Reviews for Heed the Siren's Call
HappyH chapter 17 . 3/29
I have to say that this is one of my favorite stories ever. I've read this at least 10 times now and I always come back. Just like Makino loves her book as old friends, I feel the same way about this story. So much love for your writing! And I hope you're doing well. :-)
EthelRain chapter 5 . 12/12/2016
Why am I smiling in chapter 5/V?
AllOtherNamesHaveBeenTaken chapter 17 . 10/11/2016
My god. I'm crying. Seriously. It's one of the most beutiful, bitter-sweet stories I ever read. I've never been a great fan of this ship, but your fanfic definitely convinced me otherwise.
It's so incredibly well written and I can not thank you enough for this. You have a talent for writing and I hope you know it.
I shall never stop hoping that those two will end up together!
Guest chapter 17 . 9/21/2016
this was so good I loved every second of it, the end was so sweet and heart-breaking but also perfect gah amazing seriously
snickermoon814 chapter 17 . 8/17/2016
Well this was an absolute masterpiece that I enjoyed every second of. It's currently 2 am and I have a flight to catch at 9 am but here I am, writing a review for a story that I read in one sitting when I should most definitely be asleep. You gave such life to this story and characters, even the ones we barely know anything about, your writing was exquisitely beautiful, and I don't really know what else to say because words don't really do this story justice. All I can say is thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for writing what I consider to be one of the best One Piece stories out there.
sillykar18 chapter 17 . 8/3/2016
Just as I thought, an amazing well-written story. It had me shed quite a few tears as you got the emotions spot on. I love Shanks/Makino. I truly hope that baby is Shanks haha It would make sense. I enjoyed your romance story very much. If anything, it could be part of the actual anime because that's how fitting I think it is lol Thank you for the great story, I truly enjoyed it to the fullest (:
sillykar18 chapter 7 . 8/3/2016
I must say I'm enjoying your story so far! Such a well written story and I appreciate the good grammar. I love how you build up Makino's feelings and how she expresses them. You go into detail which not many authors I read from do too often as it might lose the readers interest, but I certainly don't mind. I was so happy Makino was able to break her chain and go to Shanks in the last chapter! I look forward to reading the rest. Just wanted to let you know the fic is already amazing so far (:
Vicin1ty0f0bscenity chapter 1 . 7/18/2016
I love this story so much I remember reading it a while back but only recently found it again. I had to put my phone down every now and again to scream with happiness lol! Shanks and Makino are the only couple I actually ship on One Piece, so thank you so much for writing this I enjoyed it lots! Xx
Guest chapter 10 . 7/15/2016
God this story makes me weak at the knees haha
leedarlene.jl chapter 1 . 4/19/2016
First, this story became my inspiration to make my very first story! I am absolutely thankful I saw and read this fanfiction! It was extremely beautiful and well written. It's like literally from a book, those from the libraries. This is my favorite and I would like to send you a message regarding including this to my story that I am about to publish on Wattpad soon.
Guest chapter 17 . 4/17/2016
OMG ! I read this in one day and I just love it 333 You did a fantastic job with this story. One of the most beautiful things about this story is the baby's 's just beautiful and I love you for giving him that name. Thank you so much for this beautifully romantic, funny and lovely story!
9momentos chapter 1 . 1/26/2016
I realized I have never reviewed this story, despite being one of my favorite fanfics ever.
Just for starters, the pairing: I like this pairing so much that in my mind is almost canon (and unless Oda comes to me explain it in person, that baby is Shank's).
Then the story is just simply sweet; is a story of a first love that matures into an epic love; there were so many moments in which I felt like squealing with Makino.
Guest chapter 17 . 12/29/2015
Best thing ever
Seor chapter 17 . 11/23/2015
twice, TWICE i had to put my phone down and just let the emotions run through me. i miss ace so much too, and i really cant think of a more honourable and touching way of remembering him than the name youve decided on. like one piece itself, theres always such pain and loss and the heaviness of life behind these characters thoughts and interactions, but even more apparent is their resilience and hope and faith in one another and in their future

also damn, ten years without sex is a loooong time for a sexual person xD
Seor chapter 16 . 11/23/2015
i love how you pull in the threads of all these characters, the ones from canon that you fleshed out (i love how you've crafted the psychological effects the events of the story have on them, it's just so authentic) and ones you created from scratch. its just good storytelling all in all