Reviews for Artistic Temperment
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
I personally really love the disjointed style of your writing. This was wonderful for a first attempt on writing Les Amis. Your Jehan is quite charming, and I very much identify with him here. Jehan's reaction to his friend's asking to read what he has written is exactly mine to a T. I'll publish stuff on here, but if anyone I know asks if they can read it then I quickly tell them it's not good enough yet and they can read it when it is eventually. This was short, but it gave a very good portrait of your characters. :) Overall a wonderful story that touched me on a personal level.
wish-I-could-delete-this chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
This is beautiful. The ending made me cry, but I didn't seem to mind, because the story was so good. (Does that make any sense?) I loved Jehan here, and I think you got his personality down pat.
Histoire de le Coeur chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
This was really great, and besides it being all about Jehan and his poetry, which always make me swoon pathetically, the bit that particularly stood out to me was the thing about Bahorel reading a royalist paper just because it made him angry. That just seems to work for Bahorel! Methinks it great.
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
aw...so sad. I do like how they try to deny that they were keeping count...and actually, this one is a lot less disjointed!
frustratedstudent chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Interesting take on Jehan. Although I imagine that his friends would be more interested in his poetry, I think this course of events would be plausible as well.

And I like the use of Marianne there-but wouldn't it be surprising that his parents would NOT get it, considering that they knew subsequently that Jehan was a revolutionary? After all, I think the use of Marianne as a metaphor for France might have been already in wide usage in some circles as that time. Just my two cents.

Keep writing! Your fics are great. :D