Reviews for Heed the Siren's Call
dianalillian chapter 17 . 7/8
What a gem! Thank you for this story.
ButterflyAlley chapter 17 . 7/8
Beautiful! So wonderful! I will find this on AO3
dianalillian chapter 3 . 7/8
A brilliant first encounter! Love it :)
ButterflyAlley chapter 10 . 7/2
I have never in my life been so swooned by a love scene. This romance is SINFUL. How will I go on once it’s all read?
Neemarishima chapter 9 . 4/9
Oh yes finally! The kind of romance I'm looking for! Moreover it is Shanks and Makino's! I think this is what every fan of Shanks-Makino should have read because your characterization is perfect. You portrayed Makino as a clever and steady young barmaid for good. I love their first encounter was both nerve wrecking (a pirate in a backwster port. what reaction you expect) and amusing (Makino and her skill in bantering should be canon, immediately). And because of that I can't accuse the Red Hair pirates to like her. Their slow but quite progressive romance tells in a good way, their interactions are tense and yes, don't we all need to see Shanks like this. The other characters are also tells in good portions. I love your Ben too. Of course the first mate has to be both caring and watching over the captain, and here he is.
I really enjoyed it and will check your other works in AO3. Thank you so much for the story!
Guest chapter 17 . 8/9/2018
Hope you can update this one with the AO3 stuff! I'd love to see what you've added!
Sucker for shipping chapter 1 . 3/14/2018
Ah, reading the story again is amazing! When I was scrolling through Shanks x Makino fanfics, I almost screamed when I saw this story XD
Bloozi chapter 1 . 12/29/2017
So heartwarming. By far the best One Piece story I've read. The conversation between characters detail their personality so well and everything just fits. I can completely imagine it because their personalities don't seem out of character to me at all. I loved it. I read it multiple times. Thank you for the great story.
IpiuGate chapter 17 . 6/12/2017
Shanks would be as much of a sentimental sap as you claim yourself to be. I ship these two so hard. Who else would Makino choose? She's met pirates and marines and bandits, a farmer or shopkeeper would be boring. I love this
HappyH chapter 17 . 3/29/2017
I have to say that this is one of my favorite stories ever. I've read this at least 10 times now and I always come back. Just like Makino loves her book as old friends, I feel the same way about this story. So much love for your writing! And I hope you're doing well. :-)
EthelRain chapter 5 . 12/12/2016
Why am I smiling in chapter 5/V?
AllOtherNamesHaveBeenTaken chapter 17 . 10/11/2016
My god. I'm crying. Seriously. It's one of the most beutiful, bitter-sweet stories I ever read. I've never been a great fan of this ship, but your fanfic definitely convinced me otherwise.
It's so incredibly well written and I can not thank you enough for this. You have a talent for writing and I hope you know it.
I shall never stop hoping that those two will end up together!
Guest chapter 17 . 9/21/2016
this was so good I loved every second of it, the end was so sweet and heart-breaking but also perfect gah amazing seriously
snickermoon814 chapter 17 . 8/17/2016
Well this was an absolute masterpiece that I enjoyed every second of. It's currently 2 am and I have a flight to catch at 9 am but here I am, writing a review for a story that I read in one sitting when I should most definitely be asleep. You gave such life to this story and characters, even the ones we barely know anything about, your writing was exquisitely beautiful, and I don't really know what else to say because words don't really do this story justice. All I can say is thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for writing what I consider to be one of the best One Piece stories out there.
sillykar18 chapter 17 . 8/3/2016
Just as I thought, an amazing well-written story. It had me shed quite a few tears as you got the emotions spot on. I love Shanks/Makino. I truly hope that baby is Shanks haha It would make sense. I enjoyed your romance story very much. If anything, it could be part of the actual anime because that's how fitting I think it is lol Thank you for the great story, I truly enjoyed it to the fullest (: