Reviews for Who Says You Can't Go Home?
CharlieBoneFan chapter 1 . 2/3
Awww, I feel bad for Philip but I loved the story anyway. Philip was just too adorable. I hope he finds someone like Alice.
Sureves96 chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Merlin's beard I love it! The way you describe tarrant ... Awwww in love with him now *_* oh my gosh I must read it again... :D
Clever Lass chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Oh, this was adorable! So sweet, but not cloying. I liked Philip very much; it's a pity he's just a minor character in a one-shot. If you felt like continuing it, perhaps he could somehow make his way to Underland and fall for Queen Mirana. That would be a good pairing.

Love your characterization of the Hatter here, especially how he bursts into the wedding. I felt like cheering.
arwin-urban chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
I love this story so much! But could you maybe write more! Maybe about alice and tarrent getting married!
PsychicOtaku182 chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
I really liked this story! Especially when the Hatter shows up at the wedding! You mentioned an Outlandish dictionary at the bottom though. I'd like to see that, when you finish it.
themindkiller chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Would you mind sending me the outlandish dictionary you mentioned? I would promise that I wont use it without crediting you... But honestly, I just want to read it for my own curiosity...

Much thanks,

BombChele chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
lovely story. I love how you built suspense by first having minimal communication with Underland and then scaring us all by not having anyone show up when the minister asked if there were any objections! I almost died!

You ended it nicely as well; I feel that the open ending was perfect. Many writers don't write open endings that seem "final" enough, but yours is. All lose ends are tied up, but there's still plenty of hope for their future.

One criticism: First you state that Lord Ascot cannot make it to the wedding, so he sends a gift basket in lieu of attending and the Earl escorts her down the aisle. But then he and Lady Ascot stand up to speak for her mother. That is a bit confusing, but other than that, it's a well written story.
TonyaTheWriter chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
That was charming! I truly loved this story! I am so disappointed it is only one chapter long...But it is truly charming!

If I could, I would want to 'slurk' around like Chess and find my way to Wonderland, and meet those two after your story!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
You asked for a review, so here is one. I don't mind long stories, if they happen to be good ones. Yours in one of the few from this Alice in Wonderland fandom that I like. The plot is good, unusual enough -it is.

You didn't feel the need to throw in sexual contempt, or the sickenningly popular (1)I love you (2)You love me (3)Life is so perfect (4)Let's make out. That thing loves to appear in the last lines of texts rather literally.

Your depiction of the characters was good. You had a nice balance for Alice, the characters you made up even weren't too intrusive as I feared they would be, since people seem to struggle to keep them from influencing the plot. Hence, you had Philip in line, he never got part of the love of Alice out of loneliness or pity from her, he actually had the time to make an improvment of his one (the part with his father), and his "oddness" didn't lead you to take him to Wonderland. Good. With all these things, he actually ended up moving the plot for the best.

You made the secondary characters interact nicely. Too many people throw them in just for the hell of it and don't quite know what to do with them. And so they often end up being a bad excuse for a line of bad humor.

As for the plot itself, simple, yet effective. And simplicity never is a bad thing in my personal opinion. So, technically, this is good, far better than most of the other fictions here (un)fortunately (fortunately for you, quite sad for my eyes and the fandom. It's terrible how much crap there is out there.)

As for the emotional side, now. This one is tricky. You managed well enough, Alice and Tarrant stay delightfully in character, and are...lovable, for lack of a better word in my english vocabulary. I was going for something with more tenderness. Then let's shortly take note than you also keep a little of the ending for the reader to figure on his own, and it's a good idea.

Though, there's one black spot I can criticize : More than half of your story takes place during the part focused on the role of your characters, waiting for the big event to happen. While it's still nice and you give the reader small bits of interaction with Underland, it keeps the reader waiting a very long time, and so you should, in my opinion, have given a more important part to Underland afterward to counterbalance the wait. For, in Alice in Wonderland, what people long most to see is Alice AND anything/everything wonderland related. Cue the title. It'd have been nice. But it's still good anyway.
Lenighma chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
AWESOME! I like Philip. I hope best for him. Ooh, OUTLANDISH FTW. I would LOVE to have a copy!
0TruestBlue0 chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
I totally heart this! Though I did feel a bit bad for poor Phillip but Alice and Hatter just go so well together. :)

Thank for a most enjoyable read.

Ronnie343 chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
Somehow, I believe by you making a one-shot, then a multi-chaptered fic than mashing everything together was a good choice. This is very well-written and the characters match their personalities nad names almost exactly. I loved how you incorporated the hidden presence of Underland in the story. And the wedding scene-how epic! Not expected at all! 5/5!

Oh, do you mind sending the Outlandish Dictionary? All credit will be given to you as promised!
Indigo chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
I haven't yet read the story (I plan to; I've already saved it on my e-reader), but there is a bit in the summary that bothers me a little.

It goes:

[...] or will she be forced into society by marriage?

That sounds like she is very isolated, a loner, and marriage will make her be more sociable.

I think what you meant was that society may force her to get married.

Which should be:

[...] or will she be forced into marriage by society?

A bit nit-picky to be sure, but it's your summary.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading your story, which sounds quite appealing to me.

echomoon chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
aww this is cute :) can i have a copy of your Outlandish dictionary?
PhoenixWytch chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Sweet! This is wonderful.

Thanks for writing.