Reviews for Strange and Unusual
TheCastorbean chapter 1 . 6/10
Okay um...serious plot twist there. I was reading and thinking in my head "Oh well the foreshadowing isn't encouraging but I'm sure that it'll work out in the end...wait hold on a minute She never comes back? What?"
My first thought was that her parents murdered her because it would take a lot to keep Astrid Hofferson away and they would have had to inform Stoick if they left (unless they hijacked and/or owned a boat and went off at night when no one was looking).
Man...is the Son of the Chief and the 'Dragon Conqueror' really such a bad choice for your daughter? Dang...I know he doesn't have the best track record but man...

THAT TWIST THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUGH...

THECASTORBEAN
matronium chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
wow, just wow.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
Wait, wait! I'm confused? Is she dead? Or does she have not enough time for Hiccup anymore? But I don't mind 'cause the story is interesting :)
HopeFrostRunnerDragonFire chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
Please update! This is really good!
13DiamondPython13 chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
I loved this story until the end. WTH? What does that even mean? Just take it out and put in a fight with her parents, so that she can leave.
guest chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
im confused
Frostbite Brandson chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
I really liked it
words-with-dragons chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Oh my god what can I say that describes how this made me feel?! I loved it, with my whole heart, it was so adorable and realistic and ohmygodthefeelings! It made me feel sad, that she had to choose between family and love. Interesting, how the evening before she goes, she almost foreshadows her own death. Hauntingly beautiful. Now, I read some of the reviews once I finished the story, to see if any of them had come up with an answer for the last line; most just asked what it meant, so I've had to come up with my own answer.
Honestly, by the way this story was constructed, I think it means she never came out of her parents house -except for one more time in a coffin. It's horrible, but they already disapproved, and I suppose, to an extreme extent (how could someone do that to their CHILD?! D:) it makes sense. R.I.P. Astrid. Toothless will take care of Hiccup, don't worry...oh god Toothless never gets his extra fish *goes to bawl eyes out*
pipps44 chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
OMG SUCH A MYSTERY! D: :D i don't know what i should think of this but it was really good! :D
Guest chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Did her parents kill her?! *Whimper*
Deafstalker chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
This is a truely great piece of writing. Only downside is it has left me confused as to what The last line means.

What happened to Astrid

I read the story twice over I I still can't piece it together
Punzie the Platypus chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Oh my gosh, that was so great! Toothless just seems like a dragon that can comfort you, you know? Have a well deserved cookie!
justawriter33 chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
beautiful! A lovely one-shot!
Aronim chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Very nice, very wellwritten story and a very good take on how Toothless might think.

That last line hit me like a punch to the gut. That's impressive, good work, even if it is very depressing too.

Great job.
Esther chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
woah, what's with the ending! What are you implying! She dies? her parents kidnap her? she totally blows off Hiccup? SHE NEVER COMES BACK? What? Come on, I was feelin happy til that last bit, now I'm depressed. How would Hiccup get over her? He would be depressed too. Sorry about that, this was a really good fic, BESIDES THE ENDING. :)Don't feel bad.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »