Reviews for April's Birthday Anthology
goldenmeadow chapter 5 . 4/6/2010
You always write mythology (in any form, whether it is your own fabrication or a new take on the classical) so beautifully, visually.

Fabulous Kari-ness:

When Tzaspr showed up after his rounds of the property, she was face down floating in the water like a drowned dryad. Her black hair was floating in serpentine strands, the only life evident in her motionless, prone form. Her skin, a white luminescent shell in the aquamarine blue haze of the water, made his breath hitch. She was beautiful even as she teetered on the edges of Oblivion. Tzaspr lept into the pool, the thick churns of water around his legs punctuating the agony of not being able to move swiftly through the shallow body of water to get to her sooner. His heart pounded in his throat as he pulled her to rock ledge of the grotto, his mind panicking that it was too late as he postitioned her airway to breath life into her body.

Exquisite, and sad:

"I need to get away from this place" was her first thought when Alis found herself sitting on the tripod seat, staring into the navel, the omphalos of the earth. Peering into the swirling noxious fumes that existed deep within the bowels of the cavern, Alis cleared her mind to prepare for the onslaught the visions brought unto her. There were times the gases below were red and angry, their messages landing with a venomous bite to her mind, weakening her will and strength to keep from going insane. Nearly all of the Pythonesses before her went mad. Walking the tightrope of Time can weaken the mind's sense of reality. Are we but shadows on the wall Plato proposed. Or will propose. I can' remember which. Does it matter?

Beautiful and deep and bright!
goldenmeadow chapter 4 . 4/6/2010
Ladies, I loved it! A little 'going down' time for our fair, untouched maiden. And holy fucking sexy Hercules! Where there's Diane there's water and where there's Lisa, there's laughter ;).

Rie
goldenmeadow chapter 3 . 4/5/2010
Ye goddesses of insouciance! Oh, the laughs and chuckles abounded, but when I read this next bit, I outright snorted:

If it weren't for that Nosy Parker, Helios, I might never have found her."

"He does love to stick it where the sun don't shine!

ROFLMAO:

Whatcha' gonna' do, eh Zeus:

Suddenly he realized Demeter was still talking, and he had missed it. Heh.

OM-ZEUS, all the passages were prettily peppered with so much Panhellenic piss-taking I just couldn't quote it all...could I?

Absofuckinlutely BRILLIANT!

Kiss kiss kiss,

Rie
RosaBella75 chapter 5 . 4/5/2010
Glorious tale of heroism, eroticism and love. Liked the use of the changes in the names' spellings. A very complete tale for being so sucinct. Delicious tender loving definitely leaves us eager for more even as we are relieved they sucessfully escaped.

Aro's screams were music to my ears! ;D

Thanks for writing, bb!
RosaBella75 chapter 3 . 4/4/2010
Mythology meets Twi in the modern era! Brilliant!

Fav line:

"Why didn't I listen to my mother? I could have been married to The Time Share King of Smyrna but no... I had to go for dimples, dark curls and a nice set of abs... and the lightning. Biggest bolt I'd ever seen..." That and the one about smacking her BabyDaddy upside the head.

Thoroughly delicious, damn funny and completely diverting! Bravo!

Thanks for writing, bb!
Gasaway Alley chapter 5 . 4/4/2010
Oh Kari! My Mistress Moon. You hang over my head every night, shining your light upon me, smiling your knowing smile with your succulent, astral-lit, ruby lips.

Tzaspr and Alis. Beautiful lovers woven together by the very threads spun by Lachesis. Your detail to these two leave me panting and excited.

You've given me Dark Hunter, Twilight, and a story of my own. I couldn't ask for more.

I see every part where you stretched your literary wings and applaud you for your prowess with your pen. You are a hot channel brimming with the scalding liquid of latent talent.

Thank you for giving me a birthday to remember for all my days. I feel cherished. I feel loved. I feel reverent.

Thank you all for your huge slices of Greek pie. I have consumed every last crumb and have licked my fingers and smacked my lips in satisfaction. You have tickled my ribs, brought forth laughter, wrung tears of joy, and tears of love lost. Caused tendrils of want to tread through my body like a Greek Regime plowing through fields of scantily leather-clad slabs of muscly men.

I have taken the bow of friendship and carved each and every one of your names on my heart.

Thank you for my immortalizations!
RosaBella75 chapter 2 . 4/4/2010
Bahahha! Bravo, bb! I think I was as disappointed as he was that we didn't get a little mornin' after lovin'! ;D

"'Itchy Scratchy' was now officially on his own." ROTF LMAO!

You created an unexpectedly hot and highly fuckable Prissward. I'm impressed. Granted, it is hard to resist a Togaward! :D LOL

Thanks for writing and sharing!
Gasaway Alley chapter 4 . 4/4/2010
I love, love, love what you two did to Royce and his co-horts. Turning Royce to a stag and his merry men into dogs is a perfect way to make him, and them, pay for their sins and transgressions.

I am amazed at the incredible amount of work you have done for me. I am so deeply honored by all! A lovely chapter. A spin on more of my favorite Greeks. A tribute to two of my favorite Twilighters.

Em's description had me fanning myself. I drool over just about every Em in this fandom - if you pay attention to my posts on the DW, I like 'em big, brawny, and...big.

