Reviews for Reason for Hope
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
I really, really like this one. And the back and forth you were able to fit in. The conversation was absolutely wonderful and it was nice to see them working together and backing each other up... even though there was a lot of doubt at this point in the show.

Loved seeing Dean stand eye to eye with Lucifer, and the way the brothers kept on taking turns telling him off and protecting each other. :)
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Great fic, loved the way you had Lucifer be able to invade Sam in his dreams with the knife wound with demon blood and that as Dean had been cut too he had a ring side seat. Great brotherliness and having each others backs, along with the doubt and hope and perfect the way to banish Lucifer again, with the dagger being destroyed and an incantation that will sever the link.
Awesome.
KlutzyHanyou chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Great way to link Sam and Lucifer together... blood bond. I loved having Dean there as back-up!
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
Well I do not know how I missed this one but I did and I am glad I came back to your profile to look over your stories again. Awesome. I loved what Dean did. I could just see Luci face when Dean stood by his brother. Great work.
crimsonlipsivoryskin chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
aw, awesome. again.
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
Good job with Lucifer's voice - very close to canon I think. And a very interesting interpretation of why Lucifer was able to visit Sam that one time but didn't again. Well done:-)
123kat chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
I so love your take on this story. I love it when the brothers come together. Please keep writing.
Zatnikatel chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
I read this when it first popped up in my inbox and never had time to review! Bad Kate.

Love the tag-team exorcism, very reminiscent of what we saw in S,I and very suggestive of the brothers working together but I also love how you very cleverly have it all go horribly wrong and it's almost like a subtext indicating that they aren't really in harmony with each other at all, so very believable in the context of what we were seeing on Show. It's almost a case of the flesh being willing but the spirit being weak... they just aren't *reading* each other because of all the tension. Does that make sense?

Sam having to struggle against the demon blood is very powerful and I think apart form the Famine episode Show really has let his struggle slide. I would love to see a conversation WRT how easy it would be for him to slip back and use the powers [for good] in their ongoing struggle, because heck, why not do it the easy way? But of course he maybe feels he can't talk about it. And in pretty much ignoring that temptation, Show kinda ignores how far he has come and how damned heroic he has been.

I love, love the dream sequence and how together the brothers are in it and there is a sort of symmetry to WtLB, only this time Sam chooses Dean. I love how Dean steps in when Sam is struck dumb with fear, and how he gives Sam time to gather himself, and then he steps in front of Dean. Beautiful... but scary too. They are each other's weakness after all, and this is chilling in that context:

"Or what, Sam?" Lucifer crossed his arms, his expression bemused. "What exactly will you do if I hurt Dean?"

Especially with Sam then picking it up in his question about what might make them say yes, and the way Sam can tell Dean is lying when he denies thinking about it... the battle between hope and doubt indeed.

Great piece, hon... so much in there between the lines...

;-)
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Great fic
Madebyme chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
I'm delighted to be able to read this, finally catching up on some the fics that I've set aside until certain episodes air! And I have to say your fics are cherished, I always know I'm in for treat.

The premise here, with the dagger and tracker was awesome! A very plausible and effective way to explain Lucifer's presence. And great touch too with having Dean get infected and able to join in the conversation - it was nice to see the brother's stand up to Lucifer, side by side as a team (wishful thinking you say? Maybe, but it sure is what I wanted to see so thank you!)

The action and fight sequences in the opening scene were punchy and fast paced and I enjoyed how the boys finished each others sentences as they carried out the exorcism, in complete unison as they work together.

Of course, the h/c was the icing on the cake - Sam's 'Ow's' and Dean's orders. But I guess what really stuck out for me here, the little detail that I adored were Dean's fighting words ("No. No sense wasting energy on crap that's never gonna happen.") and Sam's acceptance of them, wanting to will them into the truth as he fears what the future will hold. Perfect little touch to end the story.

Thoroughly entertaining and well written fic! Who knows what will happen, I've heard things are getting dark again but that's often when the show shines for me, not wanting to watch but knowing I can't turn away! Hope to see more from you soon. Take care, Abbi
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Great story and very good concept for how Lucifer gets into Sam's dream.

I'm not sure if the boys have hit rock bottom yet.. very very close.

Knowing there's a season 6 means they get together at SOME point.

I am very excited for how they will deal with the big battle. I don't have any spoilers..so it's just my ideas.. but I believe they will say yes.. at least Dean will. And somehow he will be returned unscathed.

thanks so much.
jenilee chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Great story and I really loved the idea behind the blade and blood allowing Lucifer a way to contact Sam. Very cool.

Ah wonderful, caring boys. I have not given up hope that we will have them back like this again. Nicely done.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Clever idea! I guess I'd assumed Lucifer had visited Sam more than the two times we saw, but this definitely works. And it's good to see Dean playing backup. I miss that this season, so thank you.
badaiwind chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
I like :D
Katy M VT chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Thanks for the hope. You're right, after last week we do need it.