Reviews for Alisa III Chronicle: Devastation War
Vicious Pink chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
I just realized my last review probably made little sense with the constant reference to PSI. I don't know how that happened, but obviously I meant Phantasy Star 3, not PSI. Sorry!
Vicious Pink chapter 3 . 4/6/2010
What a treat! I log on to this site today and there are three new entries for the classic Phantasy Star series!

I completely agree with you that PSI could use a remake. Personally, I'm glad you went with the English version timeline of this game. Though the Japanese version expands a bit more on the individual relationships in the game (like Lena and Rhys being betrothed), I find that version adds more continuity problems than what it's worth (plus there's that whole bothersome and unnecessary subplot with Ohario and Aina).

Anyway, you've captured the tragedy of the Devastation War quite well. I especially love how you've written Miun; her character begs to be expanded on, as tragic as she is. She was one of my favorite parts of PSI and a perfect example of the price of war.

I remember reading your PSI stories a while ago on Hugues's PSI site, and I'm glad to see them posted here, too.
GeshronTyler chapter 3 . 4/5/2010
Yeah, not the most uplifting of stories. Reminds me Windaria, to some extent, especially with Orakio and Laya. Especially with the depressing tone at the end. _
GeshronTyler chapter 2 . 4/4/2010
As unfamiliar as I am with Phantasy Star, this story still works on it own merits. _ Though I'm not very fond of nihilistic endings... especially when the agent of evil is still free to pass on the corruption. But hey, that's what's required for a sequel.