Reviews for The Plight of the Air Nomads
Guest chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Aang did technically kill in wartime., he did take lives of both people and animals. During the siege of the Northern Water Tribe, Aang merged himself with the ocean spirit to form a gigantic white veined fishlike being in communion with Aang. Aang was entrapped within an iridescent sphere of energy within its form as he was its life force and acted as the command centre to direct the spirit monster's actions and reactions. He waved his arms at entire firebending squardons and simply swept them away. they obviously would have drowned, firebenders or infantry. Even the ones with the ability to firebend wouldn't have survived. Their komodo rhinoceros mounts would drown as well.

Then the spirit flowed through the city canals and out of the wall through the drainiaghe system before reforming out at sea. A warship fired a projectile at it but it absorbed the strike with noi effect, then it lashed out in a slicing motion and cut through the deck tower of the flagship, collapsing wreckage onto the deck and destroying the ship catapults. You're telling me no one was caught in the rubble or inside those floors when the spirit ripped up the bridge tower and collapsed it?

Then Aang jerked the spirit into action again and it raised its arms, forming a huge tsunami wave which upended many vessels and pushed the rest far out to sea. You're telling me no one tumbled overboard or died from being thrown back as gargantuan steel imperial warships, weighing thousands of tonnes, hurtled out to sea like toys? And all the soldiers and crew members aboard the sunken vessels must have drowned.

Later on when Aang entered the Avatar State at the base of General Fong and formed a spinning dirt vortex around himself then lifted himself into the air atop a whirling column of wind and dirt. He blasted hurricane force wind that hurled the general backwards like a then slammed his vortex into the ground, blasting dirt and debris in all directions. A powerful shockwave ripped through the ground and infantry soldiers were hurled into the air like rag dolls.

They would definitely been killed in the fall. Soldiers and ostrich horses would have been thrown against the sheer concrete walls encircling the base. The impact would have killed them. The shockwave struck the small wooden and brick buildings around the training field, cracking them apart and throwing debris, including huge stone discs, into the roofs and walls. There's no way the people inside could have survived the destruction.

After his bison manatee hybrid, Appa, was kidnapped in the desert, he became enraged, temperamental and hostile. They made their way to an enormous rock in the centre of the desert that was inhabited by predatory buzzard wasp hybrids. One of them snatched up his winged lemur, MoMo, and flew off clutching MoMo in its clawed feet. Aang opened up his hang-glider and launched off in pursuit. He caught up to the creature and dipped underneath it then turned his glider upside down before blasting wind at the creature, forcing it to drop his pet, the lemur fell but gained control and started flying alongside his master.

Aang and Momo dropped down and landed on the sand. Aang whirled his glider, shutting it. Then he viciously launched a huge airbending attack at the retreating creature, clearly slicing its body into two pieces which fell to the sand with a dull thump. He sliced the buzzard wasp in two even though he had saved his lemur already. He then stalked off. Even the lemur was frightened by his master's merciless actions.

I'm not saying Aang is sadistic or murderous or evil. In each of these situations, he did what was necessary or cracked under unbelievable emotional strain. I think Aang is great. But he has taken lives, both animals, and people.
SwampTreader chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
this was very very good and teo!? no!
DERPmerp chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Imma go take Clorox shots now. bai
P.A.W.07 chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Depressing, but I'm glad someone finally made a fic about this. The temples have to be haunted. Just have to be with all the violent deaths there. Glad you made a fic that centered around it. Though... I can't help but wonder. Who cleaned up all the bones in the other temples?
Fell's Blessing chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Oh my God...this was just chilling and horrific. Poor Teo. Wow...this has got to be one of the most intense fanfics I've read...
yourcloudnine chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
WHOA...

AWESOME!
JeneyaStorm chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
so how did he put them to est anyways?
Hellas chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Uhm... wow...

Kinda reminded me of Dragon Age: Origins (game) with the partial possession thingie.

As to your boyfriend or lack thereof... Those relationships take up way too much time. But that's just me.

Good lil story :)
Dilanith chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Pretty exciting. It has something I can't explain... Mystic? I liked it.