Reviews for Five Birthdays
No Fate 1990 chapter 1 . 1/7/2015
I wish John had more birthdays
Amilyn chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
This is awesome. I love every one of these, from John's birth to the meeting with Charley, to Sarah's disappointment over ohm's handling of the mess with Cameron. Nice work throughout.
No Fate 1990 chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
I enjoyed reading this :)
R. Daneel Olivaw chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
This is great stuff and very much in keeping with my view of the franchise. Just wanted to say I will be reading the rest of your fanfic, and have heard about Snowbound and will try to acquire that as well.
PrincessLuna chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
We must say that thou present quite the interesting piece of writing. Thou hath done marvelously at portraying the characters, and even though thou depict mostly scenery already seen throughout the series and movies, it retains a certain quality of freshness and allure.
Searching for Serenity chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
A great job! I found the second birthday particularly interesting since I've always been curious about John's early years. In T2 John talks about his mom shacking up with various guys, and considering the company she was keeping at that time, it's really not surprising that one of them would end up being abusive. My favorite birthday was the fourth one, when John meets Charley, since that one seemed to be the happiest for both John and Sarah. I love your stories about Sarah and John's past, and while I understand your reluctance to continue this series with "Five Easters", etc, I hope that you'll continue to share your take on Sarah and John's past in some form in your future stories!
elisabethjj chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Wow. Funny, heartbreaking, frustrating, heartwarming... this is a beautiful piece of work. The evolution through the starkly different parts of John's young life is seamless and, even more than when watching the show, it drives home how Sarah is the unchanging constant for him, throughout. Everything that happens with Cameron and Derek is so darkly underscored by what has come before. Sarah and John's relationship is deep and messy, loving but often quite unpleasant, and I think you have captured that in an evocative and understated way. This universe is so complex and rich, it is always lovely to see what different people draw from it. Thanks so much for sharing! :-) E
ljm chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
This was different.I liked it.