Reviews for Better Than Never
ASF13957 chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Very well written and in character. I enjoyed it a lot. Interesting combination of characters, too.
Espoir Noir chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Oh lovely! I like that you didn't try to drag this out, it was jsut the right length. I don't think you quite managed to capture Harry, but I loved Cornelius. I loved the detail in this as well. Lovely!
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Interesting perspective; you captured Fudge very well.
Morghen chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
I'm not usually one for Harry fanfic but these one was an exception. You did a great job at showing how the weight of regret ruined Fudge. I was pretty sure that Harry was not going to forgive him but I was happy when he did. Great job!

-Morghen
SoUsay234 chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
I really liked it. I like the way you express Harry's feelings.

Nice fic
ThePandorica chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
ZOMG, it's Fudge! :O

Who is old...

Well, that is a nice change but Fudge is still the same old person. xD

Nice work, as always. :)

TRR
iMissHP chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
I really enjoyed reading your story. I like how you portrayed Fudge, I think he's a difficult character to written but you did it very well. Loved it!
Schermionie chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Oh, lovely! I love scenes like this, where two 'enemies' talk things over and come down to whether they forgive each other or not. Fudge was practically perfect - you really showed how he must have changed after years of thinking about all this and being weighed down by it all.

Nitpicks: In "Carried back to childhood by...typically English cooking, Harry sat at a table...", 'typically' should be 'typical'.

I liked how you portrayed Harry and Ginny's relationship. It was very sweet, how much they seemed to care for each other. The details at the start about how Harry's life had been were a nice touch.

""By doing the right thing, even if it wasn't the easiest." It was with satisfaction that Harry watched the old man recoil slightly, his liver spotted hand jerking beside the mug of ale. There was also a twinge of guilt."

I LOVED this line! Fudge brings up painful memories for Harry, yet Harry still wanted to behave like an adult, so felt guilty for it. It was also aw-kward, in a wonderful, cringe-worthy way.

"Fudge's voice remained level, showing that he was aware of how thin the ice really was."

I loved this one as well. Again, very awkward. Just what I'd hoped for!

Thanks for writing such a fantastic oneshot for my challenge. You did really well with the characters, and it was a great situation - Harry couldn't have refused without sounding rude.
lonely hands chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Hmm... not something I would normally read, but I enjoyed this a lot :) It was a very interesting topic to have written about and I felt it was very believable. Harry was perfectly IC. Well done!