Reviews for Reason for Hope
zuimar chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Great one-shot! I'm so curious to find out how season 5 will end, I've got absolutely no clue. But until then I can entertain myself with reading nice fics, like yours. Good job, as always!
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
okay I loved this...good job
ncis-lady chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
I loved this! I don't know how you do it but everything you make the boys do, or say, or think, it just fits. Totally in character (and that's for all characters incl. Luci and others), that's a rare thing to find. I mean, some people are really good at describing Dean, others are better at writing about Sam, but you manage to find just the right words for all characters.

As for this story, you know I'm always up for a bit of h/c *hehe* so this was a nice Easter egg filled with some hurt, lots of comfort and a pinch of brotherly (non-slash!) love. With what happened in the last episodes I'm getting more and more anxious that the boys won't be able to stand against Michael and Luci, I've got this feeling in my gut that the season will end with one - or both - of them saying Yes. And it's stories like this that bring back that sparkle of hope that somehow those two men will be strong. "I've got your back, Dean, just like you've got mine. As long as we do that…Lucifer, Michael…they can't get to us. Right?" That sums it up perfectly - they have to stick together to make it through this. Together we stand, divided we fall, there's some truth in that.

Great story, keep 'em coming! :)

Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Really enjoyed this! Great writing, great ideas, great storyline. Awesome work!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Thanks for sharing your story with us. I needed some hope after last weeks episode, I can see why Sam and especially Dean are feeling hopeless. I want to believe that Kripke will find a way for the brothers to beat Lucifer and Michael, but will admit a part of me worries, since I still remember what Kripke did in episode 3:16 and that almost ruined the show for me, even though we did get an awesome season four opener.

You did a wonderful job writing the brothers in this story. I enjoyed the hunt and of course some hurt Dean and Sam, but really love how they worked together to finish the job. That was perfect.

It was so nice to have Dean taking care of Sam and having Sam worried about Dean's injuries, those are the brothers we remember. I loved your story twist, Dean was able to show up in Sam's dream when Lucifer came to visit. It was so cool, because the brothers could continue to draw strength from each other to say no and be in the fight together.

Thanks again for sharing your story with us. I enjoyed reading it.
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Absolutely brilliant and exciting writing. Loved that you stayed in canon but still let your wishes take flight and give us what we needed so much - a strong Dean that has Sam's back and in turn making Sam strong to have his. Definitely awesome. Loved the brotherly interaction and the storyline. Hugs, Vonnie
Harrigan chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Yay! I can't say much more - because this turns out to have some surprising similarities to something I am working on. So I'll just squee about the Latin, and the boys being smart and working as a team, and having a little hope!

(And of course, a little well-written h/c is *always* welcome, too!)
carocali chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Oh my God, this is brilliant! And so much more than I'd hoped for! Way to grab a prompt! Just fantastic! I love when an author thinks SO outside the box and makes a fascinating tale of intrigue. The knife with the blood? Genius! Sam feels it pulsing through his veins! And Dean came along for the ride. Oh, so wonderful!

In addition, they got to tell Lucifer to shove it, together - the way it should be!

Love this exchange:

"I won't say yes." Sam fought to steady his voice. "Doesn't matter how many times you ask."

"So you insist." Lucifer sat down on the end of Sam's bed. "But I believe differently."

"No." A shiver ran through Sam that had nothing to do with the temperature in the room.

Lucifer's smile returned. "You're strong, Sam. Together, we-"

"There is no we." Sam spat out the words. "And never will be."

"You tell him, Sammy."

Sam looked over his shoulder. Dean was sitting up on his bed, his eyes locked on Lucifer.

Lucifer stood up, his smile widening. "This was meant to be a private conversation."

"I'll just bet it was." Dean pushed himself off the bed to stand beside Sam.

Sam stared incredulously at his brother. "I'm dreaming, right?"

"Yeah. But thanks to Lucifer's clumsy lapdog," Dean tapped the bandage that now wrapped his right forearm, "I get to crash this party."

I cannot thank you enough for this wonderful piece! I'm so excited that you took it ran. This is so much more than I'd hoped for! You are amazing!

geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I hitnk a little hope is exactly what the doctor ordered, so thanks for giving us the boys together, a team, caring about each other and taking care of each other. Am sure I'm not alone in saying that's all I really want. Love the idea of the demon blood as a tracking device and Sam's adamance in having Dean pull the knife out so he won't be tainted again. The holy water was a great touch, as was the effect of Dean being able to be with Sam in his dream. Facing Lucifer alone is something not even a strong person could relish.
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Guh... This was perfect. There are no other words for it!

TraSan chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
The problem with Lucifer is he is the Great Deceiver. Why would anyone say yes to him, but they have (starting with Eve).

He's a sly, but convincing, dog. Luckily this go around Dean is with Sam, so I'd say Lucifer's chances were practically zero from the get-go!

I can't see Sam saying yes, at this point, but who knows what Kripke and company have in store for our brothers yet.

So, I can easily see him trying something like this to try to get into Sam's head. I think his best chance lies in confusing and tormenting the heck out of him, but he's been a quiet little devil since Death as far as we've been allowed to see.

Loved when Dean mockingly chastizes Sam for his language in the church and then in the very next breath swears at him when he tries to stand up. LOL.

Love the brotherly caring, the GENUINE caring, that you managed to eek out for our favorite brothers and I must commend you (yet again) for keeping such an awesome balance between the two of them. An even view is hard enough to find these days more or less an even pen.

Thank you for that. And thank you for another great story!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Wonderful! Such a great big story in such a little form. It's amazing, what you come up with. Great work. As far as the season goes, I see it getting a lot worse before it gets better. And I do hope it gets better. Pretty bleak now, what with Dean throwing away the amulet and Castiel, the disillusioned angel.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Well done, my dear! Nice bit of h/c and angst over the Lucifer/Michael thing. :D

I think we have hope as your title suggests. Really anxious to see how all this is going to play out, though.

Very cool fic. Nicely done. :)
Sue Pokorny chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Great story. I really enjoyed the interaction between Dean and Lucifer. Very true to character - well at least before Dark Side of the Moon.

I can't imagine what could make Sam say yes. Why would a person say yes to the devil, knowing it was the devil? I can see reasons that could compel Dean to say yes - Michael is an angel and he said he wouldn't leave him a slobbering mess, and despite the possible danger to humanity, technically he is a good guy, right? no reason to doubt his word. But Lucifer? He would never let Sam live. Saying yes would mean Sam would cease to exist and all human life on earth would likely cease also. Including Dean. So even if he was forced to say yes even to save Dean's life, he'd still be killing him. So I can't think of one good reason for Sam to agree.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I enjoyed the story and thank you for posting!

deangirl1 chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I liked this look at the struggle the boys are going through and you did a wonderful job of weaving it into canon - loved the idea of tying the connection to blood - that really worked for me. I think the brothers are going to be torn apart - again - but I am positive that they will defeat Lucifer - and Michael - even if they have to set a trap and say yes. I'm positive Kripke will bring them back together for us, before he leaves them and us - just not before 5.22... I think the next 6 episodes are going to be very difficult - but so worth it! And I'm quietly tightening my choices for who is going to be God - I'm thinking, Bobby, JDM, or Kripke - My hubby is betting (or at least hoping) for Missouri!
38 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »