Reviews for Tragic Past
Aww, I love the last part of this story, Chandler and Monica with their own little family and with their friends on Christmas, you paint the perfect picture I want the friends to have for the rest of their lives, well done.
TheTwilightMarauder chapter 21 . 1/15/2011
wow this is really good! great job :)
Kenwoody chapter 21 . 1/5/2011
I read the reposted chapter, and I have to say thank you. Most people don't realize how difficult and how life altering early childhood trauma is. Actually, I'm in the middle of posting a fanfiction all about trauma as well. I'm trying really hard not to be a sellout by pushing my own story on you, but if you've ever seen ABC's Castle, then I would like you to read it and let me know what you think.

I feel that since I was kinda the one that jumped down your back and made you change it, I should explain myself. I've been through a lot of emotional trauma in my childhood with an occasional, mild physical abuse more recently. Not too harsh, but even a shove during an argument can be terrifying.

All those issues have been solved and put to rest, but since then I've been a bit of a dissociative and for the longest time had a crippling case of Depersonalization Disorder. I've come to accept that I won't ever fully get rid of my Depersonalization, and that it'll always be a part of my life that I have to deal with, but I've come to accept it and make peace with it. It isn't as harsh or as frequent anymore, but it's still harder for me to connect to others and the world around me. Trust me, happiness, contetedness, and joy are not things I take for granted. I have to work for them every day, and quite often it's a battle I'll lose, even though I've long since dealt with the reason for the DPD, and come to accept it.

Thank you for listening to my comment. It meant a lot.
mondlerjunkie chapter 21 . 1/5/2011
this whole story was amazing. i love everything you write.

xoxo alina
Kenwoody chapter 20 . 1/4/2011
I'm sorry that I don't often review and that I'm going to be blunt, because I know it'll sound kind of harsh, but this is a topic I know a lot about and I just want you to understand.

You don't "get over" trauma. Especially something in a long term, constant, and emotionally abusive setting. Especially with the physical and (sexual?) abuse. It's something that sticks with you your entire life. You don't wake up from reliving your worst past memories feeling great; you understand more, and take time to fully absorb it and acknowledge it. The thing with overcoming trauma isn't that you just get over it. It's more like something you come to accept, and then one day you realize that you don't mind carrying it around with you.

At least, that's as far as I've come.
mondlerjunkie chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
I'm still such a big fan of this story. I think I've read every Mondler story here and this def goes under top 10. Can't wait for an update xoxo
Guest chapter 18 . 12/17/2010
It's a great story! That shultz person, I'm glad he's gone... Unless he didn't really drown? But please continue, it's very interesting.
mondlerjunkie chapter 18 . 12/1/2010
I love this story so much please update soon xoxo
mondlerjunkie chapter 17 . 10/22/2010
Man... I love this tory. One of the best ever written here and I've read almost all of them. Can't wait for more. XOXO
JennLovesMondler chapter 16 . 10/5/2010
Yessss! He's okay! Cant wait for the next chapter and see how Chandler deals with the pregnancy news. Great job!
mondlerjunkie chapter 14 . 9/30/2010
this story is so awesome. please bring chandler back. i cant wait for an update
elizzabethavary chapter 14 . 9/29/2010
Ohmigod! Baby bing?

Gosh chandlers gonna have a stroke when he gets back! Lol!

Can't wait for the update!
hpenchantress chapter 13 . 9/15/2010
Wow! You have such a great story here! I definitely have to keep an eye on it!
Ritsu Kaiori chapter 13 . 9/10/2010