart soak in bliss for a moment...
13kuroineko chapter 5 . 9/19/2014
Aww poor Makino :( Everything's progressing nicely I feel excited myself oh boy :DDD
13kuroineko chapter 4 . 9/19/2014
Oh Shanks Shanks Shanks Shanks :*
13kuroineko chapter 3 . 9/19/2014
Oh you've outdone yourself again, my dear. This is the 3rd time I read your fic and just like the others, I feel no regret *is in bliss* Your portrait of Shanks and Makino was soooooo purrfect I could cry so-much-feel tears here TT_TT Bless you and your writing skill!
TheGumGumWriter chapter 17 . 8/1/2014
This story was AMAZING.

It made me laugh. It made me cry. It made me feel all the emotions I normally feel when I read One Piece or watch the anime.

First off, your OCs Emiko & Suzume feel COMPLETELY at home in the OP Universe, it doesn't feel like you shoehorned them in at all and they do nothing but add to the story.

Second, your references to characters & events in the main OP storyline is so perfect. You demonstrate an incredible knowledge of the source material and use it with ease, without letting it get in the way of telling your story.

The way you wrote, it felt like I was experiencing One Piece from Makino's eyes.

I'm just gonna be straight up and say this, you NEED to consider finding a way of sending this to Oda or Shonen Jump because this story is too good to simply stay on a forum somewhere. Just sayin'

I literally could go on & on about this story, but I'm going to stop here and say, please, don't stop writing!

You have a gift.

And take your time with your follow up story, I'd love to see how you weave in the world of One Piece and I'd personally like it you had more material to work with.
Fluffymausi-chan chapter 17 . 7/3/2014
Hello there :)

I just finished your story and I have to admit that it was really great! It got me hooked from the beginning till the end and even though I had exams, whenever I got home, I had to read a chapter before studying, just to know what would happen next. But enough of my blabbering, I was thinking what I should write in my review and here is the outcome:

What I liked? The characters. Simply. You made them so IC I sometimes had the impression it was Oda writing it (which was impossible, given the fact that there is next to no romance in One Piece). I could see it clearly before my eyes how Makino and Shanks met, how they fell in love and the long wait.
It was always a heartache whenever Shanks left, the time he lost his arm and when they had to part. I cannot say there were no tears as I used a whole packet on handkerchiefs while reading a chapter. :') (especially the one where Garp found out!)
But what amazed me the most was the seriousness of your tale. Sure, there were a lot of funny banters between Shanks, Makino and Ben (which were besond funny :)) but there was always the heavy truth that a man bound to the sea (and wanted with his bounty) would always belong on a ship. It was a sad story, especially the part about Emiko and Jirou. I wondered what role Garp had played in the tale of Emiko, as it had to be something important given his heavy statement of waiting for a man that will never come back.
Somethings as for example Makinos forwardness were really funny, as I could never imagine her kissing him first as I thought her always too shy (what you also pictured in your story) but it gave her character much more depth. Also, the whole novel-subject fitted the story great and I would love to read a novel from Makino about a stupid smiling captain with red hair and unseasonal clothing. :)
Another thing that I liked was the depth you gave certain characters. People often tend to write only about the main characters and no matter how thrilling, cute or sad it is, I think it requires a lot of writing talent to weave the side characters in the story to help the plot. I loved Ben, Garp and Luffy, but especially Ben and Garp. :)
Oh man, I am writing too much :D
All in all, I think I made myself clear that I truthfully enjoyed your story and I would love to read some more about this pairing, as it was one of my favourite ones, as I first watched/read One Piece. But I would like another story and not a continuiation from this one, as I see this story finished with a fitting ending (and I really hope that the cover of that chapter where Makino is holding her baby, is because she is together with Shanks). All in all, thank you for the superb story and keep up the good work!

Have a nice day :)
Your FMC
xlunatica chapter 17 . 6/24/2014
Oh man, I don't usually sit my way through entire romance centred multi-chapter stories, but this was so well written and so realistic I honestly couldn't stop (and being one of the only two couples I actually ship in this fandom helped quite a bit as well). The way you wrote the character interactions was beautiful, and the incorporation of you cliched and slightly corny (sorry!) little stories, especially the one about the sirens, matched the theme of the story and title perfectly. This was sheer perfection, although I always liked to imagine that Luffy was the reason Shanks kept coming back, regardless of how epic this pairing is.