Reviews for Vendetta
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 13 . 11/3/2010
Oooh. Oooooh, yeah. Cathartic violence? Check. Sexy ninjas? Check. And HOSHIT, cameo by Banger! I totally guessed that would happen. (Having Ace say "shorty" a couple of chapters back was such a teaser.) I'm glad we got to see her again-and the little moment of bonding with Junko and Banger was awesome. I love that little pilot. :D

. . . now I'm imagining Banger meeting Aunt Beth. *clutches head* Gah . . . too much awesome . . . for one brain . . .

Also, major geek points for the Discworld reference. ;)

It was an interesting choice to show Mindbender's POV for part of it, but I think it worked. I liked the sensory details-the notion of tasting pain, for example, which I think I've actually done-and the way he was weighing his options, hoping to weasel out of it. And I liked his reactions to the way they were all claiming bits of him. (Although the way they were parceling him out, I found myself imagining the apprentices fighting over who got the wishbone.)

A worthy ending to a hilarious, touching, and blood-drenched story. All very good things. *applause* Well-played, madam!
willwrite4fics chapter 13 . 11/3/2010
Most excellant end. Both to the mission, the drama and Mindbender. He deserved every second of pain and more for all he'd done. Loved the duct tape toys, Beach's incredulity at what a kid would play with, and also the debate over firearms and kids. Personally, if they can lift it, I say teach them to use it.

Loved it all. Liked seeing Sherry again, although I think the upload ate a line or two there. Junko should be used to the idea that her man had other lovers. He's a ninja not a monk.

Thanks so much for sharing another excellant story.
Jack Inqu chapter 13 . 11/3/2010
"Where's My Cow?" originally came from the excellent Discworld book "Thud!" written by the brilliant Sir Terry Pratchett. His Grace Sir Samuel Vimes, Duke of Ankh, Commander of the City Watch, and total Badass, reads it to his son, Samuel Vimes Junior, every night at six. God(s) help you if you try to prevent him from doing so.

I'll reiterate my plea to see a side story/stories dealing with Beach Head and Covergirl's offspring, especially if you add the ninja kids to the mix.

Good to see Sherry again and I'm glad to see she's doing well. I consider her to be one of the best OCs I've ever read.

More cold-blooded violence than usual from you, but given the circumstances, completely understandable. Hopefully getting vengeance on Mindbender will help quiet some of Tommy's demons. And really, Mindbender, "I was only following orders?" That never works.

I look forward to your next update. Take care.
Karama9 chapter 13 . 11/3/2010
You really do have a sadistic streak. I like. :D

That was very well written and I absolutely enjoyed it. Mindbender's thoughts as it become clear he was going to die and that was that, and then his begging for death, ringed very true.
BlazeStryker chapter 12 . 10/22/2010
Congratulations at being the instrument of a storying finishing itself!

I'm very proud.

I have to agree with Master Aito.. Make it hurt.
Linuxgirl chapter 12 . 10/19/2010
Well, that was a surprise. Never expected Mindbender to be the one behind this. But such a plot fits very well to his screwed up mind.

And you knocked me completely off my feet with the sudden turn of events about the son of the Takeru master trying to make peace, because he foresaw the end of that enterprise. Looks like there might be a wiser master leading the Takeru now.

Great story, I'm very curious now how you wrap all this up (especially what will happen to Mindbender, I secretly hope Tommy kills him once and for all). Pity it has to end, but I'm happy about the story.
TinySprite chapter 12 . 10/18/2010
Awesome chapter! I am very much looking forward to what happens next!
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 12 . 10/18/2010
The new master of the Takeru is an eminently intelligent and sensible individual. I'm glad to see this; ninja clans in fiction sometimes fall prey to a "if one is evil, they're all evil" trope. (Not that you do this ever, but it's always refreshing to see it subverted anyway.)

There's so many great little moments in this chapter. I love the idea of Shana being accepted as Snake-Eyes' voice by the other clans; ASL isn't universal, after all, and in a way it adds to the Silent Master's mystique if somebody speaks for him. Makes me think of oracles and spooky gods.

