Reviews for What They Don't Know Will Hurt Them
Okatusareawesome101 chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
this is a wonderful story I d find it hard to find good manga with female heros that are not hepless and have to be saved.
Shiki105 chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Just one word - awesome. But I feel a little bad for Hibari-san losing to Kyoko XD I wonder how it came about. Was he a gentleman or something? Hard to imagine. My soft spot for the guy doesn't let me envision him being inferior to anyone...aside from Tsuna and Reborn...Maaaaaaaybe D:
taking a leak in your tea chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
/if this double posts, sorry/

Not to be a Debbie - downer, but this story has been bothering me for quiet a while, and I'm just going to spill out my feelings anonymously as to why it bothers me so much:

This story is counter - productive.

It's supposed to be a tribute to the girls, yet it seems it omit their love-able characteristics.

What I essentially see you doing here is pushing the other characters down to pull the girls up.

That doesn't make the girls seem strong. It just makes everyone else seem weak.

Like seriously. I'm all for Haru and Kyoko being heavily involved in the mafia, because it is my head - canon that they are, but I honestly cannot see how this fic puts them in equal positions as the males in the series. It seems what you are doing is merely focusing on their physical strength ( not even physical in Haru's case, after all, I honestly cannot see Haru shooting someone in the feet for no good reason. Even though Haru is more brash - mannered than Tsuna, that's some Xanxus - shit right there. ) NOT their emotional strength, or even intellectual strength.

Haru and Kyoko are already strong in their own rights. It shouldn't be a good deed to write them as such and you shouldn't have to elevate them on a god like scale to make everyone else look like mortals. Maybe I'm rubbed so wrong because the only way you could show Kyoko, the most emotionally strong female of the series as being strong was to IGNORE the fact that she is strong in that sense in favor of making her physically more competent than the most physically competent of the series

And honestly, how the hell is Lal making Collonello urinate blood, good? How is that a way to make females look powerful? How is that funny? In canon, Lal's bitch - slaps are used for comedy, not to glorify her. Here you are glorifying her for committing some seriously sensitive violence in a comedic sense. Sorry, but making someone pee blood aint cute, boo. That doesn't show you as being strong, it really doesn't.

In general, this story is misogynistic. Reborn isn't as misogynistic as you seem to think because it acknowledges the strengths of the females, admittedly, in a more subtle way. Haru is acknowledged as the intelligent, determined girl, who can be a bit scary, but has a good heart. Kyoko is acknowledged as the silent, sweet girl, who despite her demurity, will stand up if she has to and doesn't succumb to emotional weakness. Bianchi- she's a bit wonky, but she has a strong resolve and will protect what she loves, no matter what. I - pin, may be small, but has a bright future as a talented assassin ( not to mention, at her young age, she stands up and cares for Lambo, despite his many short comings ). Lal, she may be weak emotionally, but she tries her hardest, even when she's in pain for those she cherishes most ( she's also a spartan of a teacher ). Nana, who comes off a bit harsh at first, is a loving woman who has a hell of a lot of patience and trust. These are the subtle acknowledgements made throughout the series, but fans like you want to cry misogyny because the girls aren't fighting, or are weak physically ( Chrome teds to get this, a lot. Why is she so much weaker than Mukuro? Well shit, she just became an illusionist for one, she has low self - esteem for two, and she was thrust into a world she knew nothing of, for three. She's strong though because despite everything, she is determined to prove herself. And, oh boy,does she. )

My point is, ust because a female is non - combatant, doesn't mean she is OMG weak. That's why fics in ANY series where the non - combatant girls are shown beating the combatant boys or shown as being as 'good as the guys' I get this feeling of being contrived. This message that the top -bar is to be as good as the boys, to be accepted as ' the boys', not to be welcomed as themselves, as a female. That being a female who doesn't fight is horrible, basically useless. That being a female who shows stereotypical female traits is horrible and renders you as such. You don't have to mold these girls into fighting machines because you want them to seem strong. They already, ARE strong, you just don't realize it. The problem is with you, not the series, not the character, not the author, you.

To be honest, the only bit I sort of liked was Nana's. I've read other fics like that, where Nana knows of the mafia, but plays down her knowledge to not only keep herself, but her family, safe. In those fics they hold Nana as herself, not as a comparison to her husband or her son.

All in all because the whole feel of this story just rubs me the wrong way. You had a good idea, but it seems it backfired in the end.
Fantasy-Magician chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
BRAVO!

I know how sad the girls discredited from action in KHR but then again most shonen works like that ;_; so good job!

I love the part Kyoko won her match ha ha ha Kyoya poor you!
Drugs Sparks The Imagination chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I have favorited many of your Varia and KHR stories without leaving a comment because I'm too But now I will say what I think of them- They're really good and you seem to go for the explaining the characters lives and actions and I like how you give special attention to the girls in this fic ( I especially like chrome here)So keep up the good work
Rinhail chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Interesting insights on the girls. Kyoko beating Hibari is hard to imagine, but I liked it. I liked all of them. c:
Sezony chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Not sure I like the part about Kyouko beating Hibari in a fight (mostly because of how unlikely it was) I think it would have been better if she beat someone else, but it was a great story. Haru's part was my favorite :)

Hana was left out though! I think she should've had a small part since she married Ryouhei and all...

Still loved it! You should write more stories with the girls of KHR.
Ceyrai chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Ooh, Kyoko with parkour and a knife? Is this a DR! shoutout? I like.

Nice to see some strength out of the Vongola girls, especially out of Kyoko and Haru. Thanks for the fic.
omgpink chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
HAHAHA LOLZ wicked funny. ttly agree though. SO much misogyny in khr. loved the part about lal mirch
zenbon zakura chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
hahhahhahhahhahahhahahahah lol poor hibari lol
THISISNOT chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
I love this! The girls in KHR should definitely get a larger role.
tscrit chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
This was brilliant. *A* I loved the way you portrayed them, giving them strengths and putting emphasis on what they can do, rather on what they can't.

I love it. It sheds light unto some of Amano's more... neglected and slightly demeaned characters. Keep writing!
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Oh man, I *love* what you did with this story! So much brilliance and humor (and a fabulous underlying dig at Amano's apparent lack of respect for her own female characters) packed into a nice, neat little package. Totally adored this!

(Haha, I totally didn't realize I'd read something else of yours until I saw that I'd clicked on your profile before, then I was like, OH YEAH THAT AWESOME SHAMAL PIECE! ... I need to get better at this. And I'm definitely making sure I read more of your stuff! Hope you don't mind! :3)
ThreeWayDart chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
I really love this fic! it always makes me happy to see fic that are female centric on the often forgotten characters of KHR, and DAMN RIGHT they deserve their respect.

Thought, the defeating Hibari part seems like a stretch with just a knife and PK... it would've probably been more amusing if it was Xanxus, b/c he seems like the type to look down on females. xD

AWESOME JOB! I shall now stalk you.
SeraphicTune chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I LOL at Haru shooting the Varia XD and the Bianchi part too. Overall, I liked it _ The girls should get more credit, ne? D