Reviews for How Sarah Got Her Groove Back
brittanydunaj1 chapter 1 . 5/20
Am I the only one who found the last part funny? Lol. By the way I kind of like how Sarah,in a way,forgave Nancy by saying,"I can't take theses foo-foo Loreena McKennitt sage-loving self-righteous Wiccans anymore! I want to have fun again!" Lmao. :)
awriterscorned chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
I'm not sure that's totally an accurate parody of Wiccans. You have to throw in some stuff about how there's no way Nancy could have done anything to hurt Sarah because "your powers like totally disappear the minute you become a Rule of Three hating naughty-pants." Otherwise, heh. I don't have an inherent problem with Wicca but I see the point.
Morianna Phoenix chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
I have to say that at first I was offended, then as I read on, I realized that I should actually be more amused. Somehow or other you managed to take the two opposite extreme ends of the wiccan spectrum (the fluffybunnies and the trad elitists) and combine them into one group. I am sure both groups would be highly offended. : ) As someone who knows both types of people, seeing them combined into one group is hilarious for it's irony, among other things. Others might be offended, but I'm going to go on the assumption that you wrote this with the purpose of exagerating and being humorous. I love the last five lines.

-Morianna Phoenix
adusha chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
Haha I never knew there were so many Wiccans, Pagans etc on fanfiction. Lol...the theme was great. I imagine those were the fluffy bunnies type. Lol, every religion has those. The Wiccans or Pagans or whatever who said wiccans aren't like that then they haven't met every kind of them. I know at least 10 and counting. Hilarious!
sammie chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
oh thats it? Man I was expecting fights and other stuff oh well
Taisi chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
That rocks! But I like Sarah being the Wiccan-ish, nice witch...Besides...Manon (typo?) didn't like the way Nancy used her powers...So wouldn't that be a death-deal?
ame-ga-korobu chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
That was so Wicca bashing, I love it! Not that I hate wicca or anything..but the whole movement is so teen oriented it makes me sick,
Black ThunderWolf chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
*blinks* *blinks*

*roars with laughter*
wiccagrl chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
? okay...
Cory Anne Stickel chapter 1 . 2/24/2005
How INSULTING! I'm a Pagan, Wiccan, AND a Witch, and I was INCREDIBLY offended by this.

You really should get some facts straight:

1. I highly doubt that a Wiccan group of any kind would hold a gathering (especially one that was as large as you hinted at) in a Christian based/run organization such as The Y. It wouldn't go over very well as the general opinion of any magical practice is that it's "evil" or "Satanic."

2. You don't have to be a Wiccan to be a Witch. Just like you don't have to be a Witch to be a Wiccan. You can be both, or one or the other. It's your own preference; NOT the concensous of a group.

3. Sarah DID perform successful magic, and while her love spell on Chris was selfish, her over-all attitude towards everything involved in the practices was INCREDIBLY responsible for someone that age who could so easily be tempted to mis-use that power. She accepted responsiblity for her actions, and expressed caution for the others in the group. HARDLY selfish at all.

4. Pagans, Wiccans, Witches, et all do NOT believe in Satanism. We believe in a balance of our light and shadow sides, and that it's all a natural balance of life. Satan is a creation of the Christian faith, not New Age.

5. Black magic? Go watch the movie again and pay close attention to what the shop owner says: "True magic is neither black or white. It's both because nature is both. The true intent is in the heart of the user."

6. True, there are going to be self-righteous people in ANY religion, but I've never read, in ANY Wiccan book ANYWHERE, that Wiccans are the only true and good witches.

7. You don't need to join a coven (or a group) and memorize a book to become a Witch or a Wiccan. And Sarah was a Natural Witch, so I'm sure there were some things that she could have taught that wouldn't be in any book.

Your goal may have been to write a humourous story, and there's no harm in that, truely, but the end result was something incredibly offensive and the least bit funny.

Btw, if you watch the movie with the commentary on, the production team of "The Craft" worked very closely with a Wiccan group to try to portray everything as accurately as possibly (albeit portray it on a very small and simplified scale) in an attempt to try to break the very profiling that you wrote.
Samara Morgan-ring chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
Crashdog chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
I like that you aren't afraid to step on toes. It's good that you can vent and express yourself in your writing.
Madam Jinx chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
This was funny as hell. koodos!
Daniele-Marx chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
I'm watching The Craft right now, and I love the ending to this story. It's short and sweet and to-the-point. How Sarah basically goes crazy and frees Nancy in order to fulfill the desire to do magick.
Airfaith chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
Okay... I really dont think that would have happned but hey whatever. Um...The whole wiccin thing and how they were acting was a little false. But Ya... Well I dont know really what else to say but check out what wicca really is and what Sarah would have done.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »