Reviews for The Heart of the Matter
pinkmama1 chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
LOL I so love the ending. It's so funny. It's a very sweet story too.
JMHaughey chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
LOOOOVE this!

She paused for greater emphasis, cast a dark look at Booth, Brennan and Angela, and then added in the sternest tone she could manage, "And just so we're clear, I'm the boss here, so I'm the one who gets to tell Sweets."
nelliesbones chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
This was a re-read, but I'm not sure if I've ever reviewed it. I really like this piece. You don't dwell on the angst, I truly love your description of Brennan and the end is just plain hilarious and so in character. The M scene could have been more detailed, but I didn't even mind that much. Favorite line: "Somehow, it seemed right that she would kiss like she fought, forceful and passionate and furious..."
TemperTemper chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Wheee! I found you at *dances* I do love an email alert when my favourite authors update *g*

I am indulging in a little unday morning re-reading of your older fic. I adore this one. If only it could have been so simple.
Birth.of.the.Phoenix chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
It's really hard to describe exactly what I love so much in your stories. There are so many things to mention. The way you let actions and the reactions to them speak for your characters; the fact that when they DO speak it's always meaningful, shooting straight into the heart... Your Brennan and Booth feel real: all the pain, the longing, desperation, confusion and of course the deep and complex love which you never "overdo" in writing and that contributes greatly to the sometimes heart-warming, sometimes heart-wrenching effect of your stories.

You're really good with Brennan. From all the stories I've read so far, you're the best at writing her: It's very hard to find the right balance with her character and not fall into the trap of simply making her awkward. Because truth is, there is a very strong logic (emotional as well as scientific) behind her way of thinking. Very often her observations and conclusions are sound, albeit the way she reaches them are more than a little unusual. Yes, she is acting strange, sometimes embarrassingly so, but in a charming and good-hearted way, and if you combine that with her stunning genius brain you get a unique combination that's very hard to re-create... but you did it! You seem to understand her on many levels.

The conversations she has with Booth in this story are dead-on, her misinterpretations and reactions in character, her desperation at trying to understand the situation by analyzing it from all angles very realistic. I especially love the way she ponders her new-found relationship with Booth: how she's trying to categorize and analyze it, only to get scared that she can't. Her disease analogy was probably the most awesome point in the whole story, because that's EXACTLY how she acts and interacts with Booth in canon.

Many people write very good stories, but only few manage to make my heart ache as hard as you do. It's amazing how you evoke emotions with so much ease. I risk saying that you're almost as good at that, as the creators of this whole TV show, which is really something, because the "big heart" in canon made me a fan of 'Bones' in the 1st place. All I can say is 'WOW!'... and I'm not just talking about this story! Each and every one that you wrote has something worth mentioning. Especially 'The Death of Children' and 'The Circle Game', but I guess they're going to be the topic of my fan-squeeing later, because they surely deserve their separate reviews.

Thank you for sharing your stories with us and I hope you're going to write a lot more in the near future!
RositaLG chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
I loved this story! Great job!
Bluestocking Inc chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
How can you make smutty fluffiness this believable and GOOD? Really amazing! I loved it-probably the best BB fic I've ever read.
marylinevelyn chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
I like that the scene starts with a scene that is sharp and painful and could actually be on the show. And then it's like the next part is optional, the what happened after the screen faded out.
sheena lee chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Loved this! I love how you write, it's hard to portray Brennan in an "in love" kind of way, and you did it very well!

Awesome :)
anonymous.individual chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Ahaha.. wow. Awesome :)
etakkate chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
what an awesome story!
Katj21 chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Great story! Not just a great plot, your writing style is very enjoyable. I can't wait for your next fic! :)
ema321 chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
NO! Don't stop there! You have to finish it off! It's too good to be left alone!

xoxo
spark3597 chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
OMG! That. Was. Epic. I really hope you write more fanfics!
bookish327 chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
This is utterly, completely, 100 percent how I hope it all turns out. I don't care if it doesn't look like it will work out exactly this way anymore. I still love your version and want it to come to life. And soon! :-D