I found my own toes curling where you described the scene with ArteRose's legs up over HerculEm's shoulder. One of my fave positions - trust!

Thank you over and over again. You've made my birthday even more special!
Gasaway Alley chapter 3 . 4/4/2010
'Why didn't I listen to my mother? I could have been married to The Time Share King of Smyrna but no... I had to go for dimples, dark curls and a nice set of abs... and the lightning. Biggest bolt I'd ever seen...'

I'd like to start there. I thank you. Tom-foolery is afoot from my two kept women of fandom. I've been chuckling the entire time reading this. Methinks you two had a lot of fun writing this fuckery and loving it. You made it fun to read. I can actually hear your cackles of glee and wheels spinning and racing along your fingers to write it out while the thought process was hot.

'The Cloud Gatherer stood up carefully, stretching, and thanked himself for togas, size 3x tall.' - Please feel free to rain your god-juice down on me anytime!

'Something about a boy having facials and manicures just isn't right. Kid carries a murse, for me's sakes, embossed with cocks. Yeah, I don't need to consult a damn oracle to get that double entrendre... and all that running, no muscle mass to speak of. Does my own boy wax his chest?' - I don't know if you know who Bam Margera is, but he had penises branded on his ass during "Jack Ass". This came to mind when I read this. You can Google it.

'and as god- er, as I only know, you are irresistible.'- Umm,Freudian slip?

I'm laughing my ass off at your names for all the Greek establishments.

And, in true Vi style - eating on the new dais and being threatened within an inch of his life for making a mess.

I had some nether twitches while Z considered getting his almighty on with D.

Ambrosia-O's!

Get my broom! I'd ride on up there happily on mine just to have a look unnerneath his bolt-buckle! Yummy-num-nums. I wonder if it's like biting down on tinfoil...

RosaBella75 chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Oh so tragic, poignant and gripping. I take it Nassisus is Aro or does it even matter. Didn't to me beyond the intellectual exercise.

Beautiful and searingly sad way to break your HS cherry!

Gorgeous imagery and prose-like writing, bb! Talk about a dynamic duo, bb's!
Gasaway Alley chapter 2 . 4/4/2010
Oh, phucus me! 'leave the wings on.' - *shakes the cobwebs out madly*

Jo, I died and went to the Elysian Fields! Hot myth soup for dinner! I love this!

This is so effing funny! Itchy twitchy marble bags and eensy teensy wings. Poor Jasper - maybe not so poor since his kracken was showing while Alice dug in deep.

I love how your Sheetward was so like our Peddie we know and love. Eros (not to be misconstrued as a 'mother lover') was funny, snarky, and too smart for his own toga!

E's word association had me laughing out loud - Aphrodite..Aphrodite Callipygos...Callipygos...Beautiful Buttocks...Bella Callipygos...Bella Beautiful Buttocks...

Stroking his wings...I'd love to stroke his wings.

Bless you for this one...'Cullen you chump! You've got a hot chick in a toga using your dick as some sort of pussy-pogo-stick and all you're worried about is your wings?'

Hot sex alert! Hot sex alert!

When I read this next line - 'The bitch stole my wings!' - I died! Beastie Boys immediately sprang to mind - She's crafty!

*sings loudly*

We got the crib - there's Adam and D.

We didn't say a word - they just stared at me

I said, "I don't know her just met her tonight."

And Adrock started hiding everything in sight

D. pulled me over said, "Hide your gold,

The girl is crafty like ice is cold!"

The girl is crafty - she knows all the moves

I started playing records - she knew all the groo-hooves

He thought she was a thief - and D. was right

But I just figured she'd spend the night

When I woke up late in the afternoon

She had taken all the things from inside his room

I found myself naked in the middle of the floor

She had taken the bed and the chest of drawers

The mirror, the TV, the new guitar cord

My remote control and my old skateboard

She robbed us blind - she took all we owned

And the boys blamed me for bringing her home

Jo, thank you - you bring heaps of laughter to my days! Even if you are the spectrum vs. speculum (latin for mirror) police!
Gasaway Alley chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Happy birthday to me! What an un-triable titanically tantamount text of talented tracy's you are! Alliterators unite!

This chapter of Pan and Cybele was incredible. A tap in the vein, a lick of the skin, a puncture of node - all invasive just like your words. These two Romeo and Juliet-esque struck lovers were cut short of loves true length. Your thoughts struck sure and quick into my brain. I raced through then re-read to soak in your lines and let them settle just under my skin.

Such a sweet tincture of lore, spin, and goth-fable. You have managed to knit each of your own pearls of apt and savvy into each plush paragraph.

Pandemonic. I love this word. I love you!
brandj chapter 5 . 4/4/2010
"As you wish." Reminds me of "The Princess Bride"! :) Great job Kari! Breathtaking!
brandj chapter 4 . 4/4/2010
" for Zeus's sake" and "What in Athena's name was happening to me?" Cleaver! You ladies are brilliant!
TwifanUK chapter 5 . 4/4/2010
Aro has always struck me as being a bit of a creepy old bastard! As he crept towards her bedchamber I got a bit worried about what he was going to do with her.

That was beautifully written Kari. Jasper the hero, rescuing Alice from a life of virginal misery. The moment of them giving themselves to each other was sensual and 'innocent'. Perfectly done.

Loved it.