Mindbender . . . oh shit, Mindbender, you are so screwed. Trying to relate Serpentor to Tommy was probably the dumbest thing he could have done-though it fits with his egocentric character, so I can't say I'm surprised. Whatever happens to that bald bastard, I'm looking forward to it. :D
willwrite4fics chapter 12 . 10/18/2010
Unexpected! You surprised me. Even when Storm recognized the prisoner, I still didn't guess until the very edge of announcing who it was. Smart Clan master to manage to save his entire clan by giving up the contract holder. Technically, the Arashikage eliminated his rival(father) probably most of the ninja aligned with his rival, and instead of demanding more blood, took the contract holder the new Master didn't like anyway. He got off pretty well(the loss of a great deal of the Clan's adult ninja and an entire compound notwithstanding).

Looking forward to the next... even if it is the end.
Vierge chapter 12 . 10/18/2010
I do have to agree that high-caliber machine guns and advanced, so-new-they-do-not-officially-exist-yet military hardware definitely send the You Are So Fucked message across loud and clear, in a way that breaks all kinds of language barriers. And nothing says "We quit!" quite like a large white sheet spread on the ground - though I do have to agree with Tommy and Snake on not trusting ninja who lay out a welcome mat like that. Hell, if I were at war with a person who thought a lot like me, I wouldn't trust a white flag; I'm likely to use it as a lure.

It's a good thing the new Takeru clan master's smarter than his dad ever was, and echoes Tommy's earlier sentiments about what it means to be a ninja. And I do have to say, I like Aito Takeru's taste in gifts! Nothing would please Tommy and Snake more than having Dr. Mindbender at their mercy, I'm sure. Bet they'd take turns with Shana and Junko, because I'm pretty sure Junko would want nothing more than to get a bit of "quality time" in with Mindbender.

And it's just like little Taro to call his dad out on lying. Bet that's another one of the reasons why he wishes Taro didn't inherit his hearing - aside from the frequent interruptions when he's getting a little frisky with Junko, of course.

I echo Aito's recommendation for Mindbender's treatment: make it hurt - and let us see? I'd really, really like to see how they torture Mindbender. Personally, I recommend tying him down on top of a bamboo shoot and letting the shoot grow through his body. It'll keep him alive for quite a while, even after it grows, but it'll really, really hurt in the meantime.
Karama9 chapter 12 . 10/18/2010
The image of Mindbender being choked is SOOOO satisfying. I think it's a powerful sign of how much Tommy loves Junko that she was able to cut through.

Nice chapter. Very anxiously waiting for the next one!
Quathis chapter 12 . 10/18/2010
Very tense meeting, though the one sure honor pledge ninja's have sure helped keep it civil (for ninjas anyway). I was impressed with the new clan master with how fast he was able to cope with his father's death, his new position, and how to prevent further damage to his clan. Almost as if he thought it would happen in advance, which, given who the target was, doesn't surprise me. Mindbender as a gift was a surprise, but one that might help Tommy lay a few old demons to rest. Looking forward to the last chapter. Until next time.
zenbon zakura chapter 12 . 10/18/2010
mindy bendy is gonna be eating his intestines some times in the future...
Rai Science chapter 12 . 10/17/2010
This was awesome yay! I love it, especially that it was Mindbender, the bastard. I really didn't like him, especially what he did to Tommy.
Vierge chapter 11 . 10/15/2010
Well, if you've got Beach around in a battlefield, carnage and property damage come guaranteed. Then again, pissed-off ninja promise all of the above AND lots of blood spatter too.

I'm glad they let Ace go all scorched-earth on the property. I have this image of him gleefully shooting down anything left standing until what was once a mountaintop fortress has been reduced to nothing but a huge, black, smoking crater. Sometime in the distant future, people will see that crater, and wonder whether it was caused by a meteor strike or some such thing. Bet that comparison would make Ace really happy, too.

Any child born of ninja simply does not have it in his or her genetic makeup to be scared by the sort of thing his or her parents do. Then again, any child born to Joe parents will never be a coward, ever. It doesn't really surprise me, then, that the kids have survived this entire encounter with their psyches unscathed.

And gee, thanks for the cliffhanger! I mean, I do like a good one now and again, but hot damn, that one was EVIL! I don't know whether to congratulate you for it or hate the fact that you put it where you did. Either way, though, I definitely look forward to upcoming carnage.
157 